It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobel-winning economists come out against Senate healthcare bill

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Economist, I think that's short for 'person with no experience who claims to have valid economic solutions.'

So now we're dismissing all economists. Ok.

Also, the nobel prize is a joke. It's just a popularity contest.

Your opinion.

While we may question whether or not Obama deserved the Nobel Peace Price, I hardly think Nobel prize winners the likes of Einstein, Mandeal, King, Fleming and Wilson were awarded this based on 'popularity'. The people influenced generations.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Heres how you fix this. Axe the middleman out of the picture. Get rid of the blood sucking insurance companies. Single payer- no premiums, no deductables, no co-pays -- and its all paid for more efficiently by removing the for-profit insurance company middleman.
edit on 27-6-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Heres how you fix this. Axe the middleman out of the picture. Get rid of the blood sucking insurance companies. Single payer- no premiums, no deductables, no co-pays -- and its all paid for more efficiently by removing the for-profit insurance company middleman.

Can you explain this to the people who wrote Trumpcare? Preferably in small words with short sentences or 140 word Twitter messages.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

While we may question whether or not Obama deserved the Nobel Peace Price, I hardly think Nobel prize winners the likes of Einstein, Mandeal, King, Fleming and Wilson were awarded this based on 'popularity'. The people influenced generations.

That was back in the day, before the Nobel committee was subverted by the globalists.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
Nobel Prizes lost all credibility when Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize......

I heard you can now get them in.....

Here you go..

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

I wouldn't trust hospitals to bill the government for a fair price.

Think of your health like a car. If every time you went in for maintenance or the mechanic, imagine the government paid the bill. I think the auto repair industry would become very lucrative.

With all the advanced treatments, equipment, facilities and drugs for every type of disease, healthcare is akin to every single person maintaining a million dollar car.

The only solution I see is to bring the cost of healthcare way, way down. Or convince retirees to live overseas.

A $600 plane ticket could reduce a $500,000 treatment down to $10,000 for a lot of non-emergency cases.

<< 1  2   >>

join