It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The states are all equal, so Bush and Trump are legit winners.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The US is a federation. The founding fathers placed great importance in the states. Each state has 2 senators regardless of population. In the 2000 election, Bush won 30 states Gore won 20 states. In the 2016 election Trump won 30 states Hillary won 20 states. Based off that alone, Bush and Gore are legit winners even though Gore and Hillary won more popular vote, which is expected considering they are welfare candidates and poor people don't have a choice other than voting for them. Your thoughts?

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
life is tough in the political arena of the "I'm going to control" the idiots that voted for me . That my friends her on ats is a fact. I'm beyond the age of relieving my life, so please, understand i mean not to insult anyone here that is reading this.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye
Again , for the one millionth time here on ATS

Based off that alone, Bush and Gore are legit winners even though Gore and Hillary won more popular vote

The US is a controlled Republic , not a mob-rule Democracy
The popular vote only counts state by state for electoral votes

And what makes them "welfare candidates" moreso than Gore , Clinton , anyone ?
You dont know , do you ?
"Just words, just speeches"

edit on 6/26/17 by Gothmog because: a little strong even for the mud-pit

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
The US is a controlled Republic , not a mob-rule Democracy

That makes sense. If a candidate is only popular in 20 states out of 50 states, how can he or she represent the whole nation? It would have brought chaos.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
American citizens do not vote for the president.
They vote on the state level to give their opinion of which candidates the state should back with their assigned electoral votes.
Popular vote is irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Member when Trump won and all the dems starting calling for the end of the electoral college?
Member?

That was cool.

Seriously though, hopefully at least a few people used that time of insanity to learn about how things really work. Founding fathers were pretty brite...

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
Member when Trump won and all the dems starting calling for the end of the electoral college?
Member?

That was cool.

Seriously though, hopefully at least a few people used that time of insanity to learn about how things really work. Founding fathers were pretty brite...

Remember when Trump was calling the electoral college a 'disaster' leading up to the election and then called it 'genius' after it?

That was cool, the gentle flip flopping.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Last i checked the pledge says "and too the republic" not federation.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

And what makes them "welfare candidates" moreso than Gore , Clinton , anyone ?
You dont know , do you ?
"Just words, just speeches"

Even Conservatives getting food stamps are likely to vote Democrat.
www.pewresearch.org...

17% of people who consider themselves Conservative get food stamps, but only 10% of Republicans are on food stamps. So I wonder why that is .... Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Even if you disagree with Democrats, people will vote for them for more handouts.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Remember when Democrats said the results had to be respected and to say there is interference is horribly wrong .. that flip flopping.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Remember when Democrats said the results had to be respected and to say there is interference is horribly wrong .. that flip flopping.

I think a president not being able to be consistent with a message is a little more important, but then I'm not stupid.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

I think a president not being able to be consistent with a message is a little more important, but then I'm not stupid.

If that were true you would be able to stay on topic, since you can't ...

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

If that were true you would be able to stay on topic, since you can't ...

I responded to a comment, you responded to mine.

More to the point though, I was on topic, the topic is the electoral college. I posted about Trumps own comments on the electoral college.

new topics

top topics

join