It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well That's What I Call A Narrow Escape.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
A chap in Reading UK has had a very lucky escape. He gets hit by a double deck bus and walks away basically unhurt.

The part i love is that once he picks himself up off the floor, he carries on into the shop where he looks like he was initially heading for.

Just goes to show how tough Englishmen are.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Holy s**t

I want to know what kind of shop he was going to? He gets up and goes straight for it

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Incredible!!!
What the hell was that bus driver doing? It looked like he was gunning directly for him.
I think the only thing that saved him was the bus pushed him forward and not sucked him under it.

edit on 27-6-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Probably didn't feel the cracked ribs and swollen joints until the adrenalin (or alcohol) wore off.

Are they downplaying this to lessen the settlement? After all, he 'appears' to be okay...

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

WOW!
Dude basically just "walks it off"
gets up and heads into the shop to pick up the dozen eggs his old lady sent him for.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Even if the man had not been on the street, that bus was going to crash. It hit the building.
Must have been running late on his route? He was going fast, too fast to negotiate the turn, by the looks of it.
edit on b000000302017-06-27T08:38:11-05:0008America/ChicagoTue, 27 Jun 2017 08:38:11 -0500800000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Love the way he just gets right up and swags into the shop like nothing happened

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
If he had have been playing English soccer then he would have called for an ambulance, possibly the royal flying doctors, laid on the ground holding his head and knees crying till he got awarded a free kick
If he had have been playing cricket, he would have been bowled for a duck

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Apparently it was the Purple Turtle bar he walked into. What a guy! - "Pint please love - you'll never guess what just happened to me..."

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Nuffin but a flesh wound guv !

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
'Ti's but a scratch!

But, seriously, he'll hurt like hell in the morning.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The windshield did crack when he was hit. He probably has a concussion from the hit, but it'll show in a day or two. Ouch.

Though I gotta admit I was hit like that by a Chevy van when I was 9. Was sent rolling in front of the truck as the driver hit the break. I ended up half under the truck with a boot 5 feet behind the truck and simply got up, sad thatmy coat got scratched, lol.
I always thought that what saved me was me changing direction just as the truck was to hit. Had I tried to escape it by keeping my direction, it would have hit me sideways and I would surely have been sent flying, broken in pieces.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

That guy must have bones like tank armour.

As for the bus, there are suggestions that the bus was out of control, although no one is yet sure why. Operator error/stupidity, mechanical failure, perhaps in the brakes or accelerator, all of these and more are possible explanations, but one thing is for certain. If you want to stop an Englishman having a pint, you had best be prepared to kill him, because if he has the slightest capacity to stand and order a pint, the chances are that he will.

In this case, the fellow seems to have been sensible about it, and gotten checked out in hospital before drinking, although the landlord of the pub reported that after doing so, the stalwart fellow depicted in the video, did indeed go for a pint to relax. Only bumps, scrapes and bruises to show for a high speed encounter with a bus. What a lad!

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

"Stalwart fellow". Lovely turn of phrase.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I can only imagine shock and some embarrassment led him to just "walk it off". OR it's possible he's truly a badass i'm not writing that off. Or both.

-Alee

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

He's clearly a Rugby man, Exeter Chiefs I expect. "Soccer" is ninety minutes of Nancy boys pretending their hurt. Rugby is eighty minutes pretending you're not. It's basically American football for real men that dont need poncey to body armout protect their delicate selves. We are the English, we're the
f@€king nails mate.
edit on 27-6-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
i is more disturbed by the notion that the BBC feels the need to pause the clip and display a " warning " that people may find it " disturbing "

FFS - grow up - its got mo blood , disembowlment , decapitations , amputations or infact anything remotely disturbing

its not " islam " or " immigration " that is going to bring down this country [ the UK ] - its the fact that it seems that we can no longer handle real life

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

This being the BBC I'm only surprised that there wasn't a message saying "If you have been affected by any of the issues contained in this video please call...." and so forth.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Exeter, pfft
Probably got wallaby green and gold underneath his jacket, drinks his lager ice cold

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Alcohol is the best painkiller you can find.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join