It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court partly reinstates Trump travel ban, fall arguments set

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The United States Supreme Court has re-instated some of the Trump's "Travel Ban" Executive Order.

The full case will be in front of the Court probably in October.

Read the story for details...

Court partly reinstates Trump travel ban, fall arguments set

WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court is letting a limited version of the Trump administration ban on travel from six mostly Muslim countries to take effect, a victory for President Donald Trump in the biggest legal controversy of his young presidency.

The court said Monday the ban on visitors from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen could be enforced as long as they lack a "credible claim of a bona fide relationship with a person or entity in the United States." The justices will hear arguments in the case in October.

Trump said last week that the ban would take effect 72 hours after being cleared by courts.

Oh Boy

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well that is useless...

As long as a terrorist knows an American they get around his ban..

Boy, that is rock solid!!

So basically it is a ban on imigrants who don't know any Americans... do we have many immigrants who don't know ANYONE here???

Seems like this will effect 5 people.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Safety....yeah i can handle that.....im sorry but if you are a refugee fleeing your home country you shouldnt be allowed to go back.

(post by Denoli removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Well that is useless...

So basically it is a ban on imigrants who don't know any Americans... do we have many immigrants who don't know ANYONE here???

I bet the Administration will be "handling" some "issues" --- "under-the-table"

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissCoyote
Safety....yeah i can handle that.....im sorry but if you are a refugee fleeing your home country you shouldnt be allowed to go back.

What ?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

No comming and going.....as a refugee...if you're a student here on a student visa thats one thing but if you're a refugee fleeing your country you shouldnt be going back. No im not an islamphobe or whatever the buzzword for it is these days. Im just saying if you're here your here.
Given all the terror attacks going on better to be safe than sorry.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Big win for the Administration. The failing russian collusion narrative, fake dossier by a democrat and hillary funded org, Fusion GPS, lynch under investigation, man....so much #winning, President Trump was right!!

I'm serioulsy loving our new President, somebody who "gets us" and gets things done. Having the best time of my life!

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well I guess the protest propagandist the anti Trump agenda killers will be in full force to make sure that they interrupt as many travelers as they can that had nothing to do with the ban.

Can not wait for the permanent tent cities that will be erected by the liberal media to make sure they don't miss anything.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Well that is useless...

Bona fide relationship is the same language used for visas.

You have not seen extreme vetting until you have to prove your marriage to a foreigner is a bonafide relationship. It takes many months or years.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MissCoyote

But what if a "refugee" wants to go back ?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It is about time. We get a President that wants to protect the country and it has to go to the supreme court for it to happen. Does anyone else think that the progressives just don't care about our country? It is like they want chaos. I am sure glad that party is destroying themselves.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
It is about time. We get a President that wants to protect the country and it has to go to the supreme court for it to happen. Does anyone else think that the progressives just don't care about our country? It is like they want chaos. I am sure glad that party is destroying themselves.

Agreed.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Well that is useless...

Bona fide relationship is the same language used for visas.

You have not seen extreme vetting until you have to prove your marriage to a foreigner is a bonafide relationship. It takes many months or years.

Depends. My wife and I had a long drawn out process, she came here legally. Her sister came her illegally, got married, and it was a cakewalk for them. None of the numerous rules we had to follow even applied to them. She was also working from day 1, the red tape kept my wife out of work for a year.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Trump administration will win in the end for reasons the court already stated / we already stated in other threads. To me this is scotus allowing the parties to make a final argument as to why it should be stopped and without compelling reasons will fully reinstate the ban.

There really is no win possible for the left.
If scotus rules against them all their reasons for challenging go out the window.
If scotus rules against the administration then the left will get credit for any calamities that result from that decision.

Based on law / constitution I dont see the left winning in October.

Once completed the idiot ass federal / appeals judges who ruled against the temporary ban should be removed.
edit on 26-6-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I agree, the constitution is clear when it comes to the powers of a sitting president.

Too bad in our nation we have judges that think they are above the executive branch and the constitution, when they rule by political affiliations.

edit on 26-6-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Once completed the idiot ass federal / appeals judges who ruled against the temporary ban should be removed.

Yes please.

They even admitted their ruling had nothing to do with the EO or the law and was about Trump. They admitted it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join