It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In case you are wondering, this isn't cool.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyK22

Ever notice it takes. On average 30 seconds for a new yorker to throw in the irrelevant info that theyre a new yorker. Youll be talking about zygot gestation or something and 30 seconds in theyll go "and by the way im a new yorker!..." then theres that pregnant pause where it seems like they want you to react all impressed as if youre going to respond with """" WOOOOOOOW!!! A new yorker. Omg youre so cool you must be ten times more sophisticated and hip than me!!! Omg can i kiss your ass. Wow a real life new yorker!"

But instead you just give them a wtf who gives a shift look.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This lady's action will just further the divide that is wanted by the control grid.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Maroboduus

this is a ridiculous, and ridiculously stupid, argument. Yes, no s**t it's a symbol. The problem is what it symbolizes. By your moronic logic, theres no differwnce between the Bolivian flag and a swastika, because theyre both just symbols.
Even aside from the whole slavery thing, the Confederates were traitors to the US. You're glorifying a traitorous secessionist pro-slavery movement.

What's ridiculous is that you honestly think you speak for me and know what I believe and how I feel.

Try reading history with an open mind. Despite what you appear to think, you don't know everything... as a matter of fact, when it comes to the South and its culture/history, you apparently don't know enough to know you don't know anything.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: introvert

He has the freedom to put anything he chooses on his truck and this appears to be destruction of his personal property.

Before I say anything else on this subject, I wanted to say this to you:

THANK YOU!

TheRedneck

I missed this post, for whatever reason, and I wanted to say you're welcome.

We may not like what people do with their personal freedom, but we should respect their right to do so, as long as it does not impede on the rights of others.

I do not understand symbolism. Whether it be flags or the colors of people's sports team, but it is their right.

edit on 27-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I blame the government....they set the stage by taking down all confederate flags or statues of anyone related to the confederate army. It has given snowflakes and the likes the "right" to be offended and remove the object that is "triggering them". The rebel flag has far more meaning to some people than slavery, I respect that regardless of my personal beliefs.
There are no shortages of stories of thing that have happened to cars and car owners for people that have/had Trump bumper stickers. Welcome the the period of the peaceful, well grounded left side.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Sounds like your dad may have been a bit of a douchebag. Maybe you werent around when he got his ass handed to him? Did he knock your mom around too? Sounds like a class act.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Ya know I think this all started way back when they stopped letting kids know what it feels like to lose. Now days everyone gets a trophy, no scores are kept....people just have to learn how to be good winners and losers, it is part of civilized life.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
[sarcasm]
It's not the woman's fault -- it's the fault of the man with the bumper sticker.

That's because it was HE who "created a space for this violence to happen" by having a confederate bumper sticker in the first place. The woman couldn't help but give in to this "space for violence to happen", so we can't blame her for her actions.
[/sarcasm]

By the way, the idea that SJWs who commit violent acts against others were goaded into it because someone who offended them "created a space for violence to happen" is a real thing. The idea is that if an SJW commits a violent act (such as run a car into another person for having a confederate bumper sticker), then maybe that violent act is excusable because the confederate bumper sticker is such a despicable thing that it's OK to act violently against it.

By the way -- I'm not promoting the confederate flag here. What I am saying is there is a troubling trend going on that certain violent acts are being seen as "acceptable" by some because it is being done in the name of social justice....

...Or that if a person #1 is promoting an ideology that person #2 opposes, than person #1 is to blame for the violent acts of person #2, because it was person #1 who originally "created a space for the violence to happen" by their ideology.

I mean "I was triggered into violence by this man's confederate flag" should not become an acceptable excuse for violence.

edit on 2017/6/28 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
And somewhere else in the USA there was probably a racist redneck that beat a minority.

The difference? It didn't make the news like this did.

Just another thread of "look how bad the Democrats are!" to circle the wagons and confirm baises that you are on the "right team".

Sure -- but the difference is that most reasonable people agree that a racist beating on a minority is not right and is a despicable act.

However, there are many people in America today who think it is OK for this woman to hit a person with her car because "that person was asking for it because he displayed a confederate flag".

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity
Not really sure but if I'm not mistaken it's the fastest growing city in America ever since they replaced the wooden bridge from Charleston to Mount P with the Ravenall the city has exploded, that's the usual consensus people have. There's much more to it then that I'm sure I myself know of 50+ people that moved here from Ohio including my parents, sister, nephews, nieces, and brother. That's the whole reason I came down here was to be with family again as I'm sure is the case with a lot others. It truly is the most transient area I've ever been to its kind of surreal. Who ever came up with the bumper sticker "native" is definitely making a killing as those that are natives seem to all be rocking it on the back of thier vehicle. I personally think the low country is pretty over rated and miss my mountains, however I've traveled quite a bit and must say Folly Beach is one of the last true surfer hippy towns and its got an incredible vibe to it. It's worth the trip to SC alone and plenty of really nice shark teeth to find. Pretty amazing I've never found a single tooth at my local Isle of Palms beach then I drive 45 mins and find between 75-100+ every single time.

edit on 28-6-2017 by CrazyK22 because: Because of a coma that didn't belong

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

What about the fact that the bigots are using the con fed flag as the sign of their agenda. They are using it as an emblem of their hate.

