It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

NEWS: Reports: 18 Found Dead in Spanish Hostel

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
An apparent gas leak has killed 18 in a hostel in Spain. The hostel located in the town of Todolella was full following a Saturday night party in the town. It appears that one of the gas heaters did not burn properly and carbon monoxide was released.

 



story.news.yahoo.com
MADRID, Spain - Eighteen people gathered in a mountain hostel in eastern Spain for a birthday party died in their sleep from an apparent gas leak, reports said Sunday.

The victims — ages 20-40 — were part of a group of 50 people from several villages who converged on a hostel in the hamlet of Todolella for Saturday night's party.

Most went home afterward but 18 spent the night in the hostel and lit at least one gas heater in the room where they were to sleep, reports said.

The heaters either leaked butane gas or did not burn properly and instead released deadly carbon monoxide, Efe and Europa Press said, quoting police.


Please visit the link provided for the complete story.


Two gas deaths in a week. However, there does not seem to be any indication of foul play, simply bad luck. It could have been poor equipment, or people two drunk to operate it, or a combination of both.




posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
ok,
consdering the situation after a hard night party,
accidents can happen quickly.

but then again,
two "gas accidents" in less then a week?



 
0

log in

join