It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grenfell Tower surviors move Bad idea waiting to happen?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You do realise that you could save a substantial sum by cancelling your broadband, and instead making daily patrols around your local town centre, randomly shouting your fascinating opinions at passersby and scaring schoolchildren?

I recommend you give it a try. You might also spot some sinister foreigners, who you can then denounce to the authorities. Give it a reasonable trial period, say, two years or so. See how it goes. It would also be very good exercise, saving you money that you might otherwise have spent on gym membership.

edit on 29-6-2017 by audubon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

originally posted by: stormcell
Because someone could be claiming that relatives are missing in order to get compensation when in fact they are safe and well taking sanctuary in a mates spare bedroom. Counting bodies (or skeletons) is the only way they can get a realistic number.

If people are/were in the country illegally, there won't be any official record of them.

What an incredibly unpleasant set of assumptions. Seriously, really revolting.

The reason the death toll has risen so slowly is because it is normal protocol to first identify a corpse, then notify the next of kin, and only when the identity is settled beyond dispute is the death announced to the public. The reason that this is normal protocol is that public servants operate by an ethical code. Can you imagine how it would feel to learn of the death of a family member by reading about it on the front page of a newspaper, or seeing it on TV?

This is complicated by the fact that some people were reported missing presumed dead, but many people weren't even reported missing which has hampered identification. It is more than probable that the reason some people have not been reported missing is because their entire family burned to death at the same time, so there is no-one left to report their absence.

Firefighters know that the true death toll is higher than the 'official' number. Some of the stories they are telling friends and family are so horrendous that they make your stomach turn over. A number of local schools have noted the 'absence' of certain pupils but cannot tell their classmates anything. National journalists are well aware of the 'ballpark' final total, but there are ethical rules governing what they can and cannot report right now (n.b., no laws, just codes of practice).

There are other procedural complications: lack of dental records, incomplete electoral registration, outdated council tax accounts, and other missing tiles in the mosaic of information that is being assembled. The final death toll won't be announced till all lines of inquiry have been exhausted. I'm saying no more at this stage.

I have heard some of the stories; 42 people found in one room. Given the temperatures that were reached in that building, they were effectively cremated alive in front of the watching world.

But here is the type of crime that is going on:
www.independent.co.uk... .html

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well as far as I'm concerned, there is a massive lack of priority in this country. I'm seriously losing faith. I've had a very terrifying experience with the NHS this week which I will write a thread about if I can bring myself to do so.

This whole Grenfell incident is a massive conspiracy to clear out the British deplorables (yeah, I adopted it because it's fitting) from the 'up and coming areas of the rich.

David Icke calls them 'Capitols'. I think he coined the term from Orwell.

I agree with this. The country has a massive international debt which the authorities are desperate to pay off or at least keep under control. So the only way they can do this is to flog off whatever they can get their hands on. University places - sold off to international students, national parks - sold off to international investors. Premium properties in the heart of the capital city? Flogged off as soon as they can get rid of the riff-raff living there - that's everyone not an international millionaire. The property developers will scream "lassaiz-faire" if anyone tries any sort of regulation.

We had our own experience in the NE of the country. An international investor (a doctor/consultant) from abroad contacted an estate agent to buy a house in our street. He didn't care which house, but just close to the hospital. So he ended up with a terraced Victorian townhouse close to the end of the street. The next properties along were terraced apartments with doors on the main street. He asked us about them and was extremely upset to find out that "poor people were looking down on him". He actually contacted an architect to build apartments at the end of his garden and to put up a three story high "privacy wall" that would run all the way between them and his house. Never got planning permission.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

They buy property in bulk to deliberately manipulate the property markets to drive up prices. No one lives in these houses, they just use them as a cash cow.

How can they be using them as cash cows if they are untenanted and empty? How are they driving up prices. Only if places are tenanted and there is demand in an area will prices go up.

Seems to me you dont have a clue how the a modern Real Estate market works.

Now as for property that been brought in good faith by genuine investors , land lords or home owners they should be left alone and the government should keep there filthy hands off.

You would have a hard time defining good faith. We have confiscation laws in Australia called "proceeds of crime" so it seems Britain does as well. Whats the problem?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

They buy property in bulk to deliberately manipulate the property markets to drive up prices. No one lives in these houses, they just use them as a cash cow.

How can they be using them as cash cows if they are untenanted and empty? How are they driving up prices. Only if places are tenanted and there is demand in an area will prices go up.

Seems to me you dont have a clue how the a modern Real Estate market works.

Now as for property that been brought in good faith by genuine investors , land lords or home owners they should be left alone and the government should keep there filthy hands off.

You would have a hard time defining good faith. We have confiscation laws in Australia called "proceeds of crime" so it seems Britain does as well. Whats the problem?

en.wikipedia.org...

Supply and demand. UK has a housing shortage anyway.

Instead of putting money in a bank you buy real estate in london.

Doesnt matter if no one lives in the house or not, in fact better if people dont because it creates even more scarcity of housing artificially driving the prices up.

Its a long term investment.

You but the property for 1 million or so. And 10 years later sell it for 2 or 3 million.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
No kidding - but this is what you actually wrote that I responded to - see how silly that looked?

and BTW waiting 10 years for capital appreciation would not be considered a cash cow - cow being an animal you milk would describe a tenanted property where you get a weekly rent

crazyewok:

property's are owned by Saudi oil barons/princes and Russian oligarchs.
They buy property in bulk to deliberately manipulate the property markets to drive up prices. No one lives in these houses, they just use them as a cash cow. Thats not free market enterprise, its economic terrorism.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join