It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last evening: A lost 2 year old...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

That apparent apathy is disturbing. And in a small town?

The point where society no longer functions to keep itself going is known as "first death." The customs and beliefs are not passed on; they atrophy and die. When that happens society is doomed.

At least in a mice population. How much transfers to humans, how much we can and how quickly we can change is the question. That is what we are discussing at the link in my signature.

Sad if that is what is happening. If this notice in a small town's response is a warning.

Glad everything resolved the way it did!

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Really? Dragging the left vs right thing into a thread about a missing child? Such a shame.

Here, before you go any further down the well worn "blame the liberals for all the worlds ills" road I'll help you out with the most basic of questions.
The one that you could have at least outwardly requested instead of trying to beat around the bush with questions like "are you living in WA or CA" (especially dubious given you already knew the answer) as if you weren't completely transparent.

OP - Is your local government Republican or Democrat? What political leanings do your neighbors have? It's vitally important to provide this sort of information in an OP so people know which side to blame when responding.

edit on 27-6-2017 by Syphon because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2017 by Syphon because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2017 by Syphon because: They say 3rd times a charm

edit on 27-6-2017 by Syphon because: Lysdexia is uot of contorl

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It probably over the last few decades has come from the "its better to do nothing, rather than do something and get into trouble". Lawyers and all their filth have ruined most peoples willingness to help as you could end up millions in debt for doing something while walking/driving past costs you nothing.

Now personally my child skills are low, only ever held a baby once and normally if I start to hear crying it makes my fists curl but I know that and make sure I'm not in a place where if theres a screaming brat I can get out and relax, If the was a kid lost in the area and a 2 year old aint going to go too far via foot power all i'd do is ring the police and keep an eye on the kid and unless they was about to do something super stupid leave it for them to handle.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

Really? Dragging the left vs. right thing into a thread about a missing child? Such a shame.

I brought it up in my original post in asking - is this how far the political (religious, social) divide has come in America - we no longer care for our neighbor‘s children?

This town is mostly liberal. I am not.

peace

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Syphon

Really? Dragging the left vs right thing into a thread about a missing child? Such a shame.

Here, before you go any further down the well worn "blame the liberals for all the worlds ills" road I'll help you out with the most basic of questions.

Sir or Madam- I MUST type.. The Republicans™ (GOP-Conservatives) CARE about fetuses.......

Until they are born , then You're on Your own...

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

Actually this article I read this morning and after last evening is what prompted me to host this thread.

Dad 'Wanted to Kill' Man Who Found His Lost Toddler

A Good Samaritan was branded a child predator and had his photo plastered across social media over the weekend, all because he tried to help a lost child. A man was visiting with friends at a softball game in Lakeland, Fla., on Saturday when he noticed a toddler looking lost, reports WFLA. Authorities say the man began walking with the 2-year-old girl, hoping she would point out her parents. But as the pair neared a playground, the girl's father suddenly appeared and was enraged. After a friend grabbed the girl, her father says he punched the stranger five or six times in the face, per WTSP. "I saw this man with my daughter in his hands walking toward the parking lot. What would you do?" he said to WFLA. "I wanted to kill him!"

Understandable to some extent...

Police say the girl's parents were clearly "shocked" and "scared." However, an investigation revealed the Good Samaritan was indeed trying to help, as at least one independent witness had seen him trying to locate the parents, police say. Officers also confirmed the man, who has two children of his own, was at the game visiting friends, who were off-duty police officers. But the girl's father says he doesn't buy the man's story. After the incident, the father's friends and relatives shared the stranger's photo, phone number, and business info on Facebook, labeling him a "child predator." The man, who declined to press charges related to the assault, tells NBC Miami he has left town with his family in fear.

How awful.

peace

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
People either just don't care or don't want to get involved, afraid someone will accuse them of something.
Reason # 7,462 why people suck.

Never let the fear for yourself, keep you from helping a child.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

The one that you could have at least outwardly requested instead of trying to beat around the bush with questions like "are you living in WA or CA" (especially dubious given you already knew the answer) as if you weren't completely transparent.

OP - Is your local government Republican or Democrat? What political leanings do your neighbors have? It's vitally important to provide this sort of information in an OP so people know which side to blame when responding.

This is not a liberal bashing thing, Liberals tend to want to create organizations to help people. It isn't a bad thing. It is just a different way of doing things. It works great if there is money to pay the people doing this. Some liberals do help out at things like the food banks though. I can't say every liberal does this, if there isn't enough money to do it they will help out.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: Justso

I've wanted to move for a long while.

Just surprises me. This is a ‘nice little town‘. Lots of churches. Parades. People greet each other by name in the stores and pharmacy. Well groomed cemeteries. A nice affordable bus system for ones who don't drive - small vans to go to the doctors or shopping. Pretty little trees along the roads and baskets of flowers hanging in the square. Lots of support for the local athletes. Bake sales. A barber shop.

Watching the demise of America is pretty tough.

Norman Ralkwell is spinning in his grave.

peace

Very sad to hear, hope he has been found safe.

It might be the whole freeze thing that said to be so prevalent up here. Being that part of it as well that people come up this way to be left alone when in smaller towns. Maybe be a combo of people all wrapped in their own bubbles, in a harsh reality of living paycheck to paycheck and not having time for anything else, that goes beyond partisan issues.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

a reply to: JimNasium

Sadly, where as I wouldn't have agreed with you even days ago wearing my 'rose colored glasses' - now, I do.

