It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low income people should not have insurance. They should be treated for free.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

$6,000 lease for the building

$500 utilities

$40,000 nurses

$20,000 Dr.

Liability Insurance ?

Office staff?

What kind of machines, x-ray? Ultra sound? ECG?

Nothing is cheap, and it is by design. It's call fractional reserve lending.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Farlander
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Obamacare was not socialized medicine. Socialized medicine is what they have in Canada, the UK, France, Germany, Australia, the Scandinavian nations, and the rest of the civilized world, and it works just fine.

Obamacare was CORPORATIZED health care, where people were forced to bow not only to the government, but also to greedy insurance companies.

Republicans fear big gov't. Democrats fear big corporations. But what we should all fear is when big gov't and big business work together to enslave the common man. That is what's happening now in the US.

Well said. The politicians don't care and corp sure as hell don't care.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Not only that, but who's going to make the decision on who gets treated for free ? And, how many people will it take to fill those positions ? Plus, who's paying those people ? It's easy to fix these problems if you don't have to figure out the logistics to make it work in real world applications.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

originally posted by: Farlander
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Obamacare was not socialized medicine. Socialized medicine is what they have in Canada, the UK, France, Germany, Australia, the Scandinavian nations, and the rest of the civilized world, and it works just fine.

Obamacare was CORPORATIZED health care, where people were forced to bow not only to the government, but also to greedy insurance companies.

Republicans fear big gov't. Democrats fear big corporations. But what we should all fear is when big gov't and big business work together to enslave the common man. That is what's happening now in the US.

Well said. The politicians don't care and corp sure as hell don't care.

So teh solution ought to be to get the government out of it. Without the government to prop them up and keep them big, the bigs everyone fears would face competition and they wouldn't be able to price their services into the pockets of government which are bottomless.

The market would, perforce, be reset back into the pockets of consumers.

Of course, the fly in the ointment is that such a system is buyer beware and assumes that people will actually research what they are about to have done to themselves and who is doing it. Someone will opt for a back alley knee surgery and then we're back to the current state where people will scream about government needing to protect the dumb ones and it starts all over again.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
]originally posted by: seasonal

$6,000 lease for the building (state provide)

$500 utilities (state offset)

$40,000 nurses (4 at 32,000)

$20,000 Dr. (why?) On call only

Liability Insurance ? (state provide)

Office Staff..why We got nurses...

What kind of machines, x-ray? Ultra sound? ECG? (cost of the State)

Add in further subsidies...

You are right nothing is free, but State level taxes is cleaner to what the state needs or doesn't need.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Yes, lets all demand people that went to college for 8+ years to do thier job for free.
Unbelivable how selfish and greedy the majority of you are to demand that people who worked hard to become wealthy should have to foot the bill for lazy people who dont want to work as hard.
You say make the government pay them? Why? Government doesnt make money, it runs off tax payer dollars and my taxes are high enough.
You say make the rich pay for it? Why? Why should the rich be penalized because you cant afford something?
You say make the doctors work for free? Why? Would you work for free?
Heres an idea, when you get sick, pay to see a dr. End of story.
If you cant pay, you dont see the dr. It isnt the drs fault youre sick, it isnt the rich peoples fault your sick, they shouldnt be penalized for something that has nothing to do with them.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Vortiki

Who said anyone does anything for free?

And I don't think it i greedy to question the cost of the US system when every other system in the world covers more people and does it for less than 1/2 the cost. Edit: and does it better.

Are you not interested in why we getting the pleasure of being #1 in cost and #37 in health outcomes? Or is that a selfish question?
edit on 27-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How does the govt prop them up?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I was in the emergency for my friend last week and took my Mother Saturday. My friend is a diabetic and on dialysis. He went to a private hospital and received care. His weekly dialysis sessions (4) cost 59 thousand each time he goes in. His diabetics medicine cost around 200 a month, the other medications cost all together around 800 a month and he paid a dollar for all of it and that is what it cost him each month for total care and he has no insurance other than Medicare and Medicaid.

