It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Truck Stop Teaches Mark Zuckerberg That Politics Is Hard

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Zuck's on a listening tour! And he stopped at the world's largest truck stop in Iowa and hyjinks ensued. Maybe those rumors that he's thinking about running for office aren't really rumors. Look at where he ended up and we all saw how well Hillary connected when she interacted with "the folk" (who quickly become deplorable later on).

First, he had to inform all his coastal buddies what a truck stop is:

It’s like a small city where truckers on long trips can take a break, get something to eat, get a haircut, do laundry, get their truck washed — or their dog washed! — and even go to the dentist…

I asked the truckers what’s changed over the last few decades. When the truckers I met started driving, you logged your driving hours on pieces of paper. Now it’s electronic and automatic, which makes it harder to drive more hours than you’re supposed to. Some people said they want to work longer, but they feel like regulations are getting in the way of their freedom and doing what they want to do.

Then, he interacted with real, live truck drivers.

They seemed to be more preoccupied with how they weren't able to drive as much as they wanted thank to regulations while he was more interested in explaining the wonders of self-driving semis to them.

It's kind of a wonder no one beat him up for trying to tell them how he wanted to put them all out of work.
edit on 26-6-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I absolutely loathe Zuckerberg.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

He's a college kid who's never had to do what "the folk" do. He seems to think that putting people out of work will make them happy s what a detached moron.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

There's a great piece in City journal about that. Zuck's likely pretty materialistic but not many are.
The War on Work and How to End It

Fair warning. It is lengthy, but addresses the attendant problems with putting large swathes of the population out of work and why it's just not enough to expect them to be happy doing nothing.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Why would he want to take on Politics ?

What a monumental waste of time.

The Playboy mansion is for sale...Dumb a$$

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Why would he want to take on Politics ?

What a monumental waste of time.

The Playboy mansion is for sale...Dumb a$$

Just an aside, why would anyone buy it? The numbers of STD that have no doubt fused into the structure merit a purge by fire.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
11 hours a day is a long time for some, but not enough for others. Really, it's the 14 hour clock that'll kill your paycheck when you have to wait 7 hours to get loaded or unloaded. Also, you may still have 6 hours drive time left, but maybe your 70 clock is down to only 3 hours and your dispatcher doesn't seem to understand this because he didn't look at your time before he sent your load assignment and he's pissed because you're refusing the load because you need a 34 hour reset and a shower and a little time with a lot lizard or two. And then some guy from the feul department wants to know why you didn't go "on duty - not driving" to fuel up because, well, EVERYONE goes "off duty" to wait in line for 30 minutes. Semantics, shemantics! And then this guy comes up and wants 3 dollars.

But hey. I've been to that truck stop in Iowa. It's YUUUUUUUUUUGE!

Zuckerberg... Our next President. I can totally see it.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Why can't he just enjoy the cushy life and leave the rest of us the hell alone? It's obvious he thinks the average person is a complete idiot worthy of being exploited - who knows, I could very well have "sold out" to the surveillance state and intelligence orgs too if I had invented FB which is worth billions, but I Zuckerberg didn't even think twice about it.

He's a wannabe Bill Gates now. He pretty much sold his own soul to appease the overlords and received a hefty chunk of change for his obedience.

Just my .02

And I pray to God that he doesn't run for President, or if he does he just makes a fool out of himself like Gary Johnson did

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Zuck's on a listening tour! And he stopped at the world's largest truck stop in Iowa and hyjinks ensued. Maybe those rumors that he's thinking about running for office aren't really rumors. Look at where he ended up and we all saw how well Hillary connected when she interacted with "the folk" (who quickly become deplorable later on).

It’s like a small city where truckers on long trips can take a break, get something to eat, get a haircut, do laundry, get their truck washed — or their dog washed! — and even go to the dentist…

I asked the truckers what’s changed over the last few decades. When the truckers I met started driving, you logged your driving hours on pieces of paper. Now it’s electronic and automatic, which makes it harder to drive more hours than you’re supposed to. Some people said they want to work longer, but they feel like regulations are getting in the way of their freedom and doing what they want to do.

