It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In case you are wondering, this isn't cool.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Just like it was human nature to want democracy in all those nations we witnessed overthrowing their dictators during the Arab Spring who have since installed murderous theocracies?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Look, i dont know what you are talking about, but anyone who says that african americans did not fight for their freedom and also did not want their freedom after the civil war clearly has their own crazy agenda in their minds filled with half and twisted truths.

edit on 27-6-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yet they don't mention the behavior of the "victim", this is biased. I need ALL the facts. Not just the ones that favor this racist person's claim.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

True. That's the actual Stars and Bars yet so many call the jack style flag by that name. But then facts don't matter often with people and their emotions.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I think emotions are important and actually go against my usual liberal views about this flag. Many people grew up with this flag in the background of their lives and it has completely other connotations than slavery. Maybe a fun chlidhood, jumping in creeks, catching crawfish. One look at this flag brings them back to a time and place.

That is why I really think outlawing this flag is not right, however, I also understand that there ARE other connotations to this flag that MUST be taken into retrospect.

That is great to have a great memory, but do you flash all of your memories on the back of your truck or tattoo them on your arm? NO.

That is why I do not recommend doing that in this day and age. There will be consequences such as my own experience, I will not call on a specific painter bc one of his employees proudly has 2 of them waving off the back of his truck. I just dont think a smart person would do it, and I dont like to be around dumb people.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Obviously, who you associate with and hire are completely your prerogative; I would never challenge that. But I will point out the hypocrisy in admitting that the flag is not a racist symbol, but in the same breath stating you wouldn't deal with anyone who displayed it.

We need to all move beyond this. It's a symbol, just as we all use symbols. Christians use the cross, Jews use the Star of David, animal rights activists use a pawprint, Bolivians use a Bolivian flag, etc., etc., etc.

When you get right down to it, even our letters are developed from symbols. Early writing was hieroglyphics, abstract pictures that represented ideas. Even today the alphabet is commonly used as symbolic: 'V' for Victory, 'A' for a job well done, 'X' for black power (a'la Malcolm X), etc. How idiotic would it be to say "I think anyone who uses the letter 'C' is stupid and I won't deal with them"?

I applaud your position on this issue, as it is far more tolerant than many voices that are screeching at this point in history, but I also invite you to examine further. Is this really the world we want to live in? Or can we do better?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

sorry if I offended anyone, my point being that its not smart to display it given the connotation to slavery that many blacks and some whites have today...with good reason.

Maybe 20 or 30 years from now, that connotation will not be so strong, but for now, its just not smart to wave it around. Slavery was just around the corner, we are still dealing with racism. Its still a sensitive time and waving around a rebel flag that once represented proudly keeping slavery is not that smart, although I understand why its meaningful to people and they should not be ashamed to like it, just dont wave it around out of respect to others.

this world will and can be better, its been slowly getting better already.
edit on 27-6-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Supporting the loosing side of a civil war? Line em up at the gallows.. Dont let me catch you waving a brittish flag either.

It doesn't mean culture. The flag more often than not comes with a nonsense statement, about the Confederacy rising, or "We aint afraid of the tan clan". Ive seen it all, in towns with no minorities. Idiots in the south with nothing to theirselves, to their cultures. Just nothings across the board .

Anyways its illegal to fly any flag higher than the US flag. And i see that # all the time too, in the brainless south,and also ignorant mexican ran businesses in the southwest

edit on 27-6-2017 by BigBangWasAnEcho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Anyways its illegal to fly any flag higher than the US flag

I believe it the standards for flags in the US. It's not illegal.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

This is where we are. Everyone's little opinion is important and we give weight to all no matter how stupid.

I Long for the day when people were told to shut the F up and move it along.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The problem was hitting the guys truck. Excuse me private property !

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Woman charged after tearing Confederate flag off truck, hitting man

abcnews4.com...

