It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three CNN Employees Resign Over Retracted Story on Russia Ties

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Wonder who hires them now?
MSNBC? NYT? WAPO?

Those three will probably get in a bidding war for their talents.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: xuenchen

My money is on "They were asked to resign".

That's what I thought too after reading that part :

“In the aftermath of the retraction of a story published on CNN.com, CNN has accepted the resignation of the employees involved in the story’s publication,”

It's like CNN is "pretending" to clean the house. They don't really mean it. I don't believe them.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

CNN has accepted the resignation of the employees involved

As someone who regularly hires and fires - this is code for:

"I will give you the opportunity to resign by the end of the day, otherwise you're terminated and you don't want that on your resume"

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
what if CNN was being ' Thomas crown - affaired' by the "Russians" themselves; what if Russia was those "unnamed" ' sources origin ...

dum dum dum dum dum. (dramatic reverbbbbbb)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

According to sources with knowledge of the matter, this makes me smile

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

Citing a single unnamed source, the story reported that Congress was investigating a “Russian investment fund with ties to Trump officials.”

I.e., the story was fed them by a spook.

There is no way that a reporter would commit to a hugely-controversial national story with only one source telling him (or her) anything, unless that source was known and trusted and had a good record plus impeccable credentials.

What's more, this would have been scrutinised right up the editorial ladder and down again, and the reporter would have had to stand by it at every stage. It clearly passed inspection, hence the resignations of the higher-ups who didn't stop this fiasco.

Of this debacle, we will assuredly learn more in due course.

This looks like CNN got played as 'disposables' in a bigger strategy that they didn't understand. Moral: Ask not what the spooks are doing for your stories, ask what your stories are doing for the spooks.

Exactly!

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

This looks like CNN got played as 'disposables' in a bigger strategy that they didn't understand. Moral: Ask not what the spooks are doing for your stories, ask what your stories are doing for the spooks.

Looka there Martha, that's one of them there real spookologist type fellers.

Buck

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Shoot... They should all resign, then

Bunch of lying bastards.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
If this is the new standard at CNN they may end up imploding...

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

What happened to Stratfor?

Texas?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Prostitution, preacher, police officer... all professiona making # up is a prerequisite.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Sean Hannity is trolling CNN hard on twitter right now! lmao Also, that guy from Project Veritas, he just came out with an announcement of something big coming and it had a picture of Anderson Cooper!!!

This is getting interesting!

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Yes I been watching that too, he is showing cuts of the lies that has been spread as head line news in CNN.

So now the CEO of CNN may be running for a political position, perhaps that is why he is butt kissing the Democratic party.

This what happen when once honest and reliable main media outlets are owned by those with political agendas

Is not such thing as free media anymore.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
And Fox had to retract the Seth Rich nonsense.

Didn't see anyone stepping down over that, did we?

How about Breitbart or Infowars? Would they let go or force any of their "journalists" to quit if they weren't crossing all their T's and dotting their I's?

I think it's a question worth asking...

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I have read in several articles before anyone runs a story on politics , they have to run it by the CNN Big-Wheels first.
The end

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

And Breitbart doesn't have a political agenda? Are you serious? You can't be serious...that statement has to be sarcasm or facetious in nature.

Quite a few "alt-news" sites the just are blogs funded by political super PACs. You usually have to dig around to find that bit out though, as they don't exactly advertise they're a Koch Brothers or Mercer-sponsored front for right-wing propaganda.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
And Fox had to retract the Seth Rich nonsense.

Didn't see anyone stepping down over that, did we?

How about Breitbart or Infowars? Would they let go or force any of their "journalists" to quit if they weren't crossing all their T's and dotting their I's?

I think it's a question worth asking...

Suppose theres no difference between Breitbart and CNN, nope...couldnt be...

Also, we know the truth about "Russia/Trump collusion"...there is none. We dont know the truth about Seth's murder, but it didnt stop certain left/progressive groups from threatening Fox's advertisers because some Fox employees were keeping the story in the headlines.

We did see Milo resign from breitbart for a certain, slightly different reason (not from a forced story retraction)

In the end, youre simply comparing apples & oranges.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Look at this!

click!

Make a thread on it! I can't because it's a pain on my phone, but I saw this linked on the "other" site which cannot be mentioned.
edit on 26-6-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Any idea what they'll be doing for a living from here?

Ducks and covers ... LOL

They now have adequate credentials to get a job working at WaPo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join