It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Time travel possible ? And wht use will it have if there multiple universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
we have seen lots of movies with time travel but is it possible.

there was a report where some scientist are using laser to make it work. On the principle that laser as it approches speed of light will transport infomation or object into a different time.

and what use will it have if we have different versions of the universe. things will just be transported to a different version.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
There were some exsperiments in germany, i cant remember the thread or the projects name..
They manaed to slow down time i believe.
Now time isnt really sensible as with much of nature...
You ask any scientist why things happen why they ACTUALLY happen not how but why and they will tell they dont know...

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I remember watching an old sci-fi movie in which a group of people go back in time. The movie was cheesy but I do remember a quote that stuck with me for a long time. One man ask 'How many universes are they?', the other replied 'infinite'. The man then asked 'If there are infinite universes then which one has a God in it and which one has the path in which God planned for humanity?'

Or something along those lines...

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
You can obviously travel forward in time, we're doing it right now. As a time traveller it doesn't matter how quickly or slowly time passes, as long as your body is not aware of the external (real) time. Cryogenics is a bit like time travelling into the future.

As for travelling backward in time, I don't believe it's possible. You can observe the past if you catch up with the light, but it's impossible to exist in and alter what you're observing.

The multiple universe theory has no merit. No matter how random some things may appear to us, there is only one true outcome/output of any single action/event. Multiple universes would be completely redundant.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
30 seconds with google turned this up
For the purpose of studying religion, Einstein's special relativity confirms that no "person" can time travel to the past. This is explained in practical terms by the idea of traveling faster than light speed. If you could get into a space ship and travel faster than light speed, then you could time travel back to when your mother or father was a child and play games.
www.harvardhouse.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Link
check out

While I wont against the current law of physics it is worth noting that 400 years ago that people thought it was impossible to sail past the equator. People will travel faster then light just not in my life time.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Well the whole deal about multiple universes is because of the thought of travelling into the past. Simply put, if an object were to travel 10 minutes into the past, the scientists in the past would've been puzzled long enough so that they wouldn't of sent the object through at the same time as the first. Even more, in order for time travel to of occured, there would now be two of the same item in the same timeframe. Yet, if the event were to of disrupted whatever caused the object to timetravel, the travel wouldn't exists and the object and event wouldn't of ever occurred.

That would make the object that went into the past an object from a different dimension as it is now repeating time, yet not the same way it originally occured. Yet, for the scientist in the future that sent the object, they too would either blow away from existance from their moment or not be affected at all. In all, the ball would see the same scientists, but in different situations which would be impossible for the future scientists to ever expierience. Hence, multiple dimensions.

The thought of time travel scares me because if it truely exists, it would've been accomplished and it's effects would go unnoticed. Whatever changes that were made in time would appear as regular events that prevent an outcome that'll never be seen.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
One thing that confuses me when people talk about time travel is this:

Apparently if you travel faster than the speed of light( or take a shorter route) you travel back in time, a popular anology is that if you are at one side of a black hole and you 'fly across the event horizon' to the other side, the image of you on the other side will have to travel around and therefore will take longer, this means that you will arive before you leave. Bull&*£t, You will arrive before the image of you leave, you are at one side and your image is at the other, not you.

Any theory that works on the bases of traveling faster than the speed of light to travel back in timeis crap, only your image arrives later not you.

However time dilation due to special relativity is real and measurable, experminents have been done using airplanes and atomic clocks.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
you can supposodly astral time traval into the past and then back, without affecting your current time line as that is compartmentalized, you cannot however astral time traval into the future.

not sure about the multiple universes idea, though there is supposodly infinite timelines of this one, which it is said you can astral time travel into.

[edit on 20-2-2005 by MysticOfRadiance]

pao

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
i want to combine this with the live to be 1000 thread then i could really do some damage

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
edit previous post, infinite timelines, not as such infinite timelines of this one, but around, so the use of time travel could also be to move around and into past timelines.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Time is the measurement of the speed in which the earth travels through the Universe. It is a spatial measurement as well as a concept to arrange the timeline of events in our lives.

You travel back in time one hour. The earth has traveled 18,000 miles in that one hour. You are now a free floating object gasping for air in the vacuum of space.
Time travel cannot occur outside the mechanical realities of the UNiverse we live in.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
i think time travel can only be done astrally.

new topics

top topics

join