It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great video on the Vatican archives and Library of Alexandria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Here is a great short video about the possibilities of what's hidden in the Vatican archives. I also totally agree with this guy when he says this is a crime against humanity to continue to keep the truth of what's in the archives hidden from the masses.

So what's hidden in there?

Is there nothing to see here move along??

Do you think anything important was lost in the Library of Alexandria?

Do you think anything in the Vatican archives was taken from the Library of Alexandria prior to it's burning..?

Even the elite would want to preserve important documents don't you agree?
edit on 26-6-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

The first video doesn't work.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Fixed.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

He clearly tied the pine cone symbology specifically to the pineal gland, but other than mentioning a visual similarity, never gave any evidence to bolster the claim. Nor did he try to elaborate as to what importance the pineal gland held to ancient cultures to make the symbology so frequent and enduring.

It seems this would be pertinent information to provide the viewer, since it featured so prominently in his presentation.

As far as the archives themselves, I think the incredibly obtuse access policy is in itself an archival example of ancient trolling techniques. I would love to have free access to them myself. I am convinced that the various testaments which were excluded by the Ecumenical Council are stored there. As well as potential documentation of the family lineage of the Apostles' descendants and maybe those of Jesus as well. Many scholars argue that Mary Magdalene was the wife of Jesus, and the image of her as a prostitute was a later falsification aimed at satisfying the need to preserve the image of Christ as pure and beyond the temptations of earthly desires and imperfect human flesh.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Interesting theory on the archives.

I think he mentioned he was a John Anthony West fan... potentially got his perspective from watching the Magical Egypt series...

The Vatican may very well be hiding information regarding Jesus... a conclusion I have drawn after over a decade of research is that there is something going on with Jesus, the elite believe in him. They may not like him but they believe in him.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

You don't get to be elite without hedging your bets.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=22392722]toysforadults[/post

Best way to kill a researcher's/ historian's soul? Do not allow them to browse all things related to their particular area of interest.

I'm no academic, but having done loads of research for various creative projects, some of the best bits of info are the ones you find by "following the breadcrumbs". Book A gives a couple sentences or a description of a person or event related to your project so you follow that to Book B then C etc. By limiting the research to three folders per day on specific items, you might as well keep it all under lock and key.

Perfect example: I've somewhat familiar with the pineal gland from my time here at ATS, but I didn't know (or pay much attention to) the thing about the Pope's staff and the giant sculpture and other references in the carvings shown. That "breadcrumb" is goign to make me dig further and hopefully learn something interesting.

As for the second video, I think it's a safe bet that the miles and miles of Vatican library space holds some of the best info taken from Alexandria. Of course no one will ever know because they aren't allowed to browse around.

Wouldn't it be grand to have a rogue Vatican scholar do a wikileaks type thing?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

You don't get to be elite without hedging your bets.

Is it a hedge or do they know something we don't?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: msfitte

Vatican Wikileaks dump probably has the potential to change the world..

There is other things as well, the Queen her throne the rock, the Rothschild family origins among other things. The Vatican is very powerful that's why our presidents write letters to the Vatican.... they are essentially asking for permission.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   

I would say yes to both. Otherwise we'd all be followers of the Nazarene.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

True. I will saw however he is the most polarizing figure in world history and this polarization continues as strong as ever till this day.

At the very least he was a powerful magician.

Don't you think it's weird that the story takes place in the Middle East?

Just real coincidental...

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Given the overall population densities and concentration of learning and scholars in that region, we might not have ever known his story had he not been born there. Sure, maybe Britain or Gaul, but would he have ever been taken seriously there by anyone?
And as far as polarizing, I would say Mohammed (PBUH) is equally as influential in that fashion, if not a close second.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Right but it's weird that the area was prepared in that way and now look at the current state of affairs... lot's of interests in the ME but why?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I've long suspected that there are copies of documents originally held in the Library of Alexandria in the Vatican archives. A review of the Wikipedia entry for the destruction of the library of Alexandria reveals that even if the fire set by Ceasar's soldiers did burn the library, the fire that they set that consumed much of the docks and port area of the city probably only damaged a portion of the library.