They seemed to be more preoccupied with how they weren't able to drive as much as they wanted thank to regulations while he was more interested in explaining the wonders of self-driving semis to them.

It's kind of a wonder no one beat him up for trying to tell them how he wanted to put them all out of work.[/quote

I have known for some time how disconnected we can be as humans...

This is something different though.
It's worse than I thought.

The disconnect is scary tbh.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

He's putting feelers out for a political run for sure...

It's pretty obvious.

It won't happen though.

Well, let me rephrase... it could happen if he ensures it happens.

edit on 26-6-2017 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo
11 hours a day is a long time for some, but not enough for others. Really, it's the 14 hour clock that'll kill your paycheck when you have to wait 7 hours to get loaded or unloaded. Also, you may still have 6 hours drive time left, but maybe your 70 clock is down to only 3 hours and your dispatcher doesn't seem to understand this because he didn't look at your time before he sent your load assignment and he's pissed because you're refusing the load because you need a 34 hour reset and a shower and a little time with a lot lizard or two. And then some guy from the feul department wants to know why you didn't go "on duty - not driving" to fuel up because, well, EVERYONE goes "off duty" to wait in line for 30 minutes. Semantics, shemantics! And then this guy comes up and wants 3 dollars.

But hey. I've been to that truck stop in Iowa. It's YUUUUUUUUUUGE!

Zuckerberg... Our next President. I can totally see it.

Actually, I don't have a problem with the 70 hour in eight day week. My issue is the 11 hour limit every day. For example, Canada allows 13 hours per day and 'North of 60" rules, which include the Yukon, NW Territories and Alaska allow 15 hour driving days.

All allow only 70 hour per eight day week. This allows latitude. If, for example, you need to reload before the business closes for the weekend- and leaves you sitting- you drive the extra distance, load and have the option to either take your rest then or shortly thereafter. That allows you to drive the weekend and still limits the overall hours one works.

If, on the other hand, I feel tired or perhaps under the weather, one can take naps and break up the travel day. Perhaps beat an incoming storm over a mountain pass before it arrives. Options, choice, responsibility, not robots required to spend 8 continuous hours is a sleeper berth and and 2 hours 'off duty' for food, etc. If I need a washroom during the rest period? Legally, I would be required to re-start my mandatory eight hours in the bunk. Of course, no one does. We are all in violation of the law, as it stands, one way or another, sooner or later.

As far as Zuckerberg goes. I wonder which Party he'd run for? Not that there's much difference.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

That biohazard removal is one of the few times I'd recommend the use of thermonuclear weapons.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

does it matter what Zuckerberg know about real life or politics? the only thing that matters is that he's a billionaire, and that's all it takes to get a top seat in the government or even be POTUS.

his billions beg to differ why autonomous vehicles are better than humans.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's kind of a wonder no one beat him up for trying to tell them how he wanted to put them all out of work.

So they have more time for yoga and pottery classes! Did he mention that?

Where the hell does he think he has a shot at a political office? Does he even shave yet?

He lives in Hawaii doesn't he? They have town councils there?

Everybody wants to get in on the act, sheesh.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
After reading this I now name him Mark Schmuckerberg

edit on 27-6-2017 by Bspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

If this guy runs, it's just further proof how far the left are from reality.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I wonder if he'll use his own money and release his tax returns.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Yes, the man who lives in the worst state to make living is busy exporting his know-how on doing that to the rest of us.

No. Actually, he lives in Palo Alto, CA, but he may have another place in Hawaii.
edit on 27-6-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Of course he thinks the average person is a complete idiot. The average person didn't invent Facebook. Or steal it from the Winklevoss twins. Take your pick.
Ol Zuck brought us an all-you-can-eat, 24/7 endless buffet for the human ego. And he obviously shoulders up to the trough pretty often himself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join