It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP can go to hell.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Grambler

Then why is the veterans health care so poorly run. Even after the corruption has been pointed out publicly for years, it is STILL a disaster.

Because even with VA healthcare we are unwilling to fully commit to their care. We do not allow them to go anywhere they want to get care and cover the expenses.

A UHC system would allow them to get care anywhere they wish. We do not allow the private caregivers the chance to compete for that money.

Notice how it says medicare is 4o TRILLION in debt.

I can agree. We are spending our money in the wrong places.

Why are we spending our money on war/defense is such astronomical amounts to create vets/medical issues instead of spending what we already pay to make our nation healthier?

We need to re-evaluate our priorities.

And screw it, let the kids in the future pay for it, right?

We could easily pay for it without passing the debt to our kids if we had our # together.

Problem is, we don't have our # together.

I agree with you that the government spends frivolously. They always do.

Yet you want to give them complete control over health care?

But I am glad to see you admit that the government as it is today could not even come close to affording universal health care.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: introvert
I feel the same way as you about the markets, but it seems that when they take a major jolt, it doesn't matter if you are invested or not... you end up being negatively effected in one way or another.

Of course we are all negatively affected.

When the markets dive, we must make-up for the losses of the big dogs by paying higher prices at the stores.

They make their small losses back, comparatively-speaking, and we pay for that as well while we also lose on our own IRA's/stocks.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I did not say that.

But I am glad to see you admit that the government as it is today could not even come close to affording universal health care.

It very well could, if we re-prioritized.

Get away from war and focus on the people at home.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Birth control is pretty cheap

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I did not say that.

It very well could, if we re-prioritized.

Get away from war and focus on the people at home.

But that is a total non sequitur.

If we stopped all of the wars and bases and such, then we would pay less tax money, and wouldn't need government ran health care.

And you keep saying it wouldn't be government controlled health care.

Then how would it be done?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

If we stopped all of the wars and bases and such, then we would pay less tax money, and wouldn't need government ran health care

I did not say anything about bases.

Even if we stopped both, as you assert, we would still need to cover the healthcare costs of those that cannot afford it. There is no way around that, unless you advocate for a free-for-all.

And you keep saying it wouldn't be government controlled health care.

You said "complete" control. What I assert would not be complete control because the private market would still be in play to provide services.

Then how would it be done?

Very complicated answer. It would take pages to explain that.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well I will assume until you explain it that Bernie has done more research than you, and his plan would put us trillions in debt.

Yes private people would be paid, but the government would control all MONEY for health care, hence they would control it.

And as always, the would be corrupt and incompetent.

I mean you literally have admitted that this plan is unworkable unless the entire government changes, which will not happen.

You are not interested in reality, you are interested in utopia.

In reality, universal healthcare would cost trillions more to the already 40 trillion of debt that we have left for our children in the name of providing health care, and would make that care far less effective.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

if they were to take themselves out of healthcare, well...
in some areas of the country, like mine, over 50% of the revenue that the caregivers are getting are from gov't programs...
so, that's would probably mean close to a 50% drop in revenue, and alot less patients.. that would mean not so many doctors, nurses, radiologists, ect being needed, and those that were still working, would have to accept a cut in pay...

the costs would go down, but at what price??

In addition to potentially increasing the number of uninsured by 23 million and being unequivocally unpopular, House Republicans’ Obamacare replacement plan could leave nearly a million people unemployed.

That’s according to a new study published Wednesday by the Milken Institute School of Public Health at George Washington University and The Commonwealth Fund projects, which finds that the U.S. economy could see a loss of 924,000 jobs by 2026 if the American Health Care Act (AHCA) becomes law.

thinkprogress.org...

and the bill doesn't even get the gov't out of healthcare, it still if throwing a ton of money into in many different ways!!
chips, medicare, medicaid, drug research, grants that help hospitals buy equipment, ect...

by refusing to help those who need help somewhere in the lower middle of the income brackets, you are forcing these people to let themselves fall into a bracket that is low enough to get the help they need and breaking up families, which cuts the pool of taxes that is supposed to pay for all this crap!!! or maybe they will just keep burning the credit cards buying their $100 or more drugs and doctors and building up their debt till they run off the financial cliff. but, very few will manage to get themselves in a position where they can actually afford to live comfortably. and if the do, they will be lucky if inflation doesn't catch up to and pass them and they find themselves in the same position that they started from.

healthcare is the big one, but this is happening in housing, child care, food, education, wherever the gov't has seen fit to help the poor. if you don't unwind this crap very, very carefully, the whole danged economy will blow up in our faces... which to be honest, wouldn't bother me as much as sitting here and watching this crap continue on!!

but, there is a way to unwind it without a crash landing...

