It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Death of The Left's Religion and The 5 Stages of Grief

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The very thing the left had so much faith in to bring down Trump (via impeachment) has not only crumbled before their very eyes - it turns out it was completely made up - completely false.

The amount of faith they had (as evidenced by the reaction [including internet posts] over the last year or so) in Trump/Russian collusion (fostered by the media), IMO, is borderline religious. The force was strong with them.

It consumed them (and took over ATS as the main narrative). You couldn't shake them of it, even with NO evidence. In religion, this is called blind faith and it is essential to any believer. This is evidenced today, by many on the left, still refusing to see the light.

Many have ATS-threaded about what the left will do next - how will they re-identify themselves? - where do they go from here? & so on & so on.

Although winning never gets old, we must be mindful of our opponents' fragility during this sensitive time.

They will continue to hang on to the pieces of their once (ok, never) solid religion. The media talking heads (their priests) borderline brainwashed their sheep with 24/7 gospel. Some will never be saved - they will be lost forever, and may turn to rage and revenge. These potentially dangerous (to themselves and others) individuals will need the most help over the coming years - you can probably name several off the top of your head here on ATS.

With the death of anyone's religion, you'll see them go through grief as they try to cope with the pain, the loss, the uncertainty, the hard questions, their new reality without said [b[religion. We have to wait for them to hit bottom before they arise again.

The hard-line lefties, the believers, are currently experiencing The 5 Stages of Grief:
1. Denial and isolation
2. Anger
3. Bargaining
4. Depression
5. Acceptance

Not all will go through each stage or in the order as seen above, but grief is unavoidable.

At this very moment, you can visit most threads and smell the desperation and denial, as they grasp at something that was once right in front of them, which is now just air. It happens to the best of us - do not take their lashing out personally - it is just part of their grieving process.

Remember to show compassion, and when the timing is right, take a lost soul under your wing. Show them how to win again, show them the importance of evidence and justice and liberty. Divert their focus away from the negative.

Retrain their focus on the True Light - AMERICA. Make America Great Again

Disclaimer - this is the Political Mud-Pit

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

I have a feeling the hardcore Left will never truly get to Stage 5, "Acceptance". It's going to be a long 4 ( to 8?) years I think.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
And another one of those hate-threads ATS is so full of already.
Do you wonder why the best posters went and didn't look back?

@mods, do you even care?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This is some grade A holier-than-thou bollocks if ever I've read any.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Sweet. Another "downfall of the left" thread. This makes like....4 in the last few days.

Very original, much thought, so provocative

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

I can see how some of the content in the OP might upset people who subscribe to "leftist" beliefs or who are staunch Anti-Trump, but I wouldn't call this a "hate thread" by any means.

Remember to show compassion...
Divert their focus away from the negative.

Lefts versus rights, it's really just everyone being so disconnected with one another when we should all be trying to wade through these waters together. It's unfortunate and I also take responsibility for anything I've said that perpetuated the false left-right paradigm. But OP does have some good points.

The concept of blind faith could of course be applied to both the left and the right, but in the case of Trump and the many continued allegations, many people were gung-ho about impeachment and collusion as they were spoon fed these stories from lying news organizations, and they took it to be true. The same could have (and has in the past) happened with topics/issues the right is against or is for, but in this case we're not talking about that. We're talking about Fake News (*cough cough CNN), and how the "cat is now out of the bag" in regard to collusion.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I wonder if the 5 different investigations into the Trump campaign got the message that a CNN producer said it may not be real?

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
This is some grade A holier-than-thou bollocks if ever I've read any.

Something the lefties on this site never do....

I'm sure you informed them as such as well!

Please tell me where the content is wrong... in your opinion, of course.

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
And another one of those hate-threads ATS is so full of already.

Hate?!?!? Show me!
This is the mud-pit, but if anything I encourage compassion with sarcastic undertones (but sarcasm is 2nd nature to me)

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Sweet. Another "downfall of the left" thread. This makes like....4 in the last few days.

As is your post

Glad someone over there can still count to 4.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I wonder if the 5 different investigations into the Trump campaign got the message that a CNN producer said it may not be real?

What does CNN have to do with this?

Are you saying there is evidence of the left's "religion" aka Trump/Russia collusion?? Please share links!

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Sure thing...

These potentially dangerous (to themselves and others) individuals will need the most help over the coming years - you can probably name several off the top of your head here on ATS

I put it to you that you cannot name one person from ATS that is a danger to themselves and others over this fiasco.

Therein lies the "wrong content".

Shall I address more of this superiority complex of yours?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Sure thing...

These potentially dangerous (to themselves and others) individuals will need the most help over the coming years - you can probably name several off the top of your head here on ATS

I put it to you that you cannot name one person from ATS that is a danger to themselves and others over this fiasco.

Therein lies the "wrong content".

Shall I address more of this superiority complex of yours?

Therein lies the issue ...

You skipped over the word "potentially".

It's ok.

You can address more if you'd like, but this thread is more about the death of the left's 'religion' and the grief they are currently experiencing...
..again which is posted in the mud-pit, which makes ALL of this 'ok'

edit on 1414x6714America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

As is your post

It's always so adorable when somebody "over there" calls me a lefty. Just because I'm not a member of Stormfront like you doesn't make me a lefty.

All because I called your thread what it is: wash, rinse, repeat of any number of other threads posted over the last several days.

Sorry you're so easily triggered, champ. Kek

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Even if I kept "potentially" in the equation...

You still couldn't name one.

So where do we go from here?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The political mudpit is the death nail for ats. Left hate, right hate. All hate. I thought thats what 4chan and /the_donald were for.

Why am I here posting? Because I like looking via the recent tab. And its just one mudpit post after the other these days

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

When you want to trigger people you have to be more obscure.

I did this exact thing a while ago, but I guess it's relevant again.

Sorry for the plug.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

As is your post

It's always so adorable when somebody "over there" calls me a lefty. Just because I'm not a member of Stormfront like you doesn't make me a lefty.

All because I called your thread what it is: wash, rinse, repeat of any number of other threads posted over the last several days.

Sorry you're so easily triggered, champ. Kek

Well yes, you called my thread a 'downfall of the left' thread - agreed.

original - agreed.
of much thought - agreed.
and provocative - agreed.

triggered, sure chief... whatever you say.

Just for reference:

edit on 0719x6707America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Are you saying there is evidence of the left's "religion" aka Trump/Russia collusion?? Please share links!

Not at all. Just that it's laughable that Trump supporters believe some off hand remarks by a CNN producer mean the whole investigation is made up.

Never mind the actual ongoing investigations.

It's really a sign of how desperate Trump supporters are that they latch onto this as proof of anything.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

When you want to trigger people you have to be more obscure.

I did this exact thing a while ago, but I guess it's relevant again.

Sorry for the plug.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Double plug!

I think it's relevance will be long-lasting.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Not at all. Just that it's laughable that Trump supporters believe some off hand remarks by a CNN producer mean the whole investigation is made up.

Never mind the actual ongoing investigations.

It's really a sign of how desperate Trump supporters are that they latch onto this as proof of anything.

LOL...
speaking of 'latching' and 'desperate'

me-o-my... step 1... denial/deflection

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join