It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Death of The Left's Religion and The 5 Stages of Grief

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

I've always thought the Mud Pit was anathema to ATS. Unfortunately it seems like it's not going anywhere.

An End to the Mud Pit?

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: Xcalibur254

ATS, like every other entity that seeks to exist in 2016, has to accommodate ALL those who come through its virtual doors with the good intentions of discussing current events, sharing ideas, collaborating, and passing on knowledge. We have learned over these past decades that the best way to accommodate those who seek to sling political mud is to allow them one secluded spot in which to do so.

The payoff I don't think you're seeing is that many of those same members create interesting and poly-topical content in the other areas of the site. It's actually a win-win.

With regard to the "standards" you bring up, the standards are as dynamic as human interactions are, they have to be. That's why we have varying degrees of standards enforcement in varying forums.

That said, what is not dynamic or variable is the TAC. The TAC is bedrock that has allowed ATS to thrive all these years, it is only so flexible as needed to allow things like the pit to exist. But even in the pit the TAC rule supreme.

edit on 6/27/2017 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I think it is even more desperate hanging on to a narrative with zero evidence, even in the face of damning evidence to the contrary.

Keep hanging on to those ongoing investigations though.

link   

originally posted by: six67seven

originally posted by: underwerks

I wonder if the 5 different investigations into the Trump campaign got the message that a CNN producer said it may not be real?

What does CNN have to do with this?

Are you saying there is evidence of the left's "religion" aka Trump/Russia collusion?? Please share links!

Not at all. Just that it's laughable that Trump supporters believe some off hand remarks by a CNN producer mean the whole investigation is made up.

Never mind the actual ongoing investigations.

It's really a sign of how desperate Trump supporters are that they latch onto this as proof of anything.

LOL...
speaking of 'latching' and 'desperate'

me-o-my... step 1... denial/deflection

How is it deflection when the whole premise of your OP is based on the false idea that the Russian Investigations have exploded?

Anti-Trumpers only have fallen in the mind of Trump supporters. Out here in the real world, the investigations are still grinding along, and Trump is in just as much if not more danger.

link   

Thank God for free will, am I right?

One doesn't have to visit the mud-pit, let alone post within it.

No one is forcing anything onto anyone.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I think it is even more desperate hanging on to a narrative with zero evidence, even in the face of damning evidence to the contrary.

Keep hanging on to those ongoing investigations though.

Please show me this damning evidence.

You know who project veritas is, right?

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

You're right, the producer at CNN blatantly admitting it is not damning enough evidence.

But I'll put that up against every piece of evidence you have.

Oh wait.

ETA. No literally, keep waiting. Lol
edit on 27-6-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I wonder if the 5 different investigations into the Trump campaign got the message that a CNN producer said it may not be real?

Are you saying there is evidence of the left's "religion" aka Trump/Russia collusion?? Please share links!

Not at all. Just that it's laughable that Trump supporters believe some off hand remarks by a CNN producer mean the whole investigation is made up.

It's really a sign of how desperate Trump supporters are that they latch onto this as proof of anything.

LOL...

How is it deflection when the whole premise of your OP is based on the false idea that the Russian Investigations have exploded?

Anti-Trumpers only have fallen in the mind of Trump supporters. Out here in the real world, the investigations are still grinding along, and Trump is in just as much if not more danger.

Exploded? More like imploded.

and grinding along is something i can agree with. grinding, as a negative, as in - there ain't no lube

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Thank God for free will, am I right?

One doesn't have to visit the mud-pit, let alone post within it.

No one is forcing anything onto anyone.

Yes, thank goodness you were able to bold key words and go over the 5 stages of grief. The bar has been raised at ATS with this/sarcasm

Nothing was contributed by this or any other left or right wing attack on the other. Maybe both 'sides' will see that one day. until then, youre just playing their game.

That free will goes both ways though, eh? Im just as allowed to come in here and ridicule this drivel as much as you're allowed to post it.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

No. I will be as I have been. Those who are normal and were just trying to do what they thought was wright can expect me to treat it all like it never happened. 100%.

