It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low income people should not have insurance. They should be treated for free.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

The doctors signed up to be public servants. They have a moral responsibility to treat the unfortunate. 100,000 annual government salary is enough for them.

After working for 90 hour weeks for 2 years for free on top of their half million dollar student loans?
Hell yeah! I don't see why they shouldn't keep working for free?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

a reply to: JinMI

That's why I suggested doctors be paid like professors are. A fixed government salary rather than paid on a per treatment basis.

If doctors were not paid well, WHY would someone bust their ass for 8 years of school, plus residency?? Plus taking on hundreds of thousands of loans out? I had to take out 130,000 to get my degree. I would not have done so if the monetary benefit was not there. You do that, and you will get mediocre doctors, and you do not want that.

That's where fixing the education system would be next. No one should go broke or go into debt to get a degree.

I know that paying for education is necessary but price gouging for less than stellar education is nonsense.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Low income people should get a Lexus.

And maybe a nice house in the country.

And an indoor pool.

I'm going to stop working the second all this passes!

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Sadly most, I am sorry to say from personal experience, are incompetent and not worth their huge salaries-what did they learn in med school-besides a big ego?

Why do they have huge insurance payments? Because they are incompetent. Most went to med school to get rich. Sounds sour grapes, but, think about it-really.

Our medicine in the US stinks because of the above and the fact that insurance companies and the government control them.

Of course we should pay for the poor. This is the US-free and equal, right? Bah!

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Well, that's just flipping fabulous, eh???

I know a woman who takes her kids on Medicaid to the ER for a flipping runny nose, in the middle of the day -- even though her pediatrician's office is open. Why? Because it is more convenient to her house.

$30 copay becomes a $250 copay. AND THAT IS FOR SOMEONE PAYING FOR INSURANCE! Imagine the cost for taxpayers!

It disgusts me.

Screw that.

Repeat offenders should have to pay some penalty. There should be some accountability!

My insurance company sends me reminders on when to go the ER, urgent treatment center, or to my regular PCP!

The woman I speak of DGAF about how much it costs.

Eff no, do I want to throw tax dollars at wasteful, bad judgment.

edit on 26-6-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
How about we forget about health insurance altogether, and let the payment be worked out between the doctor and patient.

Before ObamaScrew became law, that's what the most financially astute Americans did. They bought "catastrophic" insurance for less than $75 a month. That's illegal now. But TrumpCare will enable that freedom again, if you live in a state that gives you credit for having a brain, and deserve such freedom(s).

(Tip: Those poor souls who live in New York, Illinois, California..and a few others, will not be granted their freedom.)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

The doctors signed up to be public servants. They have a moral responsibility to treat the unfortunate. 100,000 annual government salary is enough for them.

After working for 90 hour weeks for 2 years for free on top of their half million dollar student loans?
Hell yeah! I don't see why they shouldn't keep working for free?

We all need slaves again. I'm sure no one can see why it was such a big deal before, and it's not like we don't really need what these slaves would produce ... I can't wait until people stop wanting to be doctors and we either go to foreign countries to load them up and ship them over here to be slaves again - or- make it a law that our children be tested for aptitude and them a certain quota compelled into being doctors. Why not both?

It is all for the greater good. Our good, not theirs, but I'm sure they'll be content with their public dole food, housing, and shelter. We may need to build special medical compounds to house this precious resource though. I'll bet some won't know how well off they are being kept wards of the state to service all of us at our pleasure.

/sarc
edit on 26-6-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Thinking like that is exactly why shut down my companies in the states and moved to a country where I dont have to pay to support deadbeats who think the world owes them a living .

You want something get up off your lazy ass and work for it instead of leeching off others hard work .

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
How about we forget about health insurance altogether, and let the payment be worked out between the doctor and patient.

Not individual doctors, but maybe providers like Mercy. Facility and test costs are a big part. Malpractice insurance is also part of the equation of costs. If we could at least cap penalties it would help control costs.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

How about unifying under the banner that healthcare is too expensive and is in no way proportionate to the care received?

If you push that narrative youll have to watch your six so you don't get Seth Riched.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I always hated working 2nd shift at the hospital because people go to the ER on 2nd shift like it was last call for alcohol at the local bar. It is amazing how many people are so sick that it requires an ER visit AFTER they spent the day at work. Noooo, they couldn't possibly call in sick to work and go to the Urgent Care. They just go to work and then come to the ER after work because it's convenient. People lack all common sense when it comes to medical care. You have a cold? Go home and drink fluids and rest. The doctor can do ABSOLUTLEY FREAKING NOTHING for you except tell you to go home, drink fluids and rest. Something you should have enough common sense to know for yourself. ERs are overcrowded because people try to use them as their primary care physician.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
And who's going to pay for this?

+1.

NOTHING is free.
EVERYTHING must be paid for.

what the OP means, I think, is 'poor people should get health care paid for by rich people'.

Of course nothing is free. But not everything costs $1,000 either.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

It's true!

It's not isolated either...when insurance and healthcare are free, people don't give any thought to the cost before going to the most expensive place because it's more convenient for them.

When you pay for insurance and have to pay a copay/deductible...you are more reasonable and prudent. My husband has left work early, MANY TIMES, to make sure I can take one child to the pediatrician or urgent treatment before they close so we don't have to go to the ER during the night.

If you don't have to pay a copay/deductible or for insurance..well, then...who cares...go to whatever is most convenient, not what makes sense.

It's infuriating.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: JinMI

How about unifying under the banner that healthcare is too expensive and is in no way proportionate to the care received?

If you push that narrative youll have to watch your six so you don't get Seth Riched.

Must be on the right track then.

Point being, unifying. Many. Fighting over scraps from the insurance companies and the government should not be how this works.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

It's not isolated either...when insurance and healthcare are free, people don't give any thought to the cost before going to the most expensive place because it's more convenient for them.

Do you have any #'s to back that up?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I will say that the promise of a huge salary inspires excellence.

Promising doctors should be inspired by the promise of a big salary...

...if we want to inspire excellence in the field of medicine, that is.

And don't we?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

We could pay for it, if we stop throwing tax money at the banks and ultra wealthy.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Oh is that why we are #37 in health outcomes (behind Columbia)?

But we are paying everyone to do a good job, but they are screwing the pooch.
edit on 26-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

We could pay for it, if we stop throwing tax money at the banks and ultra wealthy.

And 13,000,000,000 dollar air craft carriers.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Do you have any #'s to back that up?

Like what?

No, I did not overstate what I said. There are probably figures to be found.

I will say that I once took my son to the ER for a flipping ear infection in the middle of the night. He was 4. He never had an ear infection before and was screaming bloody murder like he had a brain eating creature stuck in his head munching away at his brain while he screamed in pain.

I felt like an idiot when they told me it was just an ear infection in one ear.

But I paid for that insurance and a $250 copay for that stupid ER visit.

I've done it myself and I know of, at least one, repeat offender. I also know a social worker and a nurse that say it happens all the time with medicaid patients.

It happens. I don't know how you can find stats on it with HIPPA laws, but I am sure they have been compiled and exist somewhere.

edit on 26-6-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join