It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone tell me what this tool is?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I wasn't aware of that. Nice piece of trivia to store away for future reference. Thanks!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I mean I haven't seen every single part, piece, and tool the Air Force has, but nothing I ever saw had the seal on it. It's not like the Air Force manufactures their own tools and parts. We buy everything. Standard tools we will literally buy from places like Grainger (they have damn near everything) or places like that. When I was one of the cardholders for my unit I even bought stuff from Walmart on occasion. Or if it's something industrial, like say a generator for backup power in case of outages, we go through a contractor to buy and install that kind of stuff. None of that is manufactured specifically for the Air Force, so of course it has no Air Force logos, slogans etc on it. Obviously specialized stuff, like aircraft parts, we have to buy from specific manufacturers (Lockheed, etc) or their subcontractors. But generally none of that type of stuff is gonna have the Air Force Seal on it either.

Like SecretsoftheBlueApples said, in all likelihood it's a piece of an award or going away/retirement gift, which is why no one can identify it. It's probably not off of something that was ever mass produced.
edit on 27 6 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27 6 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Thanks again for the input guys, i was just wondering what it could be, too cool looking to just be laying in the street though, So I picked it up. Just something else to collect dust in the garage.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join