The rest can eat crow. They havent been gracious and certain lines were crossed. That needs to never happen again so at this point what is sacred takes the cake. They get no sanctuary with me.

No mercy. Change or go away. We will never accept this level of lies and malice as part of our reality ever again.

To everyone who knew and pushed the lie, dont ever do this crap again. Everything has happened a little worse thanks to this.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

You're right, the producer at CNN blatantly admitting it is not damning enough evidence.

But I'll put that up against every piece of evidence you have.

Oh wait.

Even in the heavily edited free of context type of video that project veritas is famous for, the CNN producer says it "could be BS".

Not that it is.

It's just kind of funny to me that Trump supporters such as yourself are so desperate for a "win" amongst everything that's happening that they'll take a CNN producers opinion as gospel as long as it goes along with what they want to think.

Because a CNN producer who isn't involved in the investigations at all is the final authority on those investigations.

Umm, yeah.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

LOL...

Exploded? More like imploded.

and grinding along is something i can agree with. grinding, as a negative, as in - there ain't no lube

Today looks the same as the last 6 months.

What's changed?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
If we continue to gloat over this. We are no better then they were. We are all Americans and I don't know about you. But take a look around. We got a lot of work to do.
edit on 27-6-2017 by ConscienceZombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

If you think I need any type of validation or vindication, you are sadly mistaken.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie
If we continue to gloat over this. We are no better then they were. We are all Americans and I don't know about you. But take a look around. We got a lot of work to do. So butt up or shut up.

I'm genuinely curious. What is there to gloat over?

In the tapes he says it could be BS, not that it is. And how is one CNN producers opinion who isn't connected to the investigations at all the final word on the Russian investigations?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

The very thing the left had so much faith in to bring down Trump (via impeachment) has not only crumbled before their very eyes - it turns out it was completely made up - completely false.

Ironic, that you should accuse others of spreading falsehood, while positing one yourself. There is absolutely no proof that the problematic nature of the Presidents business dealings was a made up problem. None whatsoever. Propagandists, yourself included, have been peddling this drastic line of BS ever since the issue ever came up, but not a one of you has ever included any form of back up to your dismissal, only more shady rebuttals with no substance.

The amount of faith they had (as evidenced by the reaction [including internet posts] over the last year or so) in Trump/Russian collusion (fostered by the media), IMO, is borderline religious. The force was strong with them.

Rubbish. The thing that made them concerned about Russian collusion, is the fact of the business that Mr Trump did, and the people he did it with as a private entity, which, whether you accept it or not, in your faux patriotic fervour to be accepting of your new dictator, IS a genuine concern to anyone who values freedom and liberty to an appropriate degree, and believes that American citizens should live under a President who only has the citizen, and not the corporate powers of the world, in mind when he makes decisions. That used to include many right wing voters... Not so much, so it seems from the recent surge in far right dogma, ploughing out of the American sector of this site and indeed much of the rest of the internet.

It consumed them (and took over ATS as the main narrative). You couldn't shake them of it, even with NO evidence. In religion, this is called blind faith and it is essential to any believer. This is evidenced today, by many on the left, still refusing to see the light.

More cognitive dissonance? Really? In case you had not noticed, this site has taken a trip to the hard right, in terms of the massive preponderance of the posts made and threads authored, since the election of His Imperial Lack of Majesty, Trump. With regard to seeing the light, I do not think that placing faith in a world leader who does not know the actual location of his warfleets, and does not find himself able to reliably state, in an accurate fashion, which country he has most recently had the living hell bombed out of, can reasonably be said to be "Seeing the light". It is more like "Allowing the wool to be tightened around ones eyes, to a degree hitherto unthinkable". I am sure I recall a time when members of the politically right wing persuasion, had just a little bit more intellectual honesty than is on display so far in this post, and indeed, in much of the overtly right biased dogma being spouted on this site of late.
I am not at all surprised, but very sad to see that this turned out to be a front, for what is clearly a desire to be led, rather than to lead themselves. Rather pathetic, if you ask me.

