It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last evening: A lost 2 year old...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: alphabetaone

I see your point and I agree to some point...

The thing is - I'm a woman - no child in tow - asking others to find a child who is lost.

And I fell on deaf ears and hearts...

peace

When you say that, it instantly brought back a recent Billy Meier YT document (a recent one) entitled: "Did they listen?"
I have my problems with Billy, but his analysis and predictions are kind of spot on with the state of our "compassion" in these times. I hope what he say's will not pass, as they are predictions (hate the word prophecy) , which we could change if taken SERIOUSLY... which is most likely the root cause.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Well, I was being hyperbolic on purpose, to be perfectly honest....the reason, simply to make a point. I think people have gotten burned too many times to actually want to go out of their way to be that good Samaritan that actually helps.

When faced with the prospect of either being accused of wrong doing or worse when just trying to help someone out, I cant say that I would necessarily blame another person for having those deaf ears.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Would I get involved in a search for a child I do not know? As a parent myself, absolutely not. Not because I don't care, but because of the stupid lawsuit obsession in this country. Unless it's a child I know in some manner, I will not risk potentially being dragged into court by strangers over something asinine ("You did this when you should have done that when you found Timmy! LAWSUIT TIME.") Or like the guy in FL, assaulted for doing the right thing.
Let's be blunt & not a wet noodle about the reality: It is not worth being a Good Samaritan anymore, too many people routinely get screwed into the ground trying. And you wonder why people go "No thanks"? Nobody wants to be punished for a good deed, and the guy in Florida shows exactly why nobody wants to run the risk.

You want more compassion in the US? You'll have it, after the sue-everyone-to-death-over-anything psychological addiction is broken. Until then, it's a calculated move for strangers.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
Is this how deeply we’ve been split and forced to take sides on religion, politics, sexual preferences we can’t even come together to help a lost child?

No, it's called 'some people suck'. Trust me, this world is better place with you in it.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
a reply to: StoutBroux
Because it is known for sure EVERYONE in the community is one partisan side?
Likely not, I'm in Western Washington too in a small rural area, there's a mixture of left and right here, but majority right. If someone pulls over to help me on the side of the road or someone decides to drive right by, it doesn't necessarily mean it has to do with political leaning.

I've lived in a conservative majority city before, guess what they honked and called me names even when it was clear I was broken down in the street. Yet in a rural conservative area people stopped in helped with a flat. Did I let that drive me insane that the sides are the cause? No, because you can't simply tell or judge from places each an every person on assumption.

Of course, not everyone is on the same partisan side. In small towns you DO know where most people stand politically, they aren't shy about vocalizing their support. Even small towns have city council meetings, election campaigns and they even vote on local and larger issues. It's quite easy to read the political persuasions of the majority in a small town.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
www.straitstimes.com... ium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10#link_time=1498700020

Stories like these probably have something to do with it. Everyones afraid to help eachother because of the sort of knee jerk bs featured in this story. It sucks but people just seem touchier and more crazy than ever before.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Having worked in search and rescue I can tell you there's a problem in having dozens or hundreds of people out looking. By the time trained professional trackers arrive at the PLS (Place last seen) the tracks of all the searchers will have obliterated the trail of the person they are searching for. In the majority of cases the person is found fairly close to home. Usually it is best to leave search and rescue to professionals unless they ask for help from the public. This eliminates repeated searching of areas while overlooking others.

It so happened that coming home from my youngest son's wedding we drove past 2 girls riding bikes with a van right behind them. Later that night we got a frantic call from my son saying they were looking for 2 young girls and as it turns out my wife and I were the only people known to have seen them. There was a great deal of concern about kidnapping when I told the police there was a van driving behind them. This was way out in the boonies mind you

I drove out to where we had last seen them and I found their bike tracks on the side of the road. I checked a fire road and found their tire tracks there and told police but they responded they had already searched there. Frustrated and unable to follow their trail due to disability I left. Turns out the 2 girls did indeed go down the fire road, abandoned their bikes and began walking towards what they thought was the house they were staying at (they were staying at a relative's home). Both were found early the next morning, tired and hungry and a little wiser. The police in their inexperience drove down the fire road I found their tracks on destroying their signs of passing. Had they simply got out and looked on foot they would have seen the tire tracks for themselves and found them much earlier.

