It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump May Have a Profound Affect on the Supreme Court for the Next 30 Years...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Like it or not...

If Trump can stay out of trouble,he could win Re-Election.

He could end up reshaping the entire balance of the Supreme Court.

Now, this thread is not to talk about individual Justice's health.

He hasn't been in office just six months and he has one.

The SC. is the most important group of people in our Government.

They control not only law and order, they also control many Social issues.

I don't pretend to know how far "Right" Trump would take the Court.

Unless something happens, and the Russia thing is fallacy.

It seems President Trump may be able to shape the Court for 30 years.

Thoughts ? Prayers ? Suicide note ?

edit on 26-6-2017 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
He may appoint 3 before his first term is up. One will retire before the new year and Ginsberg won't be too much longer.
edit on 26-6-2017 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I don't know. Trump can only nominate. There nothing that says the Senate can't tell him, "Nope!"

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I hope he picks true Americans, libertarians who respect freedom.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Fingers crossed. I don't care how profane or immature he is. He has balls, and it takes balls to lead a country to a better future. Barack's balls were rattling around the bottom of Michelle's purse somewhere.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I don't know. Trump can only nominate. There nothing that says the Senate can't tell him, "Nope!"

True,

But, lots of people liked his list...

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak

It wasn't Michele, but the purse is correct

Touché

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Senate is majority GOP....a "no" isn't likely.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

lucky there are checks and balances in place to weed out nominees who may not be suitable for the office of supreme court justice.

steps to appoint a supreme court judge:

1. nomination - president selects a potential justice
2. confirmation - the senate judiciary committee conducts hearings to determine if the candidate is a suitable choice for the position.
3. recess appointments - [The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session. ] text taken from wikipedia

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Good. Better than some whiney bitch or some black president who cries all the time.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Kennedy is rumored to be stepping down.

I like how Trump will get to shape the destiny of SCOTUS, but still am in favor of term limits.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

True,

But, lots of people liked his list...

I agree. Still ... he's not gonna get away with anything 'totally Trumpish' ... and that's a good thing.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Trump will stay out of trouble because there is no trouble for him to get into. Sure he will continue to piss people off with some of his not so well thought out Twitter rants.

He is going to be POTUS for 8 years. The psychotic dems are seeing to that on a daily basis with their hysterical lamentations.

I'm not a far right or even right anything. But honestly to counter the massive swing to the left this country has taken over the last 8 years I would be just fine with Trump appointing a far right nominee for SCOTUS. It will help balance out the absolutely bat sh!t crazy left and their bat sh!t crazy agenda.

edit on 26-6-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yourmomsentme
Good. Better than some whiney bitch or some black president who cries all the time.

and they are both miles ahead of you in intellect, and maturity.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Hope he appoints Ted Cruz.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Yourmomsentme

and they are both miles ahead of you in intellect, and maturity.

Intellect...no doubt. Well I am sure Obama is more intelligent. Hillary?!?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

Trump will stay out of trouble because there is no trouble for him to get into. Sure he will continue to piss people off with some of his not so well thought out Twitter rants.

He is going to be POTUS for 8 years. The psychotic dems are seeing to that on a daily basis with their hysterical lamentations.

I'm not a far right or even right anything. But honestly to counter the massive swing to the left this country has taken over the last 8 years I would be just fine with Trump appointing a far right nominee for SCOTUS. It will help balance out the absolutely bat sh!t crazy left and their bat sh!t crazy agenda.

massive swing to the left over the last 8 years?....lol......you're the one that's hysterical, but nice try for some made-up outrage trying to desperately get a rise out of somebody here.
edit on 26-6-2017 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Reading some of the decisions from today I so far really like Gorsuch. He seems to be an originalist that is very bright.

Truthfully, I feel the Scotus has too much power. I would like to see the legislative branch, which is the branch closets to the people, start to be more effective in their job. It seems they are near irrelevant at this point, with the executive deciding things such as wars, immigration policy, etc, and the Scotus and other courts legislating from the bench.

To any democrats or left leaning people that fear Trump shifting the direction of the court;

Don't worry too much. Instead of relying on activist judges, you need only win elections and get laws passed, amendments if need be.

This is a better system because it reflects the will of the people better than activists judges like those on the 9th circuit that feel it is their job to make law.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

He is pretty much locked into his list of 21.

I looked over the list...

Seems like some pretty reasonable people.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

yup, good thing the "will of the people" wants to give out massive tax breaks to the wealthiest, and cut out those silly banking rules, and make the EPA safe for businesses to pollute, and throw granny out of her nursing home, and making sure poor people don't have a pot to piss in....."ahhhh...I love the smell of napalm in the morning"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join