It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitch McConnel should step aside and pass the torch to Ted Cruz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
He's old, he's weak, he lacks charisma. In every GOP state, the people want Obamacare repealed and replaced. If he can't get the Obama repeal and replace done in the Senate after calling for it for 7 years and having a 52 majority, he does not deserve to be leader. Ted Cruz is a class A debater, a lawyer by profession, young, energetic. I call for Mitch McConnell to step down and pass the torch to Ted Cruz.
edit on 26-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Agree he should step aside, however, I'm hoping Cruz will be the next Supreme!

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Ted Cruz is a class A debater, a lawyer by profession, young, energetic.

So you're saying Cruz is a master debater?

Look, I agree McConnell needs to go ASAP. The guy is ineffective as leader and his fundraising is weak. I don't agree with the idea of running Cruz up there, however. Maybe a Tim Scott or Thom Tillis, but not Cruz. Cruz allegedly is among the most unpleasant members of the Senate and I can't see someone that wifely disliked, on a personal level no less, within his own party being a good candidate to lead said party.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

I'll reserve judgement until after Friday. If he can't get a SUCCESSFUL ObamaCare replacement vote then, or if he delays it, McConnell should indeed go. CRUZ is first choice. PAUL is second choice.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Agree McConnal should go but Cruz? Not in my lifetime. We need a moderate who can actually work with people and not try to steem role them. Cruz would get next to no votes as a replacement, Thank goodness.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Ted Cruz is a class A debater, a lawyer by profession, young, energetic

Are you high..?

He's out for himself and the predominate Hawk of the Right.

Give Trey Gowdy another year, and you have your Majority Leader.

Patience young grasshopper...

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Mitch McConnel should step aside and torch Ted Cruz and then himself.

No love for these pathetic hypocrites .

Mitch McConnell Wouldn’t Meet with the March of Dimes Even Though They Treated His Polio as a child

www.gq.com...

These are the ppl who like to pull up ladders after climbing it..

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Been saying this for YEARS. Should have been tossed with Boehner....
However , anyone but Ted Crudz

edit on 6/27/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I can well understand wanting Mitch McConnel to step down from his position. Even by the standards of his party, he is an intellectual lummox and a frankly pathetic debater...

But to replace him with Cruz, would be to swap a bulb dimmed by age, for one simply under powered from the get go. Cruz is NONE of the things you stated above, apart from a Lawyer by profession. Everything else you said above is utter rot. He is NOT a good debater, 46 is only young if you happen to be above that age and looking back at it, and from every other position is far from youth, and what passes for energetic in your circles and mine is clearly different.

The man has absolutely NO charisma, unless you find magnolia paint and G-Plan furniture to be charismatic choices of course, in which case, the seventies called, and want you back my friend. In any other era however, Cruz is a tedious, slow witted, and morally retarded cretin from the underbelly of hell. A worse replacement you could not hope to come across. There must be someone remotely interesting and morally solid in the Republican Party, that you could choose instead of that utterly underwhelming waste of oxygen!

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Yes he should put the Torch in Cruz's rectum. McConnel is a worthless scoundrel. He's so great, he fillibustered his own bill.

new topics

top topics

join