It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bearded man

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Ok. This one has been on my mind for a while.

What's with the beards you guys ? I just dont get it. No, I'm not talking about the goatee or a 3 day shadow kind of a beard. I'm talking about those...Jihadi lookalike beards...that appear to be...attractive to some. It appears that there is some kinda cultural/gender type of thing...where apparently..(because I cant think of any other reason)...one is considered...manly I guess, for having a long beard.

Now here is what my impressions are:

1. It's disgusting. I've seen more than a few times...where long facial hair on a man...gets in a way of a normal food consumption. I've seen beards dipped into soup, gravy (not intentionally), then...sometimes I notice food leftovers embedded in that facial bush.

2. If you're a smoker...no doubt your mustache and upper part of the beard will change color from the tobacco smoke...to a filthy yellow brown. Also pretty disgusting.

[snipped]

So...that's me. Now you guys...how do you feel about long beards...and by long...I mean anything that stretches more than an inch from your head.

Also...would like to hear what women think about it.

edit on Tue Jun 27 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: T&C

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Cause it's awesome.
[snipped]

edit on Tue Jun 27 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: snipped OT material

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Men look younger without the beard. Tbh.. i think beards shouldn't be long for the reasons you stated.

According to some, a beard can act like cat's whiskers, giving the person extra senses. I read a paper on it recently. Will have to see if i can find it.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Seeing how I have a "Jihadi lookalike beards" or Duck Dynasty seeing how people claim I look like that idiot I have experienced your beard hatred many times over the years. Most of you people that complain don't really hate beards at all you envy them because you cannot grow one.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Spoken like a man who can't grow a beard....

I love mine.

It's disgusting. I've seen more than a few times...where long facial hair on a man...gets in a way of a normal food consumption. I've seen beards dipped into soup, gravy (not intentionally), then...sometimes I notice food leftovers embedded in that facial bush.

That has never really happened to me, I do get a bit of beer foam in it every now and then but it wipes away easy enough. If you can open your mouth and put food in it then you are sorted. This is not a issue.

2. If you're a smoker...no doubt your mustache and upper part of the beard will change color from the tobacco smoke...to a filthy yellow brown. Also pretty disgusting

To me smoking is disgusting, I dont smoke, not a issue.

And as smoking becomes less and less prevalent then so too dose this whole issue.

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

ewwwww.

[snipped].
edit on 27-6-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jun 27 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: Off topic material removed

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I've experienced it too. Lots of times.
I can't have a full beard now cause work but I have the fattest bars possible

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Sounds like someone can't grow a full beard to me.

If one is hygienic they'll keep their beard as clean as the rest of their body. If you've got food stuck in your beard you're just a gross person.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Not like I ever had the urge to grow one, but after reading your post I can say with certainty, I will never have a beard.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I have a long beard . I will bet you money that it is cleaner and better cared for than most peoples head hair .

I never have food in it . NEVER . I am very careful when eating and careful in what I eat . I also inspect it after eating and run a comb through it just in case I may not see any crumbs . My wife always does an inspection also and never once had to tell me that I have food in my beard . And believe me , she would .

Not a smoker so not a problem .

I dont do number three . I dont want it in my beard .

But , as I tell my wife's friends who I over hear teasingly questioning her about my beard ... " It is my face , not hers . And I am not cutting it off for anyone" . But other than a few people who joke with me I get mostly compliments on my beard from women . Clean , well groomed , shiny , no split ends .

As for goatees , those are cute little beards but most beards come in man sizes .

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Let me set this up.
My family and I went to eat at a local restaurant.
Over near the entrance sat a table of 4 or 5 well dressed guys, all had beards at least 4 inches long.
My niece had to go to the ladies room.
It was crowded and she had trouble seeing where it was,
so I told her "it's over there by where the Civil War deserters are sitting".
She didn't understand, (she's only 9) but I thought it was funny as hell.
But maybe I'm not that funny, but I don't care. Nana nana boo boo
edit on 27-6-2017 by Spader because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

quite simply dont go down there, its not hygienic anyway regardless of the beard

whaaaaattttt ????????????????????????

That's a joke right ?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Josephus

Sounds like someone can't grow a full beard to me.

you guys are funny....haha funny.

So I must be complaning because I cant grow a beard...and I sooooo want one...because ????

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I have my own theory about this. You have too look back to when it started to become "hip" to run around with these Talibeards. That was when western soldiers were send to muslim countries and needed to grow their beards, because otherwise they weren´t be taken serious by the people there.

Then they cam back home, maybe for vacations, but just didn´t shave off their beards anymore, because they needed them where they had to fight for the banksters, the military industrial complex and all that scum, after visiting home and being send back to be cannonfodder for the worlds "elites", for example to Afghanistan.

The most funny thing is, all those that hate muslims run around with beards that are inspired by.... MUSLIMS!

link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

A nice trimmed mustache is called a "Flavor Saver" for a reason...

Now I'll slink back and continue My exercises (licking both eyebrows for 3 sets of 25 reps...)

Stay Hydrated...

P.S. Most beards look like "Fido's Fanny" and especially if there are blotches of 'open space'.

link   

originally posted by: Spader
Let me set this up.
My family and I went to eat at a local restaurant.
Over near the entrance sat a table of 4 or 5 well dressed guys, all had beards at least 4 inches long.
My niece had to go to the ladies room.
It was crowded and she had trouble seeing where it was,
so I told her "it's over there by where the Civil War deserters are sitting".
She didn't understand, (she's only 9) but I thought it was funny as hell.
But maybe I'm not that funny, but I don't care. Nana nana boo boo

well..it was funny to me...

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9

Not like I ever had the urge to grow one, but after reading your post I can say with certainty, I will never have a beard.

to be honest...neither have I...but I always wondered about the motives of those who do.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

It's less hygienic than clean shaven, for sure. I'm sure there was something growing in mine last time.

It was one of those ZZ Top ones; it itched like a bitch so I shaved it off and my face was covered in zits.

I don't mind seeing them on other men, but yeah, I think I'd run away screaming if I were a sheila.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
There are a few that keep beards in order but for the most part,the young kids beards look like crap,it's like anything don't do any upkeep it shows,I can easily grow a full beard,to me feels like face is always dirty,I guess beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

<<   2  3  4 >>

join