It is a sad commentary on the lack of response by neighbors. Everyone with a truck in a 10 mile radius was out looking for these 2 little girls all night.
edit on 30-6-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
God I hate stories like this...haven't a clue who they are but once I see its an innocent child I cant get comfortable in fact, my blood pressure and heat rate went haywire just trying to skip and skim the op to get to the conclusion which thank God was a wonderful one, allowing me to breathe again (which I had forgotten to keep doing it seems) and reread the thing for real. I don't know how you parents do it. These are other peoples kids and I have the most haunting thoughts when I see them on bikes without helmets, out after dark under ten, on cell phones and the internet before they are 25...I honestly have wondered how I could ever let a kid of my own out of the house and even know the last thing I would do once they were 16 is help them prepare for the test they take for a license so they would miss those six answers you must miss to fail...evil huh? Well my kid in a car has got to be the scariest.

I know what you mean though. I tell people this often cuz I experience it every damn day it seems.no joke, "Excuse m..." "Please, go!" "e, do.....you...........uh........just wondered what time it...." and by that time they are fifty feet away and speed walking. My biggest complaint is people and especially the millennial generation are socialized improperly. It comes from the changes in the brain when communication happens where you aren't looking into a persons eyes, having their voice present and vibrating your eardrum, and there where you could reach over and touch your friend. Well, its just a guess but I do know the severe depression peoples brains can trigger simply when they go too long without hearing their own name or being acknowledged individually (and neglected children in bad homes and ignored or bullied at school can go a month and never be spoken to or addressed by name...its sad). These experiments are why teachers got in a fad of standing at the door, shaking hands, looking in each child's eyes, and saying, "I am glad you are here with us today, Billy."
edit on 7/1/2017 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat

God I hate stories like this...haven't a clue who they are but once I see its an innocent child I cant get comfortable in fact, my blood pressure and heat rate went haywire just trying to skip and skim the op to get to the conclusion which thank God was a wonderful one, allowing me to breathe again (which I had forgotten to keep doing it seems) and reread the thing for real.[/quote]
I didn't breath once I don't think while looking for the little one. I mean of course I did - but I sure can remember all those held breaths.

I don't know how you parents do it. These are other peoples kids and I have the most haunting thoughts when I see them on bikes without helmets, out after dark under ten, on cell phones and the internet before they are 25...I honestly have wondered how I could ever let a kid of my own out of the house and even know the last thing I would do once they were 16 is help them prepare for the test they take for a license so they would miss those six answers you must miss to fail...evil huh? Well my kid in a car has got to be the scariest.

Tell me about it. When my daughter turned 15 1/2 I thought I was going to have to go and get valium. I didn't, but holy heck it was tough!

I know what you mean though. I tell people this often cuz I experience it every damn day it seems.no joke, "Excuse m..." "Please, go!" "e, do.....you...........uh........just wondered what time it...." and by that time they are fifty feet away and speed walking. My biggest complaint is people and especially the millennial generation are socialized improperly.

That's for sure!!!

It comes from the changes in the brain when communication happens where you aren't looking into a persons eyes, having their voice present and vibrating your eardrum, and there where you could reach over and touch your friend. Well, its just a guess but I do know the severe depression peoples brains can trigger simply when they go too long without hearing their own name or being acknowledged individually (and neglected children in bad homes and ignored or bullied at school can go a month and never be spoken to or addressed by name...its sad). These experiments are why teachers got in a fad of standing at the door, shaking hands, looking in each child's eyes, and saying, "I am glad you are here with us today, Billy."

It's a sad place we've come to...

I'm glad there's still people like you around!
edit on 5502Saturday201713 by silo13 because: html fix

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join