It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy! House wants even MORE defense spending.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Complete incompetence all the way down to the field level across our military. Fire them all and bring in commanding officers who are not politicians.

Commanding officers are politicians. When dealing with trillions of dollars to fund the military industrial complex, it takes a politician not a warrior. It's what happens when war becomes a business....

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

The U.S. would rather spend billions on military equipment to kill rather than save lives here at home. Most of our military expenditures go towards maintaining overseas bases, military occupations, and overseas conflicts. It's about time the U.S. focuses on protecting our homeland instead of constantly sticking our noses in foreign affairs. Let countries and their people solve their own problems in their own neighborhoods! We have enough domestic problems that need to be addressed here at home.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Were really on the brink folks...

Trump has given ALL POWER to the military

The US is provoking a war with Russia

The ME is getting crazier

Israel is provoking a war in Syria against Russia

The EU is breaking down

N Korea is still insane

And the US congress wants to starve and kill Americans through legislation, and arm the Army to the teeth--FOR WHAT?

Get your flashlight batteries ready

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

No you're just being illiterate. Obama is responsible for degrading our military so by 6 degrees of separation he is indirectly responsible for the decline in its leadership. Starts at the top and rolls down hill.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Oh wow. Another Obama apologist. Keep on making excuses for that worthless a$$hole. How quickly you have forgotten his weak foreign policy. Man you liberals are blatantly blind. Weak foreign policy made even weaker still by implementing yes men politicians at the highest levels of our military. Who in turn allowed the ongoing degradation of our military leadership across the board for 8 years.

edit on 28-6-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

No you're just being illiterate. Obama is responsible for degrading our military so by 6 degrees of separation he is indirectly responsible for the decline in its leadership. Starts at the top and rolls down hill.

You understand how it works, the others don't get it cause they don't want to get it.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

There may be a bigger terrorist problem than he's telling us. Tell me again, how much Obama put the USA in debt for?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
We need more "Offense" spending. There has to be a way to get Kim Jong without a lot of collateral damage.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

No sir. You're just being obstinate and trying to pick a fight. I was in Reagan's Marine Corps and I saw more than my share of incompetence. I also saw the downgrades...Hell in the late 1980's I was using 1950's gear. So don't tell me about degrading military. Soldiers and Marines do the job despite the equipment they are given.

Blaming Obama for something that happened under Trump's watch is ridiculous, just as blaming Bush for something that happened under Obama's watch is ridiculous.

As far as a downgrade, it doesn't matter...we still have the highest defense spending of any country. If we can't make cuts in the military to bring that down to a more manageable level, then there's some issues of management that need to be examined.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Hard to do much when your planes can't fly.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

The Marines have always had ancient gear. I served through the 90's and 2000's and every time we trained with the Marines their gear was ancient so not sure what your point is with that example. The Marines always joked to us it was because they were considered a department of the Navy and didn't get much in the way of budget. You served during a time when the US had not had any major long term sustained conflicts since the Vietnam War. Training changed dramatically after the 1st Gulf War and has been ever evolving since then. Maybe you ETS'd out before then but my point is the US military trains with much newer and better equipment that at anytime we have in prior history.

The current military chain of command was not just put into place since Trump took office. Obama was a complete and absolute idiot when it came to the military leadership. The Russians slapped Obama on a regular basis with regards to his failed nuclear weapons policy. Do some due diligence for yourself. There is plenty of material on how badly he failed in just that one single arena. Don't even get me started on his massive fail with his Iran deal.

Those failed policies are a reflection of the command that was put into place by Obamaites throughout an 8 year period. Do you actually think the generals Obama had on his staff were going to be ones who advised him to the contrary of his foreign policy? Many, many legitimate commanding officers who were not politicians were passed over in favor of the yes men. Jesus, we had our Navy soldiers with their hands up at gunpoint by a terrorist country and Obama didn't do a damn thing. How much fear do you think Obama instilled in those countries who sought to exploit the spineless Obama?

Yeah...I 100% blame Obama.

So 100% I am dead on about the issues we are seeing today are a direct result of 8 years of Obama having no spine when it came to foreign policy. It will take years to right that ship. Obama laid the ground work for women in combat, gays, transgenders, and Muslims actively having a voice of opposition in the US military. Those nuances, while seemingly small, will have major impacts on how a command is put into place. Now our commanders will have to be overly sensitive to the nuances of these changes. Where before a soldier's mission was black and white and much more easily executable.

However, Trump needs to own this area and look at the command structure instead of just throwing more money into the pot. With that being said, Trump has given his generals the latitude and lieu to put the right command in place. Time will tell.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join