It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars: Strange Tracks Leading to Geometric Looking Structures.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Hi guys, I found this while surfing the net (where else?!) I'm unaware if this has been posted here earlier. Check out the strange terrain config that looks like tracks or trenches leading to what seems to resemble artificial constructs shown in the third image! The 'tracks' end there. This was found on Google Mars. Here it is......

Zoomed......

Can anyone hazard a guess as to what this is? Is it a result of stitching together of adjacent images? It seems likely that it is as the res on the left and right of the 'tracks' look to be slightly different. But then further down toward the right, the res on both sides is the same! And why do the 'tracks' end abruptly in the crater having those strange formations?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: OrionHunterX

Those "tracks" are on top of the image, even on top of the rocks..

To me it looks like something not actually on mars at all, but an image issue.

Then again its not symmetrical.. if you look zoomed way in, the "tracks" change in that the "steps" are not the same size or same angle in parallel lines.. so it looks odd, but i have no clue what im looking at..

You see the step on the lone rock?

What is that?

AND

!!

The image is NOT stitched at that point or that line.. You can see to the right the connection of two images taken at different times.. the image stitched to the right is much ligter in coloration and does not intersect the tracks..

So im saying the tracks are contained in one image.
edit on 27-6-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
This story has been floating around for 6 years, eg

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

and the feature is a product of the way images are stitched together. You can see the same thing on Google Moon with early Lunar Orbiter images.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Every time I hear of weird tracks in the dirt I think of Racetrack Playa - a combination of a wet, iced surface and high winds push various rocks over a period of time - in a straight line. Now, I see that there are indeed distinct 'tracks' so to speak so I'll be interested to see if there are any other thoughts.

ETA - or what the metal monkey said above this post.
edit on 27-6-2017 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Are they there on the LRO images?

Much better resolution than what google Mars uses.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Just to add a little more proof that it's from the image and the ground, if you go into Google Mars and look in the Global Maps part, tick the 'MDIM 2.1' layer you get this:

Notice how the corner edge of the photo on this layer can be made out pretty easily, an the 'track follows an edge.

Here's where that layer comes from.

The Mars Digital Image Map version 2.1 (MDIM 2.1) is a global map of mars that was assembled by the USGS from approximately 4600 Viking Orbiter images. It is not meant to be a picture of Mars, but rather a map of Mars made from image data that has been calibrated so that it roughly approximates a global shaded relief map.

If you pan along the northern edge of that photo you can find the eastern limit of the picture:

where there are obviously more of the same features.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

You know the sailing stones in the death valley? Imagine that with the climatic conditions on Mars...

a reply to: Sublimecraft

Sorry didn't see you already said that.

edit on 27-6-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

While it is capable of lifting global dust storms, could the markedly thin Martian atmosphere even generate enough force to move a stone that way? Or for that matter, a stone large enough to leave tracks visible to the MRO?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

You know the sailing stones in the death valley? Imagine that with the climatic conditions on Mars...

For that to be the case there would have to be water (or some other freezable liquid) on Mars to begin with

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit

originally posted by: Peeple

For that to be the case there would have to be water (or some other freezable liquid) on Mars to begin with

Dont think Death Valley has much water , and even less ice.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Neither did I but if you click on the link, apparently it has both!

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Look here for the atmosphere, under that conditions, with less gravity and all (38%), winds of 60 mph should be enough to push lighter rocks.

I think.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Hmm. Thanks

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

RIP J.P. Skipper...

Never got his War evidence out there. Would have been nice to see that.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

This has been discussed many time's before on ATS, it is still interesting though.

My personal belief is that with this I am almost neutral, enough that I won't add an opinion but I do believe there are road's on mar's like those in this video, I also saw this videos same material on a much higher quality image I can not find that showed a close up of this road and what appeared to be a central reservation as on a motorway or highway dividing the two land's or perhaps a central monorail type construction running it's length, unfortunately I have not seen that image since but it did convince me that this road is indeed just that, a road but one that is heavily damaged and seem's to be eroded badly in places.

Now back to the one you are looking at.

Then there is hale crater, there was a good argument and well formulated that this is because the ESA image was not a photograph but digital data converted from height maps into an image and that it is therefore down to sampling date creating the illusion of a city, but what if?.

Then back to Cydonia (I for one believe it is genuinely an artificial but very ancient structure)
www.enterprisemission.com...

other videos of interest.

edit on 27-6-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
You can download a large version of the one that was used in Google Mars here

astrogeology.usgs.gov...

The lines are part of the image, not a road.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Given the scale of the image, these "tracks" would have to be approximately 1.5 km apart. Not realistic at all. The "artificial structures" is simply funky slumped and broken terrain.

Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) is currently orbiting Mars and providing the best and highest-resolution images we have to date. So, when faced with questions, it's always best to refer to MRO imagery.

Here's an image from MRO's Context Camera of the area where the "tracks" appeared on the Viking image (upper part of the image): Link

And another Context Camera image, where the "tracks" led into "artificial structures" (bottom of the image): Link

As you can see, there's nothing like any "tracks" or "artificial structures" there.

All the imagery I mentioned can be seen in Google Earth if you enable CTX Mosaic in [Global Maps] and HiRISE Image Browser and CTX Image Browser in [Spacecraft Imagery] Layers menu.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
And in case anyone wants to beef about NASA sources, here is India's Mars Orbiter view of the same thing:

No roads.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

That still wont change LAB's mind he is like some of the old members on here that are long gone people like Lear, zorgon, Arken etc once they have convinced themseleves no amount of evidence will change their minds.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Put a ruler along the bottom line.
you can see the line goes up a
little at the top of first round? hill.
so how can That be not one the ground?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join