Fire. Fire. Fire.

Yep.

And even scarier? The woman who was comforting the mother when I headed back? She said 'You're going to have to get that boy chipped'. Holy sh!t.

Thanks for your service.

peace

And because I'm under the impression that those "On The Spectrum" are further evolved than the 'N.T.s' (Neuro Typical or 'Run of the mill") I wonder what lesson(s) the child was teaching His 'rents?

I understand TheVatican™ is on board w/chips so look for some kind of monetized system coming out of Rome; "They" already had Frank sign-off on it...

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Maxatoria

Actually this article I read this morning and after last evening is what prompted me to host this thread.

Dad 'Wanted to Kill' Man Who Found His Lost Toddler

A Good Samaritan was branded a child predator and had his photo plastered across social media over the weekend, all because he tried to help a lost child. A man was visiting with friends at a softball game in Lakeland, Fla., on Saturday when he noticed a toddler looking lost, reports WFLA. Authorities say the man began walking with the 2-year-old girl, hoping she would point out her parents. But as the pair neared a playground, the girl's father suddenly appeared and was enraged. After a friend grabbed the girl, her father says he punched the stranger five or six times in the face, per WTSP. "I saw this man with my daughter in his hands walking toward the parking lot. What would you do?" he said to WFLA. "I wanted to kill him!"

Understandable to some extent...

Police say the girl's parents were clearly "shocked" and "scared." However, an investigation revealed the Good Samaritan was indeed trying to help, as at least one independent witness had seen him trying to locate the parents, police say. Officers also confirmed the man, who has two children of his own, was at the game visiting friends, who were off-duty police officers. But the girl's father says he doesn't buy the man's story. After the incident, the father's friends and relatives shared the stranger's photo, phone number, and business info on Facebook, labeling him a "child predator." The man, who declined to press charges related to the assault, tells NBC Miami he has left town with his family in fear.

How awful.

peace

Yeah, I read that on Yahoo too. The guy had to leave town because people were threatening him on social media too, they treated him as a pedaphile. It is almost time to shut down social media, I see the end coming within a few years.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It's great you volunteered to help Silo... it's sad more people didn't have the compassion to help.

But try to understand and have compassion for the legal implications one may feel could happen,if they actually did find the boy, then were implicated in the crime.

It still shouldn't stop people from doing the right thing ... which is to help...but often good deeds do not go unpunished as you witnessed yourself .

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

So you are genuinely curious to know if only Republicans care about missing children? If so you need to give your head a shake. It looks to me then that you decided to attempt to use this incident to drag the other side through the mud. Good job. 50 internet points for you. You can trade them in for a stuffed elephant at the next GOP convention.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I agree I dont think it is necessarily a left right thing.

However, I am now going to go on and sound like a bigot.

I think its a wealth thing.

I live in an area where most people are poor. My wifes cousin something or other had their adopted kid go missing.

I bet within an hour we had 100 people looking. And the ones that weren't out were very gracious and well wishing.

I think being more tends to bring a community together.

Now thats not to say there aren't people more well off, and they were kind to. But most of them were at one point poor.

This community still relies on each other. I have seen people that can barely afford their monthly bills giving money top help a family whose house burned down. I have seen a town drunk who was tragically hit by a car and lost a leg get help from almost the entire community. People rely on deer meat here to get through the winter, and every year the community give meat to families that didn't get one.

If you need something, someone will help you out.

It my theory that if you rely on people on a daily basis, and help others out, people are bonded and more likely to come together in a tragedy.

edit on 27-6-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
double post - sorry
edit on 5334Tuesday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

It looks to me then that you decided to attempt to use this incident to drag the other side through the mud.

Do not attempt to presume with me sir. This has nothing to do with why I brought up this subject. To say so is your attempt at acting the spoon who stirs the sh!t pot and I'll not go there.

If a great ‘dividing’ has begun - it’s no fault of either party but those who’re doing their best to divide us all.

peace

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
There was time when everyone pulled together.
I truly wish I could take a large group of you back and let you see it in person.

If ya'll will hurry up and fix that time machine, we will meet up at the Savoy Grill, 219 W. 9th. K.C. Mo.
Beer's on me. ( 15 cents a tall glass )

Buck

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Not like that here, can I ask, what state this is in?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I know it's not an uncommon thing in the Midwest for entire communities to pull together to help the stricken after a tornado hits. That usually extends to small towns beyond the stricken, and larger communities. Generally, all the churches pull together and go pitch in.

Everyone knows it's a matter of time before they could need the help.

And that mentality permeates through a lot of things. I'll bet you would have found a search party in plenty of the smaller towns out here, but there are always going to be those that are poisoned communities too.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
How small is your neighborhood?

I don't know everyone in my town, but I know all of my neighbors by name, and they know me.

We have not had any missing children, but it is common for us to have to gather a posse to round up missing pigs, goats, horses, cows, even turkeys, you name it.

I am not fond of all of my neighbors and I am sure not all of them of fond of me, but we put that aside in a time of need. That is how I feel neighbors should be.

Maybe life has put a wall of isolation around your neighbors. Maybe you can break it down. When is the last time you had a neighborhood BBQ? Time to invite folks over.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join