It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Active Shooter at Alabama Military Installation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: truthwilout

I just question how it got blown SO out of proportion. I am very thankful for the fast and heavy response though. But, what in the world happened with the news today? I mean, it was crazy rumors flying. Going over some of my family and friends FB posts, (I've had to play catch up) it was and still is confusing on base. I think the media really dropped the ball on this one.

Apparently there was video of a woman waving a gun posted to the Redstone FB page. It has since been deleted. She is supposedly the one that caused the commotion and is (rightly so) facing jail time and loss of her job.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

It wasn't the media in this case
The media was professional and awkward;
Lack of teleprompters showed a lot of "Burtation"

The drill/no drill and the official response
And nothing to show for it

Drill/No drill

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
First I have heard of the video posted on the FB page. Did hear possible woman with a gun making threats bit. Any further info or links on the woman or her arrest yet?

edit on 27-6-2017 by truthwilout because: Grammar edit

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: truthwilout

Wish I could find it! My Google fu isn't working today. Been trying every thing I can think of. I had 2 friends claim they saw it on there though. I, unfortunately, came late to the game and missed all the good stuff. If anyone finds it, please post it!

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around today. A lot of things aren't making sense....

Two 911 calls that started the whole mess. OK, I can visualize one guy looking for jollies and making a call. It's stoopid, but it happens. Two? The response indicated they were considered legitimate at first, so I'm assuming it wasn't the same person both times, but both in the vicinity of the Sparkman Center. So, two people wanting to get their jollies together, sneaking around a top-secret military installation? I guess it's possible...

The video, which I am assuming was real due to the multiple reports I heard and the official mention of a woman shooter, is over the top. Who does that? The police have a video of her now... where's she gonna hide? Not anywhere near Huntsville; that's for sure. Folks around here, this far from Huntsville, are talking about skinning someone alive for this.

Facebook can be accessed anywhere there is a computer or smart phone. Could the video have been uploaded from somewhere else?

Two separate reports from Brown's Ferry nuclear plant close by. The first, of a "suspicious person" on the site by a deputy, later my wife heard one about someone taking pictures of the plant.

And finally, another threat called in to a nearby daycare center. It barely got a blurb on the local news.

Now, everyone forgive me, but the conspiracist is gonna be showing in the rest of this post...

When I drove a truck, I was a member of a program called Citizen's Watch (or something like that, been a while). In it, we were told to look for casing activity, because terrorists typically cased their targets. A grown man might try to board a school bus unarmed, for instance, to see what the response would be. He's not in any real danger because he just tried to board a bus and didn't hurt anyone, but he learns how to effectively board a school bus and next time might do so armed.

Anyone see where I'm going with this?

Suppose, just suppose, two people sneak into the Sparkman Center, or just get on the grounds. It's not far from the Visitor's Center. They call in a shooter alert and sneak back out. The police respond with force and find nothing. Then a pre-recorded video of the woman is uploaded to Facebook. Now we have mass confusion among responders. Where is this woman? Who is this woman? Why didn't we know who she was sooner?

Every fool with a badge is on Redstone Arsenal, trying to sort out a maze of misinformation. If anyone is left, they're at the daycare center making sure it's secure. And over yonder at the nuclear plant, someone was taking pictures...

So a week, month, year from now a group sneaks from the Visitor Center to the Sparkman Center, and actually start shooting. The police respond, in force. More false threats are called in to soft targets in the area. While all this is going on, a group breaks into the local nuclear plant... oh, crap. Who's left to stop them? Rent-a-cops with no backup?

That makes sense. Two fake 911 calls and a video of a non-existent shooter for yucks just doesn't.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You... get outta my head!

You summed up pretty much what I have been thinking. I think I'll look into response teams for RA and Browns Ferry. They are in 2 different counties. Maybe they would have better chances that way?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815

You... get outta my head!

You summed up pretty much what I have been thinking. I think I'll look into response teams for RA and Browns Ferry. They are in 2 different counties. Maybe they would have better chances that way?

And now there's this...

Federal authorities were investigating a breach into computer systems of at least one U.S. nuclear power plant, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.

abcnews.go.com...

Plot thickens

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

The only problem I have with that is this:

...sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.
Source: abcnews.go.com...

No mention of even which plant was being discussed, either.

I worked on the Bellefonte Nuclear Plant back in the 1980s... so far as I know, there is no network connection to the control systems, specifically because of security concerns. If someone were to gain access to the control room with sufficient knowledge, however, that someone could conceivably cause a meltdown and radiation release... not to mention a major power outage in this area. I do know for a fact that Bown's Ferry is the only reliable power source around here. We were at one time using Widow's Creek Steam Plant as a backup, but it has been decommissioned and sold.

I found this all out back in 2011 with the tornados. I have a few friends still in the local power company. The next closest power source is Guntersville Dam, and they can barely cover their own needs.

I also know nuclear plants have their own security forces, but I'm wondering just how much those forces rely on local backup. My information on the nuclear plants is a bit dated, so if anyone has any updated information, please share.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Hahaha, glad to see I'm not alone in thinking along those lines.

I think (correct me if I'm wrong) Brown's Ferry is in Lawrence County. That's not exactly a thriving metropolis area like Madison County. The nearest police departments would be Athens and Decatur... Athens is pretty small and not really equipped to handle something that major, and Decatur... let's just say after living there for ten years, I wouldn't trust a Decatur cop to go head to head and beat Barney Fife.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Limestone County, I think. Not that that is any better. Braney Fife for sure! I love Athens, won't step foot in Decatur. I travel Highway 251 everyday and have to see the blue evac signs as a steady reminder that I'm a heartbeat away from disaster. Between Redstone and Browns Ferry, Huntsville is a pretty target for anyone with ill intentions!

I think I might actually miss Nashville today. I'd rather deal with egos of big stars than this crap.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Come to think of it, I think you're right: Limestone is south of Lawrence, right? I tend to get those two mixed up, because they're so similar. Both very rural.

My next thought is, while Redstone has its own emergency power, I'm sure, I wonder how secure it is? If that power backup could be taken out first, quietly, then Brown's Ferry dropped off-line, that would pretty much be chaos across the entire North Alabama area. The authorities would be at a severe disadvantage.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join