My Mother has glaucoma and has medicine she takes every month for it. She has private insurance in addition to her Medicare and it still cost her over 1200 each month from her own pocket even after insurance so cry me a river. If people need care it is available, end of story, nobody is dying and nobody is being thrown off a cliff.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Other nations have very higher tax rates to compensate for healthcare. Thankfully we live in a capitalist country where i dont have to pay extra taxes because everyone else needs to see the dr 3 times a week.

Id much prefer to only pay my dr when i need to see them. I dont want to pay for anyone elses dr visits and i dont want anyone else paying for mine. I dont know why people have such a big issue with leaving things like that.
edit on 27-6-2017 by Vortiki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

I am not saying care is not available. I am questioning cost. Or is that not a question I dare ask?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The more doctors that quit/leave the larger the salaries for those who remain!

And the longer the waiting list.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Some tax rates. I don't know if you have researched your statement.
France 62.80%
Australia is 47.60
US 44
Canada 21

edit on 27-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I stand corrected. I did lose a zero.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
So in this thread we have a decision to make.

What if you got injured in a car crash by a drunk driver. You're arm and leg had to be amputated and your wife had to be in the hospital for 6 months.

You're not working. You're wife isn't working. You don't have insurance. You're techincally poor and leaching off the system.

Should they let you die?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

In that situation the couple will be bankrupted. If they live in Michigan they would have medical through the car insurance for life. This insurance is something the Repubs here in Mich are trying their hardest to get off the books. They hate this law and insurance system.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Some tax rates. I don't know if you have researched your statement.
France 62.80%
Australia is 47.60
US 44
Canada 21

I don't think this is accurate, can you source please?
2nd.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Its a good question, however from personal experience it is free to those in need. My friend has no job and is basically disabled and was just last week approved for both part A and part B so the care without cost is available so at least for those in need, its not a question. He will now not have to pay anything for the care he needs and will also be given over a thousand dollars a month to live on.

Health Care cost are not what either the Affordable Care Act nor the American Care Act are even addressing. Why would mandated insurance that includes everything under the sun, my 75 year old Mother has to pay for a plan that includes prenatal care and drug dependency care even though she is unlikely to ever get pregnant nor suddenly develop a drug dependency going to lower cost ?

The only people getting rich under the Affordable Care Act are the insurance companies who now have a product that is mandated you purchase. Plans that most people would have never bought in the first place as far as mental health coverage and drug dependency, even the golden parachute plans offered by some companies do not cover that.

They need a basic care package and work on that first, Preventive Medicine which goes a long way in providing care to stave off any major catastrophic emergencies, and then work on the real emergencies and take take the profit out of health care but there is way too much money involved so they will not do it.

Several state Senators in my state are in the health care industry because specifically of medicare and Medicaid, they own and operate some truly horrible old folk homes which are constantly cited for peoples deaths and bed sores from neglect, the list goes on but they get the federal dollars and provide half *** care and shrug their shoulders when confronted about it. Its a joke if anyone thinks that the people in Washington are ever going to do something good to help. they want us to pay more so they can steal and spend it on nonsensical programs that do not work and so many keep falling for it

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: MissCoyote

Doctors are public servants just like professors. Professors are government paid. So should doctors.

Professors at public institutions are paid for by the State Government, professors at private schools are paid by the school and have no affiliation to the government at all, where did you get that doctors are like professors at all?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

Well, I would edit my post to reflect "/sarcasm"......but I'm not sure that's really sarcasm, but it's definitely mockery.

Which post are you referring to? I wasn't aware that i was sarcastic or mocking but that doesn't mean i wasn't....

No no. LOL. I was talking about my post. My post, perhaps should have been ended with "/sarcasm. But, I think my post was more "mockery" than "sarcasm".

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join