It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank for International Settlements Authorizes Central Banks to Initialize The 'Great Unwinding'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I'm expecting a downturn in stocks and the economy as well but I'm not sure of the start date and how many years the downturn will last. I suspect there will be tightening in 2018 and maybe more in 2020. The Fed announced they will publish a schedule I believe just like they did for the easing. Then maybe after a year or so after the Fed starts, Europe and Japan might join in. I'm hoping no sudden changes to a new global currency replacing the US dollar suddenly pop up after banks have a long holiday period. If the tightening starts this year, they might be able to tank the economy enough to get democrats in control of congress and the democrats can jack up taxes to further tank our economy. Sounds like a plan to create a financial crisis.

Borrowing more and spending more should lead our economy into a financial crisis even faster so getting democrats in control of congress might be part of a plan to do away with the US dollar and wipe out savings and the US dollar as a reserve currency.
I'm not sure. I've been reading some scary stuff I think in an attempt to get me to subscribe.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I suppose the crypto currencies should dance for the public eye.

That way the market operators take your eye off where it should be.....SILVER....sell gbp/jpy.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I am wondering if there may be any kind of connection between this action and Senate Bill S1241. This bill is designed to limit the amount of cash which an individual can have available at any one time. If I read it correctly, it could also be used to limit, or deny, the use of personal checks. Thus steering us more and more toward keeping ALL of our monies in the banks, and more available to the bankers,and using credit cards which can make tracking our transactions much easier.
I really would appreciate the opinions of those who are more informed on this subject.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I am wondering if there may be any kind of connection between this action and Senate Bill S1241. This bill is designed to limit the amount of cash which an individual can have available at any one time. If I read it correctly, it could also be used to limit, or deny, the use of personal checks.

I'm not seeing what you're seeing. I'm seeing a focus on international movements.

Here's the entire bill in PDF:

www.congress.gov...

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

The US made private ownership of gold illegal in 1933.
What's to keep them from doing it again?
They bought it up at $15/oz then immediately revalued it at twice the price.
The only difference between then and now is a confidence in the dollar itself which has depreciated badly.

Before a crash I think these are good investments:
Precious metals in amounts small enough to hide.
Medicines.
Quality hand tools requiring no electricity.
Long shelf life foods, liquor, cigarettes.
Land with water rights.
Livestock - goats, chickens, cows.
Alternative energy - windmills, solar panels

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

Did you read Sec. 2 ????

SEC. 2. TRANSPORTATION OR TRANSHIPMENT OF BLANK
CHECKS IN BEARER FORM.

Section 5316 of title 31, United States Code, is
amended by adding at the end the following:
‘‘(e) MONETARY INSTRUMENTS WITH AMOUNT LEFT BLANK.—For purposes of this section, a monetary instrument in bearer form that has the amount left blank, such that the amount could be filled in by the bearer, shall be considered to have a value of more than $10,000 if the instrument was drawn on an account that contained, or was intended to contain more than $10,000 at the time—
‘‘(1) the instrument was transported; or
‘‘(2) the instrument was negotiated or was intended to be negotiated.’’.

I don't see anything about any national or international constraints.
This is likely how this section of the law would be read in court.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Outstanding ATA.
No one seems to remember history. I would expect that to be broaden to include a number of metals as well precious stones and other high value items.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Topic: The Fed Speaks Out of Both Sides of Its Mouth
source: The OUTSIDER CLUB (a read only e-mail sent to subscribers only) 15cdbd97c83fa4ef

Certainly, the Citigroup Macro Economic Surprise Index is warning us a very big surprise is coming our way!

...a historical pattern of volatility risk picking up in the VIX after the 4th of July through mid-October...Investors should take this risk warning very seriously this year, given the highly overbought state of equities
~added emphasis mine~

another coded hint to the Insiders that the Fed Reserve (on their off record) Balance Sheet is just starting in the process of purging lots of their Equity holdings in the Stock Market beginning after July 4th 2017.... this falls in-line with warnings by Alternate Media publishers that a long term influx of Fed created dollars are about to flood the financial system as the (more than) ~$2.5 Trillion of Equities are to be sold into the public....bringing about an unusually higher velocity-of-money & money-multiplier effect... Ergo: -> devalued dollars and inflated prices

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Great- biggest chunk of USD I've ever had and the check hasn't even cleared yet... But it's time to dump it for something more concrete.

Should work out well lining up with the coming property value crash.
edit on 26-6-2017 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind
I really would appreciate the opinions of those who are more informed on this subject.

the proposed bill is geared for a 'cashless' society... checks/cheques to be OK
but not for documents that say PAY TO: CASH those kind of checks will be void..
credit/debit cards OK but only to a party who deposits proceeds automatically into the receiver's Bank

CashLess means that no Black Market can exist which uses the dollars... thus silver-gold coins/bars must act as medium of exchange.....fuel, ammo, liquor, smokes, all other barter/trade items will later be deemed contraband that circumvents Banks ---in the eventual worst-case scenario imho

edit on th30149849733226152017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

...Should work out well lining up with the coming property value crash

the folk-wisdom says: property is a way-of-life.. not a speculative investment
so Indeed the bubble-zone property valuations may swing in your favor... we cross our fingers for good luck

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

This is very much what I had in mind that it meant. Of course, there will be many many small transactions which are not part of any "black market" activity which will suffer impacts from this law.

