It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump moves to roll back clean water rules

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
You want the swamp, well here is another example of. Trump moving to roll back clean water rules that impact drinking water. Sad part about it is that some of the farmers are cheering for it to occur. What they don't realize is that large corporations and developers will dump things into the drinking water that serves 1 in 3 Americans.

At the end, nobody will know why their kids have leukemia or why their food has e-coli. All these right wingers will know is that they got their way, but thousands will be affected in the years to come.

www.yahoo.com...

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha
So , you didnt read your own linked to article at all , did you ?
Just the glorified headline...

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Do you really believe Trump and republicans want dirty water? You really can't believe that do you? A little more research perhaps?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I heard your house has a stream running through the yard.

Your house is now mine. cool?

Thanks for playing.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

More misleading news from the Main Scream.
From your source:

"We are taking significant action to return power to the states and provide regulatory certainty to our nation's farmers and businesses," EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt said, adding that the re-evaluation would be "thoughtful, transparent and collaborative with other agencies and the public."

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Just another hit piece!

nobody will know why their kids have leukemia or why their food has e-coli.

Then you got the kiddies involved and even e-coli.

Read your own source material next time ... please.

P

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
So that's BS from Pruit. Let me translate that quote for you. He's saying that he's going to eliminate rules to polluting water so that it is cheaper for his donors to do business.

originally posted by: TexasSquatch

More misleading news from the Main Scream.
From your source:

"We are taking significant action to return power to the states and provide regulatory certainty to our nation's farmers and businesses," EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt said, adding that the re-evaluation would be "thoughtful, transparent and collaborative with other agencies and the public."

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Actually, if you paid attention to what was written, you would understand (I'm going on a limb here because right wingers have a difficult time processing anything logical) that eliminating the rules will just make it easier to pollute our drinking water. You must be dense as F, if you can't gather that from this article.

originally posted by: Gothmog
So , you didnt read your own linked to article at all , did you ?
Just the glorified headline...

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
So this is what a hit an run post looks like. I'm learning!

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Saga21

The liberal poster will try to twist and contort the main scream headline to work to his advantage, the truth is repealing these regulations is not at all bad. Putting the power back into the states hands, where it's supposed to be.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasSquatch

Main scream headlines make me angry, they make me want to axe things pillage and boil over into the abyss of no return.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

More Fake News, bring it on!

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

"Farmers and ranchers across this country are cheering," said Zippy Duvall, president of the American Farm Bureau Federation. He said the Obama rule was "a federal land grab designed to put a straitjacket on farming and private businesses across this nation."
op source
Until they personally become affected.

It's pretty bad as it is with regulations.

"US Cities Are Underreporting Heavy Metals in Their Water Supply"
Source
edit on 28-6-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
No, this was rescinding the over reach by the EPA for controlling what people were doing on there own lands, and nothing that was in the original clean water act. In fact the EPA under Obamas direction was try to control every water source not covered under the original act, and what you can or can not with your own land.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Good

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The cleaner the water you drink, the worse for your health. There's a good Chinese saying. Water too clean cannot have fish. Your immune system needs impurities to become strong.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Another half-ass article from a Progressive/BigMoney/DemocratSupporting Corporation.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

You don't get it. All these regulations are negatively impacting business' bottom line. Profits are being hurt. Corporations and big business don't need to be told what not to do by government. They've proven time and time again that they would NEVER do anything to harm the environment. All these regulations and restrictions prevent their ability to compete. China, India and the Eastern European countries don't suffer under these regulations and they have a competitive advantage as a result. And look at their water quality. Clean as can be.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Wasn't this the Obama directive that made it illegal to collect rainwater in your own backyard?

If it was the one, it seemed to be wildly over-invasive.

Anyway, it is not like the EO opens up for wild west rules, as far as I can tell it simply tells the agencies to once again align the rules with the 2006 supreme court ruling, that Obama ordered the agencies to disregard.

In his executive order, Trump instructed the agencies to redesign the rule in keeping with a 2006 opinion by the late conservative Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia. He interpreted federal jurisdiction narrowly, saying only "relatively permanent, standing or continuously flowing" waters or wetlands with a surface connection to navigable waterways are entitled to federal protection.

I know the article make it seem like it was just Scalia's opinion, but that is somewhat less than honest. It was an actual Supreme Court case, Scalia was only an associate justice, and it was a plurality opinion - a legal term describing the opinion most shared among the justices. In this case four of the justices.

edit on 28-6-2017 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

You are correct... but I doubt many will pay attention to the facts when they can instead tilt at the wind mills and fly into hysterics over their imagination...

Thanks for bringing the truth into the thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join