It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we eventually just ban gas powered vehicles ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

You missed the South Park episode -

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: stolencar18

Also...Harley riding fags? Really? You need help.

See posts above.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

originally posted by: Tardacus
you don`t really believe that the big oil companies will let their bought and paid for politicians ban gas powered vehicles do you?

That is a massive obstacle and prob the reason why hydrogen and electric vehicles are not moving forward here in the US as well as other parts of the world. Probably the reason why bio fuel was also shot down.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Trumpamania

I gave you a star for some of your points.

I don't think it should be implemented until there is an uncompromised vehicle or method that reduces charge times to less than 10 minutes. Just wondering what people thought..

As it is for a road trip, you can drive about 5-6 hours before you have to call it a day and charge your car. Prob shouldn't drive too much more than that, but anyway -> the point above.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

The problem is as I see it, this will not help our pollution problem as electricity comes from the same fossil fuels that we use for our gas powered vehicles so trading one for another type just will not help.

That's why I mentioned if were to live off a solar grid.. Or maybe even Thorium.

I don't have the data in front of me, I think read it somewhere, if you were to calculate the pollution given off by a typical gas car per mile and compare that to the maximum number of cars ran by a coal plant, the per mile pollution and greenhouse gases accounted for each car would be less since that would account for so many cars. I'll try to find that article. I guess it would depend on the coal plant too.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Not really sure why you included "Harley FAGS" in your otherwise decent post. That's a good way to alienate some of the best idea people in the petrol powered world.

See my posts above.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

I saw this a while back. Its very creative. Basically we just need to find a way to transfer and store energy that can be converted to kinetic energy. There are probably many ways it can be done. It seems a little loud now but t can prob be refined. 68mph is pretty fast for being run on air.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: markovian

I agree 2025 is too soon for a ban.

Actually, I am not even for a ban. Just would like to see more electric vehicles in the future. I rode on a few electric buses, so nice and quiet, especially going uphill.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
a reply to: Peeple

Well the cars go about 300 miles now.

The main problem is charging time.

800 km = 500 miles, that is a start, & 5 min charging, (including paying) speed 220 km/h max and we start talking.

(I'm german. I guess it shows when it's about cars?)

edit on 27-6-2017 by Peeple because: So many mistakes

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Thorium is radioactive and can be dangerous so there would still be a need to dispose of it once its life expired as a propellant of some sort. Are we to exchange air pollution for radioactive ground pollution ? I do not have the answers other than people need to travel less which leads me to believe that eventually the need for travel will be less some how or severely restricted.

I would think that as long as coal burning plants have been around that there are ways to filter the output to where it is less damaging. Of course it is expensive and cuts into energy companies bottom lines so they don't want to do it. Hopefully in the next few years we can come up with a better way to harness the energy from our Sun,water,waves, and wind that we no longer must depend on energy derived from fossil sources nor radioactive sources.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

This is a joke right? You expect or think everyone should give up their cars for electric? Yea I'll pass. I love my 20 year old Mustang and she gets amazing gas mileage. I wouldn't trade her for any electric car. You do know it costs money to charge those things and batteries aren't free and they also suck at charging? Also EXPENSIVE to maintain!

There is so much that could go wrong with your idea.
Also we aren't The Netherlands and do you have any idea how much those Tesla cars cost! I could have a small piece of land for their price tag. I'll pass.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

(I'm german. I guess it shows when it's about cars?)

Thank you for AUDI lol If I could afford one i would own one. I knew someone who had one and boy did I love that car. It was great! I would park it next to my 20 year old stang! Oh I can dream right?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join