It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In case you are wondering, this isn't cool.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Woman charged after tearing Confederate flag off truck, hitting man

abcnews4.com...

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) — A woman is facing charges after police say she tore a Confederate flag "tag" off a truck and then backed into the truck's owner. According to a release from Charleston police, 43-year-old Ann Lee Walters is charged with vandalism and leaving the scene of an accident with injuries. They said Walters stopped her car at Murray Boulevard and East Battery around 11 a.m. Saturday. They said she removed a "Confederate tag" off the front of the victim’s pick-up by tearing it off. They said she then backed into the truck's owner as he was trying to get her license plate number. The victim, who suffered a minor knee injury and was seen by EMS, told police Walters hit him by accident. Police found Walters at her home using the plate number the victim gave them.

I fully realize that this isn't the majority of the left, or any other group, but if you try to justify something like this, you aren't "part of the problem", you "ARE" the problem. Sure you are free to not like that flag, or to not want to look at it, but you are also free to close your eyes, or quietly hum Koom-buy-ya. But you aren't free to put your hands on other folks property like that. Even if you are "really" mad. It's just not OK.

This message was brought to you by the "Heritage, not hate" common sense brigade of Eastern NC,

+23 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

This is where we are. Everyone's little opinion is important and we give weight to all no matter how stupid.

I Long for the day when people were told to shut the F up and move it along.
edit on 25-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I have hope that it's still OK in America to point this out and say, "No".
"this is not acceptable." Time will tell.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

But we let them make 'laws' against that sort of thing. They never had to be written down on the books. All that mattered was that they became a matter before of a court. Wife and I were just talking about that this evening.

I vividly recall my dad beating the living Hell out of people who were 'just asking for it' and how the cops never wanted 'it' to become their problem. One of 'em was a hippie that liked to spit and another was a pimp who had a few misconceptions of what his hoes would be impressed by. That was when America Was Great ... and laughing at people who would cross the street to avoid any chance of a physical confrontation with my old man.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Wow. Is this a common thing in Dixieland? I saw on the news that cities are removing statues and other Confederate symbols that are now considered offensive by some.

I don't know what is going on but things seem to be rapidly spiraling out of control.

How can a 43 year old woman become so upset by a bumper sticker? She needs to seek help!

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Oh I remember the neighbor removing me (13 years old) off his lawn with a very descriptive direction on not letting this happen again.

Did I tell my dad in 1983, HELL no. It would have been worse from him, I knew to stay off Mr. so and so's grass.
edit on 25-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Well to all the dumb asses who think it will change history to remove this Confed General or that Confed General, guess what?

Slavery still happened. Having statues removed is not the answer, education is. But education cost money-we are broke. And I imagine the people who are bold (stupid) enough to pull something like this may be past the point of being reasoned with.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

This is what freedom looks like in 2017.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

But we let them make 'laws' against that sort of thing. They never had to be written down on the books. All that mattered was that they became a matter before of a court. Wife and I were just talking about that this evening.

I vividly recall my dad beating the living Hell out of people who were 'just asking for it' and how the cops never wanted 'it' to become their problem. One of 'em was a hippie that liked to spit and another was a pimp who had a few misconceptions of what his hoes would be impressed by. That was when America Was Great ... and laughing at people who would cross the street to avoid any chance of a physical confrontation with my old man.

Man, them days of beating up spitting hippies must have been sweet..

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

"Spitting Hippies", that would be a good name for a rock band.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
He has the freedom to put anything he chooses on his truck and this appears to be destruction of his personal property.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

The story behind this OP keeps gettin' sweeter
Link

Walters lives in Mount Pleasant and is an associate attorney at Duffy and Young in downtown Charleston.

Hahahahahahahaha!!

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yourmomsentme

"Spitting Hippies", that would be a good name for a rock band.

They'd probably just get beat up wherever they went. Maybe we can start a beat a communist day and bring back some semblance of what America used to be to so many people.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

The story behind this OP keeps gettin' sweeter
Link

Walters lives in Mount Pleasant and is an associate attorney at Duffy and Young in downtown Charleston.

Hahahahahahahaha!!

Nothing in that article identifies her as a spitting hippie.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Outstanding S, that why I always read your responses.

Everyone was held responsible for their actions and what the said and done in public.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Do you think what the women did in this situation is OK?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

You know this just doesn't ever happen to my flag dude.

Can't figure it but, I just don't have that problem.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I hate that flag but there's no excuse for taking what isn't yours nor risking anyone's safety and well being.

People really need to start getting a grip.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Why do you "hate" the Confed Flag?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Just as sweet as the days of beating up people for having a bumper sticker you don't like.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join