It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bearded man

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

your theory is plausible...though I feel this long beard thing was here from way back..do you feel it's a recent trend...like...in the last 50 years ?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I agree with you that beard hair should not be more than 1 inch long. I think the current long beard craze in an unconscious response to the coming Ice Age.

Sal

a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Flavor saver.
I have a beard, but I can't stand a moustache.
When it starts tickling my upper lip it gets shaved.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

you rehashed my sentiment...though I see some members here disagreeing.

I feel like there is no way in hell you can take that time every day...to groom it...clean it, wash it...and you know...you eat a few times a day...and if you have a thick long beard...can you really wash it thoroughly without taking a shower ?

I just see it as impractical...and...to me...sort of...ugly. But as you said...beauty is in the eye...

link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
Ok. This one has been on my mind for a while.

What's with the beards you guys ? I just dont get it. ...

Why do you care? If it's not on your face, what's it to you?

What's with the shaving? What's with the spending good money and time every day to remove from your face hair follicles that God/nature/evolution (whatever you want to attribute it to) put there?

At least my ugly is covered up.

link   
I'm 33, last time I shaved my beard off was when I was 20, it was a terrible experience. Until last month (mothers day) I had gone a year without trimming, it was great. I washed and brushed it regularly.

I've always enjoyed having hair on my face, the bigger my beard has been the better I've felt.

A part of me kinda believes some of the voodoo-nonsense about how hair is an energy receiver for vibes from the universe...

And none of the problems that you listed are actually problems for me, food has never been an issue, I don't smoke cigs and I fully enjoy my time with my lady (#3 really confused me, maybe you're just playing for the wrong team)

link   
a reply to: SallieSunshine

current long beard craze in an unconscious response to the coming Ice Age.

LOOOL...that's a fresh perspective. Not bad

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

originally posted by: szino9

Not like I ever had the urge to grow one, but after reading your post I can say with certainty, I will never have a beard.

to be honest...neither have I...but I always wondered about the motives of those who do.

My motives for having a beard is that I hate shaving . Plus my beard is gloriously awesome .

What I am getting from you and Szino9 is you are either incapable of keeping a beard clean or are so disgusting that you cant keep your beard clean . It is really not a difficult thing to do .

Never once has my wife told me I had food or crumbs in my beard . She doesnt need to because I am a clean person who can keep his beard food , dirt and fluid free . Oh , and I dont eat like a rabid wolverine with food flying every where . Food goes in my mouth where it belongs .

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I don't mind glue all over my face

link   
A goatee can look nice but I personally don't like a full beard on a man.Toughies for me,my hubby has one and he loves it,so not much I can do,his body and all that.This is an amusing thread though,s+f

link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

I've always enjoyed having hair on my face, the bigger my beard has been the better I've felt. A part of me kinda believes some of the voodoo-nonsense about how hair is an energy receiver for vibes from the universe...

haha...Ok man..I'll take that.

As good a reason as any I guess

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: whenandwhere

What I am getting from you and Szino9 is you are either incapable of keeping a beard clean or are so disgusting that you cant keep your beard clean

none of the above. Beards look...well..as I said...disgusting to me for the reasons I stated. YOu might not have those issues I listed...but many many do.

Is it too hard to accept ?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: whenandwhere

I never thought to grew a beard, I am not even sure if I could have a full one? Once I grew a mustache though. I looked like a young unsuccessful Tom Selleck so that was short lived as well

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I don't mind glue all over my face

LOOOOL...you just killed me

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
It's just another stupid fad like tattoos that some people feel compelled to do to be a part of something. People want to feel like they belong. Just be yourself and to heck with everyone else.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

(post by MarioOnTheFly removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Toughies for me,my hubby has one and he loves it

yeah...I get it...I'm still perplexed as to why that is.

So far...the best reason is...because it's awesome

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I keep a beard but it's low and tight. I can understand the day to day but I imagine after having one for a prolonged period of time, it's second nature to keep it away from food and fire and stuff. Also keeping it clean.

[snipped]
edit on Tue Jun 27 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: Off topic material removed

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join