It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, the Obamas are in Bali this week. How'd they get so rich, again?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The Obamas were known for their frequent vacations while in office, to places like Hawaii and the French Riviera. Since leaving office, they've seemingly spent most of their time on vacation, and not at the Motel 6 near Disneyworld, but at places like Marlon Brando's island in the South Pacific, Richard Branson's private island in the British Virgin Islands (which costs $80,000/night), and a privately-owned medival Italian village.

Obamas under fire from the left for never ending, sizzling ultra-luxury vacations

Where did all this money come from? Obama came from a middle-class background. He started as a "community organizer", and after graduating from law school was a professor for a time, before he entered politics. Michelle, from what I can gather from her Wikipedia page, came from a modest background, and was a lawyer for a time before Barak entered politics. I'm sure they've done alright for themselves financially, but I don't see how they can afford to be living what appears to be the life of a billionaire playboy/playgirl. Am I missing something significant, or should we be looking for sources of unreported income with the Obamas?
edit on 27-6-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Obama toed the line for the globalists and other private interest groups... for that, you get rewarded handsomely.

When you do as you're told and you further the agendas of elite powerbrokers, you can easily collect on those favors without raising any eyebrows. Just like the Clintons or the Bushes ... you do as you're told and you'll get those deposits right into your account!

edit on 27-6-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Ex-President of the USA and family on vacation. Shocking.

Slow news day?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Boy you sure weren't paying much attention over the last decade, were ya?

Law professor - $85,000 a year
Public office - $3.7 million over several years
Book deals - over 14 million dollars

There's been entire articles written about how he made his money, and that's not even getting into speaker's fees and whatnot.
Forbes even has a neat little chart for you

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Wonder how many of these places don't extradite back to the US 😆. O is on the run lol.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well 80K a night if you spend a few weeks is a decent chunk of a million. IF that's what you're doing daily, for a year, in just 100 days you already spent 8 Million, and if that night is per person and it's a family a fair, in a month or two that book deal is consumed..

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

That presumes that Obama is paying full price for any of these trips, if he's paying at all. At least two or three of his "excursions" have been to property owned by buddies of his. I can't imagine they charged Barry full retail.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Reagan is still worth 13-25 million.

How do you think these families get all that precious money?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Here let me google that for you.

lmgtfy.com...

Very easy to find out how he earned his wealth actually.

OBTW famous people get to stay at some of those places for free in exchange for speeches, diners or meet and greets.

A little research goes a long way.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
When will this obsession with Obama stop. It's almost as if this anticult is so addicted to a masturbatory fetish centered on Obama, will somehow enhance the conservative agenda.

edit on 27-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Boy you sure weren't paying much attention over the last decade, were ya?

Law professor - $85,000 a year
Public office - $3.7 million over several years
Book deals - over 14 million dollars

There's been entire articles written about how he made his money, and that's not even getting into speaker's fees and whatnot.
Forbes even has a neat little chart for you

I doubt the man is paying for much right now. I mean, he is friggin Obama. It's worth the PR for ANY business to comp the family.

But, how the hell do you make 3.7mill in just, what 10yrs in public office??

Man, I'm in the wrong field.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
If they would only take the Clintons with them.... win-win..... Frankly were content their just gone, they were like those house guests that had worn out their welcome...you just couldn't get to leave.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Obama is lining up a place to live when the truth hits the fan . Someplace he has lived before. Somewhere he cant be extradited from...
Indonesia

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
sell a lot of books and make a lot of friends

when your #in buddy owns the 80k a night place youre not paying that #
its on the arm

never thought of that though huh

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Evil pays....and keeps on paying. He's getting paid for his role in doing exactly what he was told as president and after by TPTB and he likes it just fine. He knows he has no country or morality to spoil his soul.

And he will keep on spewing and smiling til he dies-and they'll decide when that will be. Until then-he's a useful tool.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Simple, they are freeloaders and always have been. I'll bet there are some outstanding college loans that are hidden.

new topics

top topics

join