It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump moves to roll back clean water rules

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: DupontDeux

You are correct... but I doubt many will pay attention to the facts when they can instead tilt at the wind mills and fly into hysterics over their imagination...

Thanks for bringing the truth into the thread.

You're welcome. And you're right.
Why bother with facts, when you can, you know, not bother?

Personally I am against Trump's executive Order, but I will be damned if I am going to be against it without taking the time to do at least a bit of looking into it. I would like to retain a bit of credibility.

Anyway, I think that instead of legislating by Executive Order, the question should be retried at the Supreme Court so we can get an actual ruling on what are, and what are not federal jurisdiction under the Clean Water act.

For one thing the use of EO's is a bit iffy, and for another thing it is ridiculously bureaucratic and unproductive to change stances every time a new president is elected. Let's get issues like this clarified once and for all and let's then move on.

edit on 28-6-2017 by DupontDeux because: sounded too douchey

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

I am leaning more in favor of it, mainly because when I return to the states I want to set up some rain water barrels at my house... which are technically illegal now a days. (So i can use them when it gets dryer on my garden, or in a pinch with treatment use it took cook/drink)

I agree ruling by EO is not a good way to go about business... I felt that under Obama as well, in fact I think my first thought when I heard his pen and a phone comment was... do these idiots realize if a republican gets in they will take this and run with it.

My biggest thing is I want the EPA to do its job... not hand regular folks 75k a day fines.. but look into the connection between round up and cancer down in the Delta region. Things of that nature that us little people have no hope of fixing... I know its a pipe dream as long as congress is owned by the corporations... but hey we all need a dream right.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

You don't get it. All these regulations are negatively impacting business' bottom line. Profits are being hurt. Corporations and big business don't need to be told what not to do by government. They've proven time and time again that they would NEVER do anything to harm the environment. All these regulations and restrictions prevent their ability to compete. China, India and the Eastern European countries don't suffer under these regulations and they have a competitive advantage as a result. And look at their water quality. Clean as can be.

Yes but its not embarrassing to anyone to know that dead rivers and streams are part of the great cost of a good standard of living.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Life thrives in the ocean floor where there is no light. Life is everywhere. Even if people dump nuclear waste into river, not saying that's a good thing, there would be life evolved to survive in such conditions.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Sure, because you know, big business will self regulate and keep things safe. I mean, look how well it worked out prior to water regulations. You'd think rivers were on fire or something! /sarcasm

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Oh Christ on a crutch, he "rolled back" an Obama act that was signed in 2015 and has yet to ever take effect thanks to the act's legality being challenged in court and locked up ever since day 1. In other words NOTHING WILL CHANGE REGARDING CLEAN WATER VERSUS WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW, RIGHT THIS MINUTE. This overdramatization horsecrap is a real hoot, though.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Every single regulation from the Zero era should be reversed. His mission was to destroy the USA and everything his apparatchiks did was done to further that goal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join