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Cutting wasteful spending is not the same thing as eliminating maternity coverage. lol more fear mongering. The reason why it cuts less important coverage is to lower the cost. Otherwise you can have OBozocare and pay 50k a year because no young and healthy people are signing up.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

Maybe I am wrong, but I think the bill kind of eliminates the idea of there being anything that would be considered a federal gov't mandated essential coverage. which means you'd better get used to carefully reading and understanding the policy you are considering buying again. maternity care is being centered on here, but it could be mental health, preventive care, hospitalizations, anything really...

edit on 26-6-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

the republicans are just getting started on F'in over the poor and middle class. more EXCITING legislation to follow!!

Really?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Yep...

I was pissed because after my last one was born my wife had her tubes tied and we still had to pay maternity....and it wasn't cheap.

I think the bigger issue is the providers charges and the pharma lobbying. If those were brought to reasonable prices then health insurance would also decrease.

Confirmed. As someone who worked in a US hospital for a great many years, the over-pricing of supplies is insane. Twenty dollars for a Tylenol tablet? Not even a Tylenol 3. Just your regular old Tylenol. If they use a couple of gauze on you, they charge you for the entire package, which makes sense because of sterility, but the markup on that package is off the charts.

Until hospitals and doctors offices are no longer owned or run by huge medical corporations, nothing will change on that front. Big Pharma will do everything it can to keep the status quo as well.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

a reply to: Teikiatsu

even the colonies "did that"!!!

...and the States are free to try out programs like that, not the Federal Government, with the support of their People.

Note that I said the Federal Government was never intended to do any of that.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Birth costs and medical costs in general wouldnt be so high if we didnt have all the BS the Dems have created. There is so much regulation and paperwork that it takes an army of people for doctors to get paid. It takes over a billion dollars to get one drug approved by the FDA and you still spend a billion if they dont approve it, etc.... Basically medical care is so messed up in this country because the governments got their dirty little paws all over it mucking it up. So if your pissed about the cost of childbirth you might look at some of the policies the Democ-rats have created that drives up the cost.

And lets not forget that the so called Affordable Healthcare Act, passed by only Democratic votes made most insurance worthless because the deductibles are so damn high you have to be half dead before your benefits kick in.
edit on 27-6-2017 by Trumpamania because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac
that is a common scam you pay something completely off then months later you get a creditor contacting you that if you pay now they will knock off half you owe contact the hospitals finacial department and tell them about it also when you pay a bill off get them to stamp it paid in full and keep all your receipts. i think what trump is trying to do is get the repubs on board whith nationalized healthcare that cuts out the insurance thieves completely . and i truly hope the repubs.and the donkey party can come toghter and pass this for the good of every citizen. one of the worst drains on the medicaid system is all the illegals in sanctuary states and cities having illegal access to it.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The biggest problem is so many want federal involvement and in most cases we don't need it. Why should the Federal Government even be in the ACA business at all. People gave Romney a hard time that he did his own ACA, but the big difference is he did it at the STATE level, the people of the STATE voted it in, the people of the STATE then need to pay for their own ACA at the STATE level.

It is that simple, you do not like how the STATE runs things move to a STATE that you like. We are called a Republic of 50 United States...let the STATES decide on how they want things to be in the vast majority of these situations. If the STATE wants free clinics then the STATE taxes can pay for it all, once again voted by those who actual live their and get direct benefit.

If a failing STATE like Illinois wants a socialized system then they can have it...I'm not living there...ever, so have at it if that is what they want to vote on.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

a reply to: amfirst1

Maybe I am wrong, but I think the bill kind of eliminates the idea of there being anything that would be considered a federal gov't mandated essential coverage. which means you'd better get used to carefully reading and understanding the policy you are considering buying again. maternity care is being centered on here, but it could be mental health, preventive care, hospitalizations, anything really...

You're exactly right. It will be like buying a car. Don't want a Sun Roof? Don't buy a car that has one.

A welcome change from ObamaCare where all the cars came with sun roofs, 8-cylinders, fog lights, deluxe sound system, etc... And you pay for it, whether you wanted it all or not.

FREEDOM OF CHOICE is part of what makes America great!

I know people who will CRY WITH JOY if ObamaCare is repealed. (Replace is optional)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

But Oh no - gotta war and bitch and complain when average Joe is broke, house repossessed, working 2 jobs etc.

LOL - yeah the 'GOP' is to blame.

LOL

Dude Obama was going to buy everyone a house... didn't you know...no one needed to work...everything was going to be FREE FREE FREE.

Republicans are the ignorant ones... Liberals are the smarter ones who knows what is best for the country, doesn't everyone know that...here is proof as the typical liberal speaks about what Obama means to them 9 years ago...lol

edit on 27-6-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You common sense wont be tolerated

. I think people should be responsible for their actions. If it hurts your poket then they will probably learn.
Want to have sex then moaning because you cant afford a baby then use your brain people

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join