It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we eventually just ban gas powered vehicles ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I saw a program on a mountain town in Switzerland where gas powered vehicles are banned. I was watching them walk around and it seemed very nice. What a contrast from the overpopulated city I live in with all the noise.

What will all the Harley riding PEOPLE do? They would start a riot. Well you can always add sampled Harley tones over an amplified sound source to simulate the sound. That's what they would do..

Anyway the Netherlands already vowed to ban gasoline powered by 2025 and many other European nations plan to follow suit.

The Netherlands Will Ban New Gasoline-Powered Vehicles By 2025

Several European Countries to Follow Norway’s Lead, Ban Fuel-Powered Cars

-----

I don't know why people have such a affinity for gas powered cars.

The Tesla Model S P100D, with 760 horsepower and all-wheel-drive, is now the fastest car in the world. Yes - faster than any car in the world.
It goes dead stop to 60 miles an hour in 2.28 seconds. It's probably the same case with electric motorcycles.

Tesla Model S is now the world's quickest car.

I was changing the oil on mine the other day and then driving it, but then thought man - this is going to be viewed eventually like the steam engine. That is the way we will view it. Its so clunky and uses oil and gas - so primitive.

But I guess we still have a long way to go as far as infrastructure for charging. Hydrogen is already fully developed.

Tesla already claims that it can run the entire United States on solar, using only a small fraction of one of the states for panel real estate. It does not all have to be in one place, can be spread out and connected by a grid.

What I would like to see go the most is the power from Saudi Arabia and many of the people behind big oil. I believe they are behind many of the nefarious things in the world.

edit on Mon Jun 26 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat
Sorry, I made it this far,

What will all the Harley riding FAGS do?

Then decided against wasting my time reading the rest

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Didnt even read. Lets go back to walking or horse and buggy. Ban ALL commercial airliners and all power plants (except for nuclear) and heat our homes with wood and use kerosene lanterns for light. Oh , wait . All that is no-no also.
So . Alternate . Go back to living in caves
Oh , wait . No fires.
We are screwed

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

If only the battery would have better capacities, storage qualities and less charging time....

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Harley fag's? Very intelligent dialogue, you must have been top of you class in college...a reply to: nOraKat

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Only a matter of time. At one point electric vehicles held a nearly 2:1 advantage over gas powered vehicles at the turn of the last century. Electric traction motors can also be more power efficient than a gasoline-powered vehicle's geared transmission set up.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
If only the battery would have better capacities, storage qualities and less charging time....

I would consider one once these parameters are met. I occasionally have to drive several hundred miles and would not be able to wait for the car to recharge.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Somebody quick! Send Elon Musk this

I can't I'm technically a "known sex offender".

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
I can't I'm technically a "known sex offender".

Why am I not surprised?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If they do, it will probably be along the lines of, "You may only operate gas powered vehicles, if your gross yearly income tops 7 figures..."

The rest of us will have to get our bicycles and rickshaws off the road or be run down.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Because everybody has something stored somewhere?

Muah-haha...

*you should be scared now. This funky episode of paranoia is brought to you by me.
With

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
What would happen? The world would grind to a halt.
Also...Harley riding fags? Really? You need help. And a few Harley riding "fags" to show up on your doorstep...

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Dont take the OP literally on that statement. I think he was speaking along these terms...

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
you don`t really believe that the big oil companies will let their bought and paid for politicians ban gas powered vehicles do you?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Anyway the Netherlands already vowed to ban gasoline powered by 2025 and many other European nations plan to follow suit.

Wait what?

They will ban new and eco friendly cars while allowing old super polluting inefficient diesel and gasoline cars and trucks?

Yeah, that makes sense.

The latter years the European market has migrated towards smaller more fuel efficient cars. These are the cars now sold on the used cars market, meaning that those with old cars will buy less old more efficient cars.

But not after the ban - they will not be ably to buy used cars since there will be just about zero zero emission cars on the used cars market. That will undoubtedly mean that many people will have no choice but to keep driving their old inefficient cars .

And then there is those who planned on buying new cars. They will not be able to sell their used cars meaning that many that before the ban would be able afford a zero emission car, will not be able to afford a zero emission car after the ban. Which of course means that they too will drive more polluting cars than otherwise.

Great thinking, guys!

edit on 26-6-2017 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Electric is not practical in America at this time.
Maybe someday.

And Harleys need mufflers and helmets. No excuses.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Sounds like more Liberal fascist lunacy to me. Why is it that you folks always seem to want to ban us from everything you find offensive or dirty? I have an idea. If this is such a great idea that you find attractive why don't you start by banning yourself from gasoline powered vehicles starting right now. Get rid of your car and get you a bike and/or an electric car and start living the dream. I want you to hold yourself to this under all circumstances. So let's say that you want to take a vacation about a 20 hour, 1000 mile drive from home take your bike or electric car. No cheating since you want to ban these things for all of us. Make sure to add at least a few days to your vacation if you take your car and who knows how long if you decide to bike 1000 miles each way. You will need to add at least a few days if you take an electric car so you can have time to stop and charge it every 300 miles or so, even more often if God forbid you take a winter trip and actually want to be warm during your drive. However, being as committed as you are to the cause I am sure you will also want to ban yourself from warmth so make sure to take a good pair of gloves and a nice warm coat and keep an inside ice scraper and a towel to wipe the condensation off of your front windshield. No problems you will be used to it once you quit heating and cooling your house because God forbid we let another drop of CO2 to hit the atmosphere for fear that we might all spontaneously burst into flames from Global Climate Change.

On second thought you better plan on taking the bike until the big, beautiful solar grid is build nationwide. Most electricity production currently requires things like coal and natural gas and we can't have that.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Electric cars don't charge fast enough, they don't travel far enough, and they don't do well in the winters. They need to function properly at -50 Celsius for them to work for either Russia or Canada.
Both the countries have too far between destinations. Need a ton of infrastructure improvements. It's still years away....

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I would like to nominate the state of California as the guinea pig in the test of this idea in the US.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
In many EU countries exists something called eco tax on used cars. But total energy output of this law is negative: To build new car which is just few percent more efficient than older model cost lot of energy. Same stupidity comes with "bio"fuels ... energetic equation just do not sum up as with photovoltaic panels which will be dead 10 years before energy invested into its production will be generated ....

* I'm the ecoguy practicing hugelcultur.
edit on 26-6-2017 by JanAmosComenius because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join