It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rrrrrrrrummmmble....WHAM!!!!! Holy Crap!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Wow...just heard the weirdest thing. Sound asleep when all of a sudden I hear this (Rrrrrrrruuummmbbbbllee - WHAMMMM!!)

I shot up straight..."What...the...F#...was that????"

It was LOUD too!! About as loud as a interior door slamming right next to your ear in cross-breeze, maybe even louder. Except...no windows are open, and no doors are slammed shut.

Grabbed the 12 ga. and went outside for a look-see. Pitch dark. Nothin' out there, but a big ol' bat who buzzed me when I shined the light on the eve. Nothing on the roof. Nothing out of place that I can see. Went inside and down to the basement; nothing strange down there either. Doors are all locked, no smoke or fire I can see anywhere.

WTH????

I have no idea what the hell that was, but it was loud as hell!! No aircraft overhead, not this early (still curfew until 4am). Freaked the dogs out, that's for sure!

Never heard anything like that before!

Meteor maybe? It was definitely something in or on the house, that much I'm pretty sure of...not just something outside.

edit on 6/26/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Firecracker season.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Something land on the roof? Something in the attic?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

The crash could have been something striking your house, certainly. But the rumbling sound preceding it puzzles me. Was there perhaps a pressure increase or air bolus in your water pipes or a gas backflow from your sewer or septic system?
edit on 26-6-2017 by pfishy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Live alone?

I've had audio hallucinations before, it's a thing. Really loud sound out of nowhere they nobody else heard...
edit on 26-6-2017 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
No, it was definitely a real sound because the dogs all alerted to it as well.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Sounds like the description of this phenomenon called thunder.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: HappyFisherman

No, it definitely wasn't thunder. Plus, I went outside to check it out and the sky was clear. I thought that at first too, so I actually checked for it.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

low flying military jet, sonic boom, it can sound very ground based when the sound waves collide with a house.

or maybe a sink hole had opened up beneath your room and your house foundation is all that remains plugging the hole, for now....

sleep well!

edit on 6/26/17 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Of late there have been may asteroids passing within a close range of Earth. I would say a chunk broke off and you heard mother nature destroying it before it did any damage. More commonly called atmospheric detonation.probably missed a good light show , but caught a good round of sound effects.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
it sounds like auditory hallucinations you get when your in the state between sleep and awake. I've had similar things happen many times.

It's scary, and it does seem very real and very loud because it is happening right there inside your head.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I've heard a block foundation crack quickly along a seam and it is very loud. It could have been a small meteor exploding overhead too. It could have been an airblast from something caving in underground too, those blasts are very loud. Are there any old mines in your area?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

That noise was your old lady hitting you over the head with a frying pan. Didn't you notice you had a headache?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

You mean a headache in addition to the skillet ninja old lady? Can you actually have 2 headaches at once?

Absolutely just kidding. I'm not insulting any potential lady of yours nor her cookware kung fu.
edit on 26-6-2017 by pfishy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

You mean a headache in addition to the skillet ninja old lady? Can you actually have 2 headaches at once?

Absolutely just kidding. I'm not insulting any potential lady of yours nor her cookware kung fu.

My wife would only hit me in the head with a frying pan if I had a spider on my head.
Hopefully she would kill it on the first chack.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Cajun women have the inborn ability to summon a cast iron melee skillet from the aether at will, with a 95% chance of success and no initiative roll required.

top topics

join