It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The orbit of the Moon - a thought experiment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shadoefax

originally posted by: wmd_2008
Also proof the Earth in not flat, as flattards seem to be invading the internet just look at youtube and we have some on here as well.

Well, it would seem the "flattards" have an answer for that:

According to that video, when it's full moon in Europe, it's new moon in Africa. That's not really an answer.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Shadoefax

It's no joke these people really think the world is flat.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I wish Nasa wouldve attached rockets and spun that sucker around. I wanna see its booty for the first time.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBangWasAnEcho

Go to the LRO site and see the booty close up.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBangWasAnEcho
I wish Nasa wouldve attached rockets and spun that sucker around. I wanna see its booty for the first time.

Look

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008
a reply to: Shadoefax

It's no joke these people really think the world is flat.

I suppose it all depends on which dimension they see themselves living in, from our perspective as people the earth is pretty flat unless we have to up a hill or down into a valley etc, more so at the ocean because of course we are pretty close to the ground but even there they can still see the curve of the horizon on a clear day, when telescopes first came along for maritime use they could even see the sail's of ship's rising above the horizon before there hull's were visible, must of had some pretty good eye'sight up in those crows nests but I guess not reading book's and watching TV or computer screen's all day also helped even if there lives were pretty short and brutal for the most part.

But back to dimension, each person is the center of the universe as they perceive it.
There interpretation is based on AN interpretation of Biblical scripture or Koranic Writing's depending on there particular faith but is about a way or thinking, of seeing the universe, we may be more accurate technically but just maybe they have a better priority as individual's and seeing the earth in that way help's them to prioritize as they see correct.

Really though the earth is not round, just roundish, it is actually more a gnarly ball with dint's and protrusion's that is roughly semi spherical but hey who even said that the scripture was really referring to just the earth, maybe the earth it meant was the universe as an entirety and then we come to BRAIN Theory, the idea the universe is a membrane which also plays into string theory which is of course not so much a replacement for super gravity theory but a derivative and alternative to it, both those all encompassing theory's still have there strong point's in different area's indicating neither is really totally correct but hey maybe, just maybe the universe can actually NOT be modeled accurately in a mathematical theorem and maybe it does not want to be, is reality even a fixed function of the universe, is our dimensional state even a static one?.

It is easy to think of them as Yahoo's and gone with the fairy's but in truth they are often just as intelligent as anyone else.

But they CHOOSE to see it that way and I suppose they have the right to do so, and for them it is round so they live on a different planet that just happen's to intersect our reality('s).

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

You are so wrong about the Flattards the Earth is flat to them the Sun & Moon are about 40 miles acfoss and about 3000 miles from the surface.

That is just the start of the stupidity just have a look on youtube.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join