However, the thing to keep in mind is that the library was a function of the Ptolemy dynasty, a Greek family with ties to Greece and more importantly, Byzantium and the other great Greek cities of the day, particularly Antioch. There was a thriving and vital "circle" of trade and commerce between Alexandria, Antioch, Byzantium, the Italian peninsula and France and Spain and Tripolitania. Documents were routinely copied and carried to these principle cities, re-copied and further disseminated. The video provides evidence of that! He listed 5 or so great scientists, language and medical experts whose works we know today!

To better understand this, see: en.wikipedia.org...

The Imperial Library of Constantinople, in the capital city of the Byzantine Empire, was the last of the great libraries of the ancient world. Long after the destruction of the Great Library of Alexandria and the other ancient libraries, it preserved the knowledge of the ancient Greeks and Romans for almost 1,000 years.[1] A series of unintentional fires over the years and wartime damage, including the raids of the Fourth Crusade in 1204, impacted the building itself and its contents. The library continued in substantial form until the city of Constantinople was conquered by the Ottoman Empire on 29 May 1453 when the library's considerable surviving contents were destroyed or lost.[2] The library was founded by Constantius II (reigned 337–361 AD) who established a Scriptorium so that the surviving works of Greek literature could be copied for preservation. The Emperor Valens in 372 employed four Greek and three Latin calligraphers. The majority of Greek classics known today are known through Byzantine copies originating from the Imperial Library of Constantinople

In ancient Greece the written word and most literature was transcribed onto papyrus. As the papyrus began to deteriorate there was a movement to transfer the reading material from papyrus to parchment as did Constantine the Great, around the 4th century, but his movement specifically concerned Holy Scripture. Constantine's heir to the throne Constantius II continued this movement. It was his work that culminated in the first Imperial Library of Constantinople. The library is estimated to have contained some 100,000 volumes of ancient text. The movement was headed by one Themistios, who commanded a group of calligraphers and librarians.

There is little doubt in my mind that many of these works made their way to the Vatican archives.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Well, it has basically been the birthplace or historical homeland of 3 of the world's major religions. Judaism, though originating in North Africa, claims Israel as it's rightful land. Christianity, which grew from Judaism, began in the Holy Land as well. Islam began in the Arabian peninsula. Though there is no normalized hostility between Judaism and Christianity, Islam views them both as heretical, even though they all share the same beginnings. And despite the fact that Jesus of Nazareth is a respected figure in the Koran, the Christian belief that he is of Divine origin is heretical to Islam. He is viewed as an historical prophet in Islamic tradition, but a lesser prophet than Mohammed (PBUH), who was declared to be the one true prophet of the Holy word by Allah Himself.
Religion is powerful stuff. And having 3 major ones, one of which is at odds with the others, all centered in such a small area, is going to all but ensure perpetual conflict. As to why all 3 sprang up in the region or adjacent African lands, well, I have a thepry about that.
Religion is what gives humanity a greater sense of community and hope. It is what people turn to when they are powerless to better their own circumstances. It is the small, quiet voice that reassures them that all their toil and strife won't have been for nothing in the end. It provides a buffer to keep people from having to face the existential meaninglessness of life and effort.

Can you think of more appropriate reason for the need to stave off hopelessness than having to live out your meager existence in that particular climate and geography? Sand isn't terribly inspirational.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
we could over throw vatican city , who would defend them

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
thats why it was burned, the bible and all its source material was written in the library , then burned down to ensure it was the only book that survived!

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
thats why it was burned, the bible and all its source material was written in the library , then burned down to ensure it was the only book that survived!

Ah, to find out our true history and not what has been created for us to believe. They would lose so much control of the sheep if the information ever saw the light of day. They would destroy the Vatican archives before they would ever allow us access.

It would be fun to watch the reactions from Egyptologist and anthropologist.

I wonder if our civilization would survive the full disclosure?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
It would be fun to watch the reactions from Egyptologist and anthropologist.

Yeah, I would pay to see the Zahi Hawass reaction video

top topics

join