It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobel-winning economists come out against Senate healthcare bill

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
6 of them apparently. When Nobel winning economists come out against your bill then you should get the hint:

A group of economists that includes six Nobel Prize winners is expressing opposition to Senate Republicans' legislation to replace ObamaCare, arguing that it "threatens reduced coverage and higher costs for those who continue to have it."

In a letter to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), the economists wrote that "the Senate bill would narrow coverage, and by driving relatively healthy people from the market, raise premiums for those who remain."

thehill.com...

Last month we had the CBO warned us that the GOP's original healthcare bill would leave 23 million uninsured. They've revised this to 22 million for the senate bill. The majority GOP held congress can't seem to muster enough support for the previous bill or this senate healthcare bill. They had to revise it again. it doesn't help either that the American Medical Association has come out opposing the legislation:
www.cnbc.com...

Nobody can seem to explain or justify this replacement law. It just sounds as though those who support it support it on the basis of Trumps support and getting rid of Obamacare. It's a mess.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The medical mafia is a very strong and influential lobby.

The US population is not as important as the medical lobby, this how we had O-care and this goat screw.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

edit on 26-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Obamacare is giving us "reduced coverage and higher costs" already.

What difference does it make?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

The fact they are NPP recipients means nothing. I mean come on...they gave one to Obama. Seriously...they GAVE a Nobel Peace Prize to Barrack Obama one year into his presidency.

If that doesn't tell you the Nobel Peace Prize is purely political then I don't know what does.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Even you can't bring yourself to explain or justify this replacement. All you did in your post was argue that some mysterious lobbyist group is behind all this opposition.

Do you think this bill will be good for the american people? Can you bring yourself to actually justify your support?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

They are likely acting as a mouthpiece for someone else. I didn't see any expert critics like this for Obamacare, which was not a good bill. I find that to be interesting as well.

Where have these Nobel-winning Economists been while the US has gotten itself into $20 trillion in debt and the Federal Reserve has been printing and pumping $267 billion of "fresh liquidity" into the market between January and March of this year? www.cnbc.com...

The US Economy is likely going to hell in a handbasket and all people can do is crap on Trump and Republicans (I am not a Republican or a staunch defender of Trump, by the way).

edit on 26-6-2017 by FamCore because: typo

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

I was also going to be critical of the absolute Joke the NPP has become, but that's just another layer to this stinky onion!

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Like all the other alarmists, they have no solution. Just whining.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Obamacare is giving us "reduced coverage and higher costs" already.

So now the excuse is Obamacare is already bad, so who cares if this bill may be worse or just as bad.

Even some of the avid supporters of this bill can't seem to deny how terrible it is.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I do not justify this bill.

If we do not get the medical monster under control, it will bankrupt this nation.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Nobel Prizes lost all credibility when Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize......

I heard you can now get them in.....

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I do not justify this bill.

Then why defend it?

You yourself admit you can't support it. So why be defensive? You know this bill is terrible.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

What gives you the idea I support this bill?

Quote please.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Didn't Obama win one of those? If so it can be that reputable

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
6 of them apparently. When Nobel winning economists come out against your bill then you should get the hint:

A group of economists that includes six Nobel Prize winners is expressing opposition to Senate Republicans' legislation to replace ObamaCare, arguing that it "threatens reduced coverage and higher costs for those who continue to have it."

In a letter to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), the economists wrote that "the Senate bill would narrow coverage, and by driving relatively healthy people from the market, raise premiums for those who remain."

thehill.com...

Last month we had the CBO warned us that the GOP's original healthcare bill would leave 23 million uninsured. They've revised this to 22 million for the senate bill. The majority GOP held congress can't seem to muster enough support for the previous bill or this senate healthcare bill. They had to revise it again. it doesn't help either that the American Medical Association has come out opposing the legislation:
www.cnbc.com...

Nobody can seem to explain or justify this replacement law. It just sounds as though those who support it support it on the basis of Trumps support and getting rid of Obamacare. It's a mess.

The GOP leadership doesn't have any balls. If they did, they'd just write a one page bill repealing Obamacare in it's entirety and call it a day. The problem is the GOP, just like Democrats, are trying to appease a bunch of lobbyist and other agendas. The reality is that the GOP RINOs/Leadership likes Obamacare or at least they don't want to repeal it out of fear of how it might make them look in the liberal media despite the fact half the country has been voting them in office to do such a thing.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Lets get rid of all of it.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It doesn't take an Academic economist to realize that trickle down economics has never worked.

Trumps own party won't even support him.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Trump is the only economist America believes in. bigly.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Did they come out against the ACA? If not they apparently suck at their job despite their apparent accomplishments.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join