It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well That's What I Call A Narrow Escape.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: gusamaso

They say that laughter is the best medicine but if you ask me diamorphine has it beat by a mile.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Certainly reinforces the saying "keep calm and carry on"...

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: NowanKenubi
a reply to: intrptr

The windshield did crack when he was hit. He probably has a concussion from the hit, but it'll show in a day or two. Ouch.

Though I gotta admit I was hit like that by a Chevy van when I was 9. Was sent rolling in front of the truck as the driver hit the break. I ended up half under the truck with a boot 5 feet behind the truck and simply got up, sad thatmy coat got scratched, lol.
I always thought that what saved me was me changing direction just as the truck was to hit. Had I tried to escape it by keeping my direction, it would have hit me sideways and I would surely have been sent flying, broken in pieces.

I wrecked a muscle car at 90 mph, end over end twice, rolled five times, landed upside down.

No seatbelt, crawled out, walked away.

If you want my subjective opinion, I was 'spared'.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Lager is a drink for southern hemisphere fairies, that wouldn't last five minutes in Fore Street on a Friday Night.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

Lager is a drink for southern hemisphere fairies, that wouldn't last five minutes in Fore Street on a Friday Night.

Hence why a US brand lager is the most popular beer in Britain, makes sense
Anyway, enough of the pissing contest, rugby is not soccer, we are grateful you brought it to our shores.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Tell me your secret! I hit a gaurdrail going 85 mph, no flips or rolls, seatbelt on, and broke both my femurs and many more injuries. Had to be airlifted out of there.

edit on 28-6-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Savage. Brutally awesome.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

Hence why a US brand lager is the most popular beer in Britain, makes sense
Anyway, enough of the pissing contest, rugby is not soccer, we are grateful you brought it to our shores.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Isn't it Carling? For the shame of it.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9

Holy s**t

I want to know what kind of shop he was going to? He gets up and goes straight for it

I'm sure i read it was a pub. Funny thing is, if he was coming from the pub he probably wouldn't have spilt his pint.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Isn't it Carling? For the shame of it.

Budweiser so I read
At least it's not fosters

I miss Gary and Tony behaving badly

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I actually like Fosters - with a lemonade top on a hot summers day. I expect some stick for this.....

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype

Tell me your secret! I hit a gaurdrail going 85 mph, no flips or rolls, seatbelt on, and broke both my femurs and many more injuries. Had to be airlifted out of there.

Ouch.

No secrets here. Someone else in my car was ejected and died.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

what were you driving? he said muscle car, i take it he saying a 60's or 70's model. back then you could run over pines trees and keep on going. or roll them and pound the dents out and and drive it the next day.

crumple zones and seat belts may safe lives, but i can tell you stories from my teen and young adult years about people walking away in real steel cars that you wouldn't believe.

edit on 28-6-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Nope plenty of people like what we call a shandy
Nothing wrong with cutting the alcohol content either

Fosters isn't that bad, just not lots of flavour

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

So long as it's ice cold, it's all good imo. I do like my "Ice Cold in Alex" moments.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join