It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCOTUS Upholds Stay on Trump Travel Ban

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
No final decision but this is great news. Next up is HR 3003 and HR 3004. Time to keep illegals OUT of the US.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yes, the decision to grant the stay is a big deal for Trump. Which, incidentally, is what I said to begin with.

Somehow you've decided that my saying the block on the travel ban has been nullified and that's a big deal for Trump actually means that what I meant to say is the block stands and the travel ban can't be enforced. And then you proceeded to argue that the block on the ban was lifted by way of SCOTUS granting a stay. Which is exactly what I said, but your hardon for Trump has caused you to repeat the same thing I said as an argument for why what I said is actually wrong.

Bottom line: I said the Court will hear the case and issued a stay that lifts the block on the ban. You said that's wrong, and then "corrected" what I said by repeating the point that the court issued a stay on the block on the ban. You were wrong to declare what I said wrong, and now you're pivoting into how liberals are looking for some silver lining.

Whatever you need to feel better about it, go ahead. But you're arguing against a point I never made, and repeating the same things I already said as if somehow it supports your assertion that I'm wrong. From the onset, you agreed with what I had already said: it's a big deal for Trump, and the court issued a stay allowing the travel ban to go into effect. You wanna argue about something we agree on, knock yourself out but I'm done with it.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

You sure that wasn't for the Trinity day care case? That one was 7-2. This decision was issued Per Curiam, which as I understand it, usually means as the Court acting unanimously and as a whole.

Either way, its a clear decision and a huge win for Trump.

Possibly. I see Zero Hedge is also reporting it as a unanimous decision. The article I was reading mentioned both decisions, so I might well have gotten them mixed up.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

If you agree this is a big win for the Trump then that's great. My bad.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Terrorists are still active in Syria. The ban on Syria should not be lifted until terrorists are eradicated in Syria.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Yeah, I was thinking of the Trinity Lutheran case. And it seems that the other dissenter (besides Sotomayor) was Ginsburg. No surprise.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Trump will amend EO and make it permanent.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It's a good thing there is still a court that upholds the laws and constitution of the country, as opposed to playing activist politics.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Spoken like someone who has no idea what is going on and what this ruling means.

This is about precedent, and about the overreach of liberal activist Judges who were ruling based on party lines and not the law.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Whitehouse official response

Statement from President Donald J. Trump
Today's unanimous Supreme Court decision is a clear victory for our national security. It allows the travel suspension for the six terror-prone countries and the refugee suspension to become largely effective. As President, I cannot allow people into our country who want to do us harm. I want people who can love the United States and all of its citizens, and who will be hardworking and productive. My number one responsibility as Commander in Chief is to keep the American people safe. Today's ruling allows me to use an important tool for protecting our Nation's homeland. I am also particularly gratified that the Supreme Court’s decision was 9-0.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
No surprise. The president via the state department controls who comes in, who doesn't. The president has full power to reduce refugee quota to 0, and there isn't anyone who can call that illegal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join