If you want to buy a pack of gum at the local store you will have to pay more for using a credit card than what the gum will cost.
If the bankers decide they have not made sufficient profits during the past year, they can easily do as they did in Greece and have the government give them a "bail-in" based upon and taken from the deposits on hand: your money.

It is all done electronically and no one ever knows when or how it happens. You just wake up one morning and we are all broke.
edit on 26-6-2017 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
"Honest, weight and measure"? Value and worth? Are not the same. If governments can "print" themselves out of dept? Why can't they print themselves into prosperity? Kinda makes one wonder? Why/if "We the People" can bail out General Motors? Why can't "we", .. "bail" ourselves "out"? The government doesn't give a "citizen" a "bailout"... "International"? ...Let us .. bring it home! Your great-grandkids will be paying for this nonsense, because YOU! Let it happen! Just like "Social Security". It wasn't "social" or "secure". It was a "snake oil" speech. .. I live in a world of idiots!

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Well, for starters, our government doesn't control the printing of money. Private banks that we sold our country to 104 years ago control that.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

The ability to make tradable goods from local sources might be a good one to include as well, I have been doing some research into this. Their are some very interesting items which seem to have been forgotten, the velocipede lathe. Motors with wooden pistons (Beech) with an aluminium crown to protect the top of the piston.Which have gone the way of convenience buying. The correct way to preserve in a pressure cooker, which is basically home canning. Their seems to be a high standard of living off grid with money being more of a handy convenience rather than a necessity .

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I went to the BIS website to see what else they may have indicated. They have their entire 132 page 87th annual report for 2016/2017 available for anybody wanting to take a deeper analysis.

87th Annual Report by chapter
Table of contents, conventions, letter of transmittal |(.pdf)->7 pages
I. Towards resilient growth |(.pdf)->16 pages
What a difference a year can make in the global economy, in terms of both facts and, above all, sentiment. The facts paint a brighter picture. There are clear signs that growth has gathered momentum. Economic slack in the major economies has diminished further; indeed, in some of them unemployment rates have fallen back to levels consistent with full employment. More...
II. Political shocks reorient markets |(.pdf) -> 18 pages
Financial markets in the second half of 2016 and the first half of 2017 were confronted by a changing political environment as the economic background brightened. Political events surprised markets, notably the June 2016 vote in the United Kingdom to leave the European Union (Brexit) and, most of all, the US presidential election in November. More...
III. The global economy: maturing recoveries, turning financial cycles? |(.pdf) ->17 pages
The global economy's cyclical upswing strengthened considerably during the year under review. By early 2017, virtually all major economies were expanding, and survey data confirmed the favourable short-term outlook. Slack in advanced economies shrank, especially in the labour market, and many emerging market economies (EMEs) benefited from higher commodity prices. Consumption growth was a key driver of demand, but business investment also showed signs of a rebound. More...
IV. Monetary policy: inching towards normalisation |(.pdf)->20 pages
Monetary policy continued to be generally very accommodative in the year under review. The Federal Reserve quickened its pace of policy rate normalisation while the Bank of Japan and ECB maintained their expansionary stances. Many other advanced economy and emerging market economy (EME) central banks kept policy rates range-bound near historical lows. More...
V. The financial sector - preparing for the future |(.pdf) ->18 pages
The financial sector faces an improving but still challenging environment. The near-term economic outlook has brightened substantially, and financial headwinds have turned into tailwinds in many advanced economies. Even so, uncertainty about the sustainability of the expansion lingers alongside structural challenges, such as technological innovation and consolidation pressures. And interest rates and term premia remain low across the major economies, compressing intermediation margins. More...
VI. Understanding globalisation | (.pdf) -> 28 pages
Globalisation has had a profoundly positive impact on people's lives over the past half-century. Nevertheless, despite its substantial benefits, it has been blamed for many shortcomings in the modern economy and society. Indeed, globalisation has faced more severe criticism than technological innovation and other secular trends that have potentially had even more profound consequences. More...
Statistical annex |(.pdf) -> 5 pages
The BIS: mission, activities, governance and financial results | (.pdf) -> 114 pages

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: ClovenSky
They own all the GOLD LOL! Thats why they encourage us not too. Anyone in the know will probably take some negligible public losses to their name, while their hidden shell companies that nobody knows about unless they target someone for forensic accounting pull the big money in gains. So I would infer that yes, they are quite well positioned.

Ordinary Indians own, between them, an estimated 20,000 tons of gold, so the elite do not own it all.
The Indian government is bringing in laws to control and tax transactions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join