It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voter ID, are there any good arguments against it other than fraud?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: face23785

a reply to: Pyle

Why should it be free, because voting is a right?

What about owning a gun, that needs to be free too then right?

Yeah damn it, when do I get my free gun?

Because you dont get your gun from the government. You get your IDs from the government.

So if you need those to purchase a gun, the ID must be free, right? As well as any permits required?

The ID absolutely should be free for citizens. How many times do we have to say we are not against IDs we are against all the other BS that comes with Voter ID laws?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

The minorities in the states need ID just to walk down the street, I thought. Aren't they getting checked out by law enforcement a lot?

You do not need ID, and you do not need to show ID... So I'm not sure why people think this..

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
why don't you all go get a civics lesson, and go down to your county or city register of voters and see how they process the verification of legal voters. there is ongoing voter suppression in the southern states of the US, to keep minorities from voting....there has been case after case brought before federal courts that this is happening.....google is your friend

To keep minorities from voting! Really? For F sake, really?

One can look at the NAACP Defense Fund suits all you want (remember the word 'fund' means they need to justify their jobs to keep a job)...they show nothing but estimates.

I am on the Texas Coast, an hours drive to Louisiana, by boat 30 mins.

You can get picked-up for free (handicapped or not) to vote by a frigging van, at your house, and dropped-off at your house for FREE.

Churches in my area and Houston, TX. Provide free transportation to vote. And will pick you up at home and take you back.

But the voter ID is stopping the vote? Obviously civics lessons (we call them Political Science courses)...don't teach to think logically.

mg

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Were you demanding free ID's for getting a gun? Free background checks? I have no problem with free or paid .. my problem is the double standard where liberals are so concerned about one right being free because it's a right .. and then make another right as costly as possible.

Not saying YOU, but in general. I am fine with free, or paid, I just want consistency.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If you toss "racist" at Voter ID you're a damn retard... how on Earth is it racist?
I'm far left wing, and I'd be terrified to live in a system where voter ID wasn't a demand without excuse.

Basically, if you aren't able to get a voter ID, you are most likely not elligeble to live in the country, and if you aren't eligeble, you don't get to have a say on how the country is run.

How can people not see that???

The American election yet again again again, turned out to be a complete and utter JOKE, a DISGRACE to democracy.
Amongst the reasons was you guys allowing foreigners voting... what the hell is up with that!?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Were you demanding free ID's for getting a gun? Free background checks? I have no problem with free or paid .. my problem is the double standard where liberals are so concerned about one right being free because it's a right .. and then make another right as costly as possible.

Not saying YOU, but in general. I am fine with free, or paid, I just want consistency.

Um free IDs you could use to buy guns. The IDs would be used for EVERYTHING just like they are now. The difference is you dont get guns DIRECTLY from the government.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice
If you toss "racist" at Voter ID you're a damn retard... how on Earth is it racist?
I'm far left wing, and I'd be terrified to live in a system where voter ID wasn't a demand without excuse.

Basically, if you aren't able to get a voter ID, you are most likely not elligeble to live in the country, and if you aren't eligeble, you don't get to have a say on how the country is run.

How can people not see that???

The American election yet again again again, turned out to be a complete and utter JOKE, a DISGRACE to democracy.
Amongst the reasons was you guys allowing foreigners voting... what the hell is up with that!?

Having IDs to vote is not racist its all the other # that gets tacked on to disenfranchise specific populations that are the racist part.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Having IDs to vote is not racist its all the other # that gets tacked on to disenfranchise specific populations that are the racist part.

How does it disenfranchise specific populations? That is like saying SS card, driver license, passport, CC license, hunting fishing license, credit cards, military ID and so on do this too.

This is 2017 folks lol get out of the 50s...

edit on 2-7-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

How does it disenfranchise specific populations? That is like saying SS card, driver license, passport, CC license, hunting fishing license, credit cards, military ID and so on do this too.

Its not the IDs that disenfranchise its the other laws that are passed with them. Requiring documents that some older or poorer people never received. Limiting the open times on places that issue IDs. Having to Pay money to get req documents for IDs. This is the problem the left has.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Its not the IDs that disenfranchise its the other laws that are passed with them. Requiring documents that some older or poorer people never received. Limiting the open times on places that issue IDs. Having to Pay money to get req documents for IDs. This is the problem the left has.

Do you mean back up documentation?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
[/quote

Wow you really don't have a good view of black people do you. Do you really think we are that helpless??

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I found the video to be entertaining. But, it raises a few questions for me.

How many white people did he have to ask before he got enough of the responses HE wanted?

I say this as I have I have doubts that this video is truthful and accurate.

Given enough time, anyone could reproduce these same results.

IMO, I felt all of the black people interviewed in the video were sincere and a bit shocked of the subject matter.
and IMO, all the white people in the video are just stupid and/or misinformed.

It is just an attempt to stir the pot.

edit on 3-7-2017 by abago71 because: Added last line.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

Yes documentation that GOP has found is largely minority groups that support DNC dont have those documents so they make the req then make it harder to get them.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
[/quote

Wow you really don't have a good view of black people do you. Do you really think we are that helpless??

Rofl, Some people dont have the req documents. Some are born with out getting SSNs, others have had name chages that the state didnt update properly, Some dont have vehicles to go to where ever the new place is after the GOP shutdown the local place. If the issue was just to get IDs to people fine but its all this other things that are the problem.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

So much of this is leftist propaganda... I heard about the 90 year old that didn't have any documentation SHE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO VOTE!!! bull crap... really?

Provide it for free...

Normal business hours lol

The problem with the left is they do not want it period, so they will find ways to say it is all bad.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

No money, no documents, no transportation how do YOU people live?

The narrative of the left is this picture that they paint of a black 90 year old great great grandmother with no documentation to prove she is a citizen, and so will lose her right to vote. This is a straw man tactic if I ever saw one since once again the left sees no other options to get her a voter card, and I can think of 5 to 10 off the top of my head.

This is just like their painting the picture of (generic illegal alien) little José just trying to make a living here in America to see all his dream shattered as he is sent back to his likely death in Mexico. When in reality it is actually just human trafficking of the most vulnerable that we are talking about, and how that needs to stop. The Left just does not want to see things as they really are since the seem live in some alternate universe.

edit on 3-7-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join