It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS In Decline?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndTimez
Which stories in your list are not true, which ones do you want deleted?

Better yet, why not ignore the ones he doesn't like or make a thread about a topic he does like.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

5. Trump just ended a long tradition of celebrating Ramadan at the White House

How many people consider that an anti Trump thread?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

And so we can see from that list that the problem isn't the qulity of threads, its the fact you are upset there are more right leaning threads.

You don't comment on rather or not these threads have relevant material, you just assume, right wing thread must not be worth while.

Also, you humorously listed the thread "The Progressive Conditioning" twice. That one must have really burned you.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: EndTimez
Which stories in your list are not true, which ones do you want deleted?

Better yet, why not ignore the ones he doesn't like or make a thread about a topic he does like.

Because this thread isn't about censoring or deleting threads that people don't like. This thread is about the level of abuse being hurled predominantly by members of the alt-right towards everybody that isn't them, the level of hate speech, the level of trolling.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Because this thread isn't about censoring or deleting threads that people don't like.

I have been following and reading the entire thread and there are plenty of people getting twisted about the amount of threads about a particular politician/party.

This thread is about the level of abuse being hurled predominantly by members of the alt-right towards everybody that isn't them, the level of hate speech, the level of trolling.

That is an easily solved dynamic, report it. It gets removed pretty damn quick.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Yep...ATS is pretty 'balanced'

You mean, after eight years of Obama, my party isn't in charge anymore and I'm so butthurt that if there are more pro Republican threads on my favorite forum, I'm going to count them up and point them out?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
We could learn from Aretha:

It's a loose interpretation but you get the point.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

In fairness, I think over the last few years, some people myself included, have become very wary about posting ANYTHING due to the nastiness and childish name calling that may ensue.

I first came here many years ago (lost old password unfortunately) and I'm fairly sure though will stand corrected, that ATS was created from the old Area 51 which I used to peruse. In those days, ATS & Area 51 were places on the fringe, there were philosophers, physicists, radio hams, intellectuals and many more experts in their field. Debate was superb, knowledge abounded and I learnt much. There was respectful disagreement not name calling, politics only reared its head when there was an actual conspiracy and posts were well written informative and insightful. Now we have one line posts, or just a youtube video, we have people that respond without even reading the posts, there are some people that respond even admitting that they have only read the title but still think their opinion is valid and worthwhile. Laziness has crept in big time and no-one is capable of reading more than a paragraph before getting bored. Is it an age thing? Have the millenium generation invaded?

The American obsession for politics, which I admit as a Brit I'll never wrap my head around, to me is bordering on mental illness with some!
and it invades almost every thread wherever possible. It has lead me and others NOT from the US to visit the boards less and less. Non Americans have little to contribute to the sheer number of political posts, they are not particularly our business and are always nasty and argumentative with no conspiracy angle. When I log in I immediately go to NEW topics, and its always flooded with politics, and I have to search for something worthwhile to read. This isn't just limited to ATS mind you, I've been on many boards where the same has happened, even IMDB turned into nothing more than a trollfest and political shouting match. Everyone wants their politics to be heard and insist its correct and no-one is open to discussion or debate with flinging mud, in fact almost every thread becomes the mud pit

I've seen many intelligent clever posters disappear over the last 5yrs or so which is such a shame as I used to so enjoy certain members threads. Wish I knew where they'd gone lol

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I used to love the UFO and paranormal stuff on here BUT, it's all gone so stale in the past 10 yrs especially. There is nothing NEW and exciting like when we first heard about Area 51 and a good juicy story like Bob Lazaar's.

The only stuff we get by way of great conspiracy stuff is the same old rehashed stories that have been going around for 50 years! That and 20 seasons of the stupid garbage included in AA.

I am always looking for good UFO/paranormal stuff to sink my teeth into and there just isn't anything that piques my interest anymore.

And as far as conspiracies, all we have is the stupid RUSSIA/TRUMP conspiracy!

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

I used to love the UFO and paranormal stuff on here BUT, it's all gone so stale in the past 10 yrs especially. There is nothing NEW and exciting like when we first heard about Area 51 and a good juicy story like Bob Lazaar's.

The only stuff we get by way of great conspiracy stuff is the same old rehashed stories that have been going around for 50 years! That and 20 seasons of the stupid garbage included in AA.