Many have ATS-threaded about what the left will do next - how will they re-identify themselves? - where do they go from here? & so on & so on.

Although winning never gets old, we must be mindful of our opponents' fragility during this sensitive time.

What you must be mindful of, is the behaviour of your President and your government, toward the ordinary citizen, the regular, hardworking joe in the street, the low level people, not the middle class (who can look after themselves) or the upper class (who could look after everyone, but choose not to more often than not), but the lowest paid and hardest working people in the country, because these people, not the capitalist tycoons and the government bigwigs, are the ones who are the backbone of your country. If they suffer, as they surely will as a result of lack of access to healthcare, insurance for the same, and other basic provisions that Trump will systematically destroy over the course of his Presidency, then everyone in your country will suffer as a result. And if you allow it, then you SHOULD suffer, and I hope you do. Maybe it will teach you the humility that Trump and his supporters lack, remove that lie of self reliance and self made status, which people allow themselves to be fooled into.

They will continue to hang on to the pieces of their once (ok, never) solid religion. The media talking heads (their priests) borderline brainwashed their sheep with 24/7 gospel. Some will never be saved - they will be lost forever, and may turn to rage and revenge. These potentially dangerous (to themselves and others) individuals will need the most help over the coming years - you can probably name several off the top of your head here on ATS.

With the death of anyone's religion, you'll see them go through grief as they try to cope with the pain, the loss, the uncertainty, the hard questions, their new reality without said [b[religion. We have to wait for them to hit bottom before they arise again.

The hard-line lefties, the believers, are currently experiencing The 5 Stages of Grief:
1. Denial and isolation
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

Not all will go through each stage or in the order as seen above, but grief is unavoidable.

At this very moment, you can visit most threads and smell the desperation and denial, as they grasp at something that was once right in front of them, which is now just air. It happens to the best of us - do not take their lashing out personally - it is just part of their grieving process.

Remember to show compassion, and when the timing is right, take a lost soul under your wing. Show them how to win again, show them the importance of evidence and justice and liberty. Divert their focus away from the negative.

Show them the importance of evidence? Great idea. Show them how the people set to be worst affected by Trump are the working class, how those who stand to gain the most already have the most, precisely because people like the President do not create wealth for anyone except themselves. Show them the evidence that their President does not properly pay his contractors, does not conduct business fairly, uses the sort of legal loopholes to avoid prosecution and fines, that we spent the last decade being disgusted by when others did it, but are for some reason now all the bloody rage. And show them the importance of Justice by all means. How about justice for those who will no longer be able to afford insurance, or be able to access it? How about justice for those who fall victim to the pernicious and regressive attitudes of Mr Jeff Sessions, which will increase the private prison population without a doubt, as a profit driven exercise. While you are at it, teach them of liberty, while you continue to lock people up for possessing or smoking plant matter, very often in their own homes no less. You have no moral platform to suggest any such thing, because you are advocating for a system led by those who oppose freedom, justice and liberty.

Enjoy the lie while you still believe it.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
And another one of those hate-threads ATS is so full of already.
Do you wonder why the best posters went and didn't look back?

@mods, do you even care?

So says the member in--------- Germany
And as far as your last remark...this is exactly the stuff ATS is about.
I see no hate....I guess because I am a US citizen
I see truth and in a way - satire
And if I dont like a topic of a thread , I dont go there
Perhaps you should follow the same reasoning.
Or not . I personally dont give a rat's a**

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

If you think I need any type of validation or vindication, you are sadly mistaken.

From your posting history, I doubt you need any of those, along with any real evidence either.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

That's fine. I say to each his/her own.

That's not how the left sees it.. to them, it's 'believe what I believe or you're a racist...bigot...homophobe...'

Although, of course I agree we shouldn't accept the level of lies and malice - respect!

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
People seem to forget that politics go in cycles, i can remember the reagan era where the left was supposed to have been defeated for good, its just recycling ra ra my team is da best.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Yea forgive me for not needing the smoking gun to something already obvious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join