If she had removed a swastika? Would she be justified then?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SmilingROB

No, actually she would not. It's called free speech.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

you think its like the newer, hipper Charleston?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Hipper? By becoming increasingly liberal I really don't know anymore, as every millennial I speak to hates Trumps guts because of what they saw on tv. I am one... Hardly I'm 30 but it's very disturbing how it's considered cool to be gay or trans. I swear the only person I enjoy conversing with is a 19 year old who always shows pictures of girls but claims he's gay. I told him I don't care just don't tell me any details which he has been increasingly doing talking about how he banged this dude and he's hardcore LGBT. I keep reminding him I don't care if your gay dude but because I was a Trump voter it seems he just keeps trying to "trigger" me into getting upset about it. It's definitely an extremely bizarre place to work and live, and btw I'm pretty darn sure the kids not only not gay but not even bi just that it's "cool." The hell happened to the world!?

edit on 28-6-2017 by CrazyK22 because: Somehow 5 frowning faces appeared...lag

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SmilingROB

What about the fact that the bigots are using the con fed flag as the sign of their agenda. They are using it as an emblem of their hate.

If she had removed a swastika? Would she be justified then?

The main problem here isn't that she removed the bumper sticker, but that she backed her car into the guy, caused an injury, then drove off.

If she gets in trouble with the law, it won't be because she destroyed the confederate symbol (if she had only done that, she would have probably ultimately had no official charges brought against her), but because she was a hit-and-run driver.

edit on 2017/6/28 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyK22
Hipper? By becoming increasingly liberal I really don't know anymore, as every millennial I speak to hates Trumps guts because of what they saw on tv. I am one... Hardly I'm 30 but it's very disturbing how it's considered cool to be gay or trans. I swear the only person I enjoy conversing with is a 19 year old who always shows pictures of girls but claims he's gay. I told him I don't care just don't tell me any details which he has been increasingly doing talking about how he banged this dude and he's hardcore LGBT. I keep reminding him I don't care if your gay dude but because I was a Trump voter it seems he just keeps trying to "trigger" me into getting upset about it. It's definitely an extremely bizarre place to work and live, and btw I'm pretty darn sure the kids not only not gay but not even bi just that it's "cool." The hell happened to the world!?

lol, thats funny that he keeps trying to trigger you, or that you think he is, lol

just take a breath and keep calm

Its not "cool" to be gay or trans, its just more accepted...thats great.

But i can see how a trump supporter may not think so.

Yup, from what you are describing, it seems like the hipster crowd of charleston is flowing into Mount Plastic. But they are rich?

Same thing sort of happened in my current city as well.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Seems like a bunch of rich parents raising a bunch of brain washed young liberals. I was sleeping with a 40 year old divorced women her son would regularly go to trans/gay parties again I have no problem with either but she also let a young pretty blonde sleep there as well(in his bed he's 18). They never had sex she said not once I spoke with the boy a lot there's a strange consensus being put into thier brain to not touch a women or something. He had a girlfriend a few months before he met her just saying this is kind of conspiracy site and something bizarre is happening with our youth... Not trying to derail the thread the girl was wrong even though I was led to believe the flag is pretty much illegal thanks to Dylan Roof(He just sped up the process). She hit his truck and I would love to know her origins because that really sounds like northern take over mentality. We have bars devoted to Ohio State though I'm from there, that's just rude to Clemson and Game Cocks. It really is like me going to Mexico raising American flags and making them all speak English. The south should be left the south and not lose its charm... Not referring to the stupid show, guy was in my store last week Craig or something. That is not in the slightest an acurate representation of Charleston.

edit on 28-6-2017 by CrazyK22 because: Because teh beers are taking Effexor

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I live in Charleston and came from Boston. In Boston everyone was extreme left liberal. Here I see a mix. The black people are very Democrat friendly, and the white people tend to be Republican, but also depends on if they were born here or moved here.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
the truck was his property, not hers..
the flag was his property not hers..
she had no right doing anything to his property!! not destroying the flag, and certainly not driving the car into him, or his truck and injuring him!!
this is insane!!
god help us when football season comes along and everyone breaks out their team spirit goodies! the country will burn!!!

can't believe anyone is claiming this is somehow alright, or even hinting it.. it's not!

but since we can argue over the stupidest of things is seems.. here is a little more worthy...

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Not sure who Craig is. Im sure there is no liberal brainwashing going on, but its funny that you think that, i can understand how you do.

::shakes head:: Kids these days

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join