I am always looking for good UFO/paranormal stuff to sink my teeth into and there just isn't anything that piques my interest anymore.

And as far as conspiracies, all we have is the stupid RUSSIA/TRUMP conspiracy!

You raise a good point.

Maybe the problem is there is just less new UFO type content being generated OUTSIDE of ATS.

Back when people first started getting on ATS, a lot of people probably never heard a lot of these types of ideas. Everything was so new to so many people that they flocked to hear about it.

But that was years and years of material that instantly became accessible by millions of people.

Now, we are sort of at the mercy of new material coming out and maybe there just isnt enough of it. So maybe that is leading to less posts on these topics.

Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
If ATS is a member-generated site. . .

And ATS is in "decline". . . .

Then membership contribution, which is a reflection of the membership, is sub par.

So basically, this is a thread where people are saying that we suck.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I think too that posters avoid the subject of UFO/Aliens because of the ridicule they will no doubt endure. Constant cries of proof or pics or it didn't happen, instead of discussion or dare I suggest a bit of their own research. I must be old fashioned but if I see a thread I know nothing about I look into it further find other sources etc I rarely just go on the information in the OP.

But I would never ever post in the UFO forum.....I'm too soft to take all the insults and jibes

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

But I would never ever post in the UFO forum.....I'm too soft to take all the insults and jibes

That is simply confidence, you shouldn't fear posting in the UFO forum for one simple reason - NO-ONE, I repeat, NO-ONE, has ever debunked or proven the reality of 'UFO's' so that means, in simple terms, that your opinion carries equal weight to all the others. Debunking particular events does not = debunking the phenomena.

I have debunked lots, with proof of skydivers, drones, birds, etc.

BUT, I want to believe, and my journey to the truth has led me here.

Those that have a go at you for posting a concept, in what is clearly an esoteric subject, are losers - always remember that.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Precisely. I can't count how many amazing contributers who used to post here that have been gone for five to seven years. As I have said, that's the timeframe that ATS drastically changed, 2010-2012... Since, it just hasn't been what it was from 2004-2009. There's not a conspiracy angle here... Just a bunch of partisans trying to convince others, some of us unconvinceable, that their parties, i.e Republican or Democrat, are "great" or "awesome."
edit on 27-6-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I think too that posters avoid the subject of UFO/Aliens because of the ridicule they will no doubt endure. Constant cries of proof or pics or it didn't happen, instead of discussion or dare I suggest a bit of their own research. I must be old fashioned but if I see a thread I know nothing about I look into it further find other sources etc I rarely just go on the information in the OP.

There is a difference between over the line posts which can be reported and removed, vs. posts that are skeptical and want to see proof.

Are people really asking for a community where people only agree with them, and we only discuss UFO's?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

There is a difference between over the line posts which can be reported and removed, vs. posts that are skeptical and want to see proof.

Are people really asking for a community where people only agree with them, and we only discuss UFO's?

A nice progressive community that shields them from the fact that Trump won the election and has not done anything wrong. Perhaps CNN would be wise to start up a forum right about now for these types.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

The answer is simply , yes.
It's sad but true .
For the longest time now this amazing site has been polluted with non stop political vomit.
edit on 27-6-2017 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
youtu.be...

Insanity laughs under pressure we're cracking
Can't we give ourselves one more chance?
Why can't we give love that one more chance?
Why can't we give love, give love, give love, give love, give love, give love, give love, give love?..

'Cause love's such an old-fashioned word
And love dares you to care for
The people on the edge of the night
And love dares you to change our way of
Caring about ourselves
This is our last dance
This is our last dance
This is ourselves
Under pressure
Under pressure
Pressure

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
There is one suggestion I would make to the mods, if post a has like 20 stars do not edit or delete it, because now we are super curious what was said that so many people liked it, yet it was considered so offensive it needed to be gone.

Were adults here if that many members stared it, then maybe other people need to grow a thicker skin.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

aww thanks for that you're quite correct. I admit I often pause before posting anything unless its something I know inside out and am very passionate about. I just don't have the quickfire wit and snotty criticism gene I just rely (mostly!) on facts so when it comes to personal insults my manners kick in and I retreat. I did almost lose it a few weeks ago but just logged off instead

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join