It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP can go to hell.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Seriously. Birth costs A LOT of money. The average household can hardly afford the crazy prices we have in America, and the gop wants to change medicaid coverage for births.. Why?

Seriously. Looking for some consistency - do you want people to be able to have kids, or do you want more abortions sought out because a birth can literally bankrupt someone if no aid is given?

The gop seriously makes me frustrated sometimes.

Reddit post that has me upset

edit on 26-6-2017 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2017 by deadlyhope because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
What are you snivelin' about?

The last time I went to the hospital, they tried to charge me almost $9K for an outpatient surgery. They wound up gettin' paid something close to $3K.

That's what you should be complaining about. That some damn care facility can 'arbitrarily' charge you.

+33 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Rubbers are cheaper than both abortion and childbirth.

Just sayin.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I got charged $34,000 for an appendectomy a little over a month ago. The cost of medical procedures is insane!

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
Seriously. Birth costs A LOT of money. The average household can hardly afford the crazy prices we have in America, and the gop wants to change medicaid coverage for births.. Why?

Seriously. Looking for some consistency - do you want people to be able to have kids, or do you want more abortions sought out because a birth can literally bankrupt someone if no aid is given?

Are you suggesting that if a pregnant woman goes into labor, a hospital will refuse to help her if she can't pay for it?

If thats not the case, then you are not making a moral argument, but a finacial one.

In which case, how can you justify stealing other peoples money to pay for other peoples labor costs?

link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

If they cave to pressure from Democrats, and refuse to repeal ObamaCare, I will want them to go to hell too!

link   
a reply to: Snarl

Link

sorry, going to include this in OP, just was on mobile and was tougher to create.

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I think that you might be misunderstanding.

The new bill only removes the REQUIREMENT that health plans include maternity. It does not say that you can not get a health plan that includes maternity.

This is a good move. Obamacare had a stupid requirement that ALL plans include maternity. This meant that a single man or an older couple would need to pay for a plan that includes maternity. With the new policy, there will be less expensive plans available that do not include maternity coverage for those that do not need it. We will have a choice again. This is just putting things back the way that they were before.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I can't believe the OP I just read. Everyone has been saying ATS is nothing but an alt-right echo chamber.

Anyway, it might help if you gave a link or explained exactly what they want to change that will effect the cost of having a baby.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Close to 50% of births are covered by medicaid.

But, this is the same party that would outlaw abortions if they could.

GOP is inconsistent and inconsiderate all at once.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Supposedly they want to cut medicaid as well source

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I paid off all my medical bills a free weeks ago.
Today in the mail I got a letter saying I still owe them money, and if I pay it this week they'll cut my bill in half.
That tells me they overcharge by double in the first place, if not more.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I think that you might be misunderstanding.

The new bill only removes the REQUIREMENT that health plans include maternity. It does not say that you can not get a health plan that includes maternity.

This is a good move. Obamacare had a stupid requirement that ALL plans include maternity. This meant that a single man or an older couple would need to pay for a plan that includes maternity. With the new policy, there will be less expensive plans available that do not include maternity coverage for those that do not need it. We will have a choice again. This is just putting things back the way that they were before.

Yep...

I was pissed because after my last one was born my wife had her tubes tied and we still had to pay maternity....and it wasn't cheap.

I think the bigger issue is the providers charges and the pharma lobbying. If those were brought to reasonable prices then health insurance would also decrease.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

The average household can hardly afford the crazy prices we have in America, and the gop wants to change medicaid coverage for births.. Why?

To stop overpopulation, preferably by those who might be considered undesirable?

Just spitballing.

Edit: My bad for responding to the OP and not the news.

Hit me with the negative stick. Oh wait, that can't happen.

Mods, make a negative stick!!!

edit on 26-6-2017 by Jonjonj because: cos

edit on 26-6-2017 by Jonjonj because: added the edit thingy

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I do not see in your source where it says anything about specifically cutting maternity care from Medicare. Can you please point that out?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The worst thing :
Using 2 RedZit posts for sources.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Partisan bickering. Kick them all out of office.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

I want people to have kids..dare I say it... when they can afford them and be responsible. When I was in my 20s the last thing I needed was a kid or two or five. If you can hardly make it without kids, don't have them yet!!

I waited until I was 38, wife was 31... Another thing people can do is wait until they have a job that provides healthcare like 70% of the workforce has today... Timing is everything and if all you got is medicaid I would say that is bad timing....geez

edit on 26-6-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Mods, make a negative stick!!!

I think you should keep a tally in your signature block.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Honestly, I sort of like the way this Healthcare debate is going.

While the GOP is trying to trash Obamacare and come up with it's own HC plan, more and more people are getting keen on the idea of a universal system. Even some on the Right.

That is where we are going to end up anyway. A UHC system. This is just political charades delaying the inevitable, but it's pushing people to look at the benefits of a UHC system.
edit on 26-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join