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) — A woman is facing charges after police say she tore a Confederate flag "tag" off a truck and then backed into the truck's owner. According to a release from Charleston police, 43-year-old Ann Lee Walters is charged with vandalism and leaving the scene of an accident with injuries. They said Walters stopped her car at Murray Boulevard and East Battery around 11 a.m. Saturday. They said she removed a "Confederate tag" off the front of the victim’s pick-up by tearing it off. They said she then backed into the truck's owner as he was trying to get her license plate number. The victim, who suffered a minor knee injury and was seen by EMS, told police Walters hit him by accident. Police found Walters at her home using the plate number the victim gave them.

I fully realize that this isn't the majority of the left, or any other group, but if you try to justify something like this, you aren't "part of the problem", you "ARE" the problem. Sure you are free to not like that flag, or to not want to look at it, but you are also free to close your eyes, or quietly hum Koom-buy-ya. But you aren't free to put your hands on other folks property like that. Even if you are "really" mad. It's just not OK.

This message was brought to you by the "Heritage, not hate" common sense brigade of Eastern NC,

Where is the conspiracy theory here?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I live in Mount Plastic there is an insane influx of northerners coming here every day. Im originally from Ohio but grew up shooting guns, fishing, and riding bikes/atvs so I fit right in. However there is an incredible amount of abnoxious rich folks that are extremely rude especially New Yorkers (sorry to the kind people there) just popping up every day always arguing the fact "where I'm from". Which drives me nuts cause you just want to tell them well go back we had 23,000 people come through my store last week (highest grossing Lowes in the country). The customers are becoming increasingly rude, abrasive, and down right hostile that I'm seeking employment elsewhere. This city is an utter mess now with traffic and north/south mentalities not cooperating, it truly is sad to see Americans so divided.
edit on 27-6-2017 by CrazyK22 because: Because of the obvious

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyK22

What happened in Mount Plastic that brought a bunch of northern richies there?

Rich people can be rude and annoying, especially the brainless ones.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

originally posted by: network dude
Woman charged after tearing Confederate flag off truck, hitting man

abcnews4.com...

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) — A woman is facing charges after police say she tore a Confederate flag "tag" off a truck and then backed into the truck's owner. According to a release from Charleston police, 43-year-old Ann Lee Walters is charged with vandalism and leaving the scene of an accident with injuries. They said Walters stopped her car at Murray Boulevard and East Battery around 11 a.m. Saturday. They said she removed a "Confederate tag" off the front of the victim’s pick-up by tearing it off. They said she then backed into the truck's owner as he was trying to get her license plate number. The victim, who suffered a minor knee injury and was seen by EMS, told police Walters hit him by accident. Police found Walters at her home using the plate number the victim gave them.

I fully realize that this isn't the majority of the left, or any other group, but if you try to justify something like this, you aren't "part of the problem", you "ARE" the problem. Sure you are free to not like that flag, or to not want to look at it, but you are also free to close your eyes, or quietly hum Koom-buy-ya. But you aren't free to put your hands on other folks property like that. Even if you are "really" mad. It's just not OK.

This message was brought to you by the "Heritage, not hate" common sense brigade of Eastern NC,

Where is the conspiracy theory here?

It's about the subversive movement to erase all historical context to the southern existence. From Statues, to flags. You would have to be paying attention to see any of this.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

a reply to: Kali74

Why do you "hate" the Confed Flag?

...is this a serious question? This can't be a serious question...

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

this is a ridiculous, and ridiculously stupid, argument. Yes, no s**t it's a symbol. The problem is what it symbolizes. By your moronic logic, theres no differwnce between the Bolivian flag and a swastika, because theyre both just symbols.
Even aside from the whole slavery thing, the Confederates were traitors to the US. You're glorifying a traitorous secessionist pro-slavery movement.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

No times have changed, rights have not.

Are you saying that people should not have a confed flag because it is not "accepted today"?

No. They shouldn't have it because it and everything it stands for is extremely stupid and moronic and pathetic.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Northerners made huge fortunes off cotton being grown in the south. Even had some cotton uniforms. So much for being against the slave labor.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Yourmomsentme

How can a 43 year old woman become so upset by a bumper sticker? She needs to seek help!
Liberals gone wild!
They are the party of acceptance just like Islam is the religion of peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join