It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP can go to hell.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I'm a post menopausal widow, no, I'm not... anymore!!!
some are though, or close to it...
www.google.com...=husband+gets+mad+when+i+say+no

but, no method is 100% effective, women can be using birth control and still get pregnant....
I asked this to begin with...

why on earth a poor single mom that has no income whatsoever can have taxpayer funds pay for her to safely deliver her child in the hospital while the taxpayer women who finds that adding maternity care to her health insurance is way too expensive should have to settle for second best and risk her life with a home birth when she would just like the same frigging healthcare that she is paying taxes for the other women to have in the hospital environment!!! good luck on that one!

congratulations, some of yas have brought to this!!

why on earth a poor single mom that has no income whatsoever can have a healthy relationship with a man and taxpayer funds pay for her to safely deliver her child in the hospital while the taxpayer women who finds that adding maternity care to her health insurance is way too expensive should have to settle for unhealthy relationships with no sex or second best and risk her life with a home birth when she would just like the same frigging healthcare that she is paying taxes for the other women to have in the hospital environment!!! good luck on that one!

seems to me, it just might cause a few women to end up on the welfare rolls and medicaid, where they won't have much worry at all, after their marriage breaks up!!!

edit on 28-6-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

inconsiderate to outlaw abortion? Never imagined such a flippant expression to describe the taking of a life
wow! cant you do better/ something like;
the sick evil republicans want to take away the right OF a woman
to kill and remove her perfect helpless viable unborn innocent human baby
edit on 28-6-2017 by heavymental because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

What's up with the troll title

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: BlueAjah

and, since most people still get their insurance through the employer.... it's much cheaper that way ya know....
it will be up to the employer if he chooses to include the maternity care in their policy... and yes... some will choose to do this, just like they didn't before,

Where do you get this distorted view of reality?

Before Obamacare, employers offered plans that included care for childbirth. They would likely not attract workers if they did not. Employers will continue to do what they always did and include this coverage even with no mandate.

This part of the health care plan is just going to the way things were before Obamacare, which was fine. I have no idea why you are still getting so worked up about this when it has been explained to you by many.

The only reason Obamacare made this a mandate was because for some reason they thought it was more fair if everyone was required to chip in to pay for others to have babies. This is silly. It is those who pay for their own individual coverage who were harmed by this mandate.

edit on 6/28/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Lucky you. If you have to pay for your own health care coverage, you can now select a less expensive plan that does not include childbirth coverage.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Under a last-minute amendment added to the bill, states would be allowed to opt out of the regulations that the Affordable Care Act currently imposes on insurance plans. For example, states could obtain a waiver to opt out of Obamacare’s regulations requiring coverage for “essential health benefits,” a set of benefits standardized under the existing health law that includes services like maternity care and mental health treatment. States could also bypass Obamacare’s limits on out-of-pocket expenses for costly illnesses.

So big employers — which are typically always looking to lower the cost of providing health care — could choose the most lenient state-level standards to make their overhead costs cheaper.

why on earth when a poor single mom that has no income whatsoever can have taxpayer funds pay for her to safely deliver her child in the hospital while the taxpayer women who finds that adding maternity care to her health insurance is way too expensive should have to settle for second best and risk her life with a home birth when she would just like the same frigging healthcare that she is paying taxes for the other women to have in the hospital environment!!! good luck on that one!

why on earth when a poor single mom that has no income whatsoever can have a healthy relationship with a man and taxpayer funds pay for her to safely deliver her child in the hospital while the taxpayer women who finds that adding maternity care to her health insurance is way too expensive should have to settle for unhealthy relationships with no sex or settle for second best healthcare and risk her life with a home birth when she would just like the same frigging healthcare that she is paying taxes for the other women to have in the hospital environment!!! good luck on that one!

if your only answer is that it might save you or a few businesses a few dollars, then I am sorry, it's an inadequate answer.

thinkprogress.org...

the employer based insurance plans had to meet the same requirements as the individual ones... so yes, if those requirements are stripped, employers would be free to offer insurance plans that don't include maternity care.

The only reason Obamacare made this a mandate was because for some reason they thought it was more fair if everyone was required to chip in to pay for others to have baby. This is silly.

no, the women would be paying for their own danged insurance policy just like you would be... and, if one of their health needs happens to be maternity care, it would cover that care, just like if you needed your gall bladder removed, your insurance would cover that..
tell me, would everyone be chipping in and paying for that gall bladder to be removed or would you see it more like your insurance premiums paid for you to have that benefit???

I am making a big deal of it because quite frankly I find some of the arguments against the idea of insurance policies carrying maternity care to be rather offensive to be honest!!

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

no, I am lucky because I've been forced into retirement early and don't have to worry about paying any federal or state taxes!! the taxpayers won't be so lucky though because alot of those women who find that their insurance will no longer cover maternity care will turn to medicaid and be please to find that they are much more receptive to pregnant women and allow them to take advantage of the program at a much higher income!!!
and then.... YOU WILL BE PAYING FOR THEM TO HAVE THEIR BABIES!! congratulations, you've just managed to shift the cost from the insurance companies who are promising you lower premiums (weather they are telling you the truth or not, yet to be seen), over to the taxpayers!!! hurrah!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
What are you snivelin' about?

The last time I went to the hospital, they tried to charge me almost $9K for an outpatient surgery. They wound up gettin' paid something close to $3K.

That's what you should be complaining about. That some damn care facility can 'arbitrarily' charge you.

This is the problem. The days before I had insurance I went in to the emergency clinic for a Black Widow bite. I went to the receptionist and said that I woke up with this thing and that I didn't know what it was and I need a price before anything. I was told it would be around $1800 and insurance would cover it. "But, ma'am, I don't have insurance and I can't afford that." Just a minute she says, then disappears though a door for less then a minute, comes back and says it'll be $40. $1800 to $40, what? I didn't say that, I stated how thankful I was and took the forms to fill out.

Went back to see the Doctor and after he took a scalpel to it and gave me a prescription for antibiotics. I asked about the price difference. He was extremely cool about it and explained that the 1st price was with an x-ray and we just skipped that and he said he knew what it was right away when he saw it.

This happened several times by the way. I would go to the clinic get a price and then get a much lower price. So, basically is the answer to figure out how to pay the price they give with insurance/assistance or is it to regulate them from adding unnecessary costly procedures?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join