It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elderly flight passenger throws coins into engine for ‘luck’, delays take-off for hours

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

So, when she goes on a road trip, for "good luck", she drops lighted matches in the gas tank, right ?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
So, if I'm ever there I can hold a sign that says "I'm having bad luck, please throw money" and people will throw money at me? Way better than "I cannot lie, I need a beer".

Perhaps it was this persons first time on a plane and they were a little scared.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
She should be arrested, fined and banned from flying.

I mean they ban people for insulting the flight crew. This woman could have crashed the plane killing people.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
If I was a pilot, I'd have the cabin crew bring on board a miniaturewishing well next to the cockpit door

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Wow, it's a good thing some passengers saw her doing that!

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Wow, it's a good thing some passengers saw her doing that!

No kidding. Imagine the investigation into a damaged engine if no coins were left inside. Head scratcher writing off as some other probable cause.
edit on 6/27/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Syphon
Do they still load passengers onto planes from the tarmac there? I don't see how any one, elderly or not, could get close enough to the engines to toss some coins in.

They load from the Tarmac here.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
What an idiot.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

A class I took in the military instructed us to use sugar.
It is easier to carry and doesn't rattle around inside.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Syphon
Do they still load passengers onto planes from the tarmac there? I don't see how any one, elderly or not, could get close enough to the engines to toss some coins in.

A lot of "cheap flights" airlines won't pay the airport for use of the jetway, so passengers are loaded from the tarmac. Doesn't matter what airport or country. If the airline doesn't want to pay extra for the use of the jetway / airbridge, they have to load from the tarmac.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join