It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACA destined to fail, by design, bring on single payer!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
www.seattletimes.com...

Elizabeth Warren: ‘The next step is single-payer’ health care

WASHINGTON — Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Tuesday that opposing the Republican health-care bill wasn’t enough and the Democratic Party should start running on a new national single-payer plan. “President Obama tried to move us forward with health-care coverage by using a conservative model that came from one of the conservative think tanks that had been advanced by a Republican governor in Massachusetts,” she told The Wall Street Journal. ”Now it’s time for the next step. And the next step is single payer.” Polling has shown government-provided health care to be a very popular notion among Americans. Depending on whether it’s described as a public option, Medicare for all, or federally funded universal health care, proposals are supported by 57 to 61 percent of Americans, compared with only 19 to 24 percent opposed.

Obamacare was destined to fail, in fact, it had to. It seems the plan all along was to bring in a single payer system after everyone was dumbfounded and had no other options. So America, you have been played. No kiss behind the ear, no gentle caress, just a bludgeoning from behind. Enjoy that.

At least they are trusting the polls. The same ones that did such a fantastic job of predicting the outcome of the 2017 election.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Single payer was originally part of the Obama plan, but he dropped it in order to compromise with the Republicans.

And Obamacare is not failing. The insurance companies are raking-in the money. The Republicans should be happy, right?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
It has been a dismal failure. My son who is 25 , can't get over29 hours at work because companies refuse to pay for health insurance now. This is with major businesses. Used to be just an added bonus, Obummer care has changed the face of the American work force, now please remove head from the sand.a reply to: introvert

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
It has been a dismal failure. My son who is 25 , can't get over29 hours at work because companies refuse to pay for health insurance now. This is with major businesses. Used to be just an added bonus, Obummer care has changed the face of the American work force, now please remove head from the sand.a reply to: introvert

I did not say that Obamacare was the best thing since sliced bread. It's actually garbage, if you ask me. But it is not failing because it is doing what it was designed to do by the Republicans at the Heritage Foundation.

It's designed to force money to government coffers or the pockets of the insurance companies. In those aspects, it's a complete success.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Your saying Obama care is part of the vast right wing conspiracy!?!" Now I've herd everything, im going to go watch some paint dry, my head hurts, have fun.....a reply to: introvert

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Your saying Obama care is part of the vast right wing conspiracy!?!" Now I've herd everything, im going to go watch some paint dry, my head hurts, have fun.....a reply to: introvert

It's not a conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Of course she's blaming Republicans. It was called Obamacare for a good reason. They were all for it when they thought it was going to be his huge legacy, but, as usual, when something fails, they blame it on someone else. It was not Republicans who passed it or even voted for it. I can think up any crazy plan, but the moron who actually follows it is to blame when it all blows up.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Here: Link

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Of course she's blaming Republicans. It was called Obamacare for a good reason. They were all for it when they thought it was going to be his huge legacy, but, as usual, when something fails, they blame it on someone else. It was not Republicans who passed it or even voted for it. I can think up any crazy plan, but the moron who actually follows it is to blame when it all blows up.

It's not blowing up. It's doing exactly what it was designed to do.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

That's not a surprise...

Including the useless middle men that are insurance companies was 100% the GOP addition to the Aca.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

And those aspects were the GOP addition to the aca...

The dems wanted single payer off the jump.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

not that it matters at this point, but for the record, could you list all the republicans who voted for the ACA please?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

As you said obama and the dems always wanted single payer..

The GOP started yelling death panels and the aca was meet in the middle.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

If was an exact copy of romneycare remember??

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Obamacare should've been "single payer" to begin with.

What it actually turned out to be was a form of corporate welfare devised by the conservative-leaning heritage foundation to further fill the coffers of the insurance industry. As if those selfish greedy unethical types needed any help at all from the state.

Indeed Mitt Romney instituted a scheme almost identical to Obamacare as Governor of Massachusetts in 2006.

I agree with Obama on exceptionally little, but he should've stood his ground on healthcare, unless he never intended to in the first place and it was all one of those "bargaining chips".
edit on -050007am6kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Thank you Captain Obvious

We've known about this since the beginning.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Oh I remember, Romney, he was the guy who the GOP tried to offer us and nobody wanted right?

OK, if Ronald Reagan himself came back from the grave and wrote the ACA then offered it to the world, the fact still remains that no republicans voted for it, so you trying to spin it into somehow being a right failure is just another epic failure on your part. It's the way your leaders trained you. Lie, spin, and when caught, play stupid and lie some more.

Obama pushed it, Obama got it passed, and the left owns it all, every last failing bit of it.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Like I said, it's doing what it was designed to do. Insurance companies are actually seeing record profits and they get to pick and choose what markets they work in.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join