It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone know the location of fuel evap canister-soleniod on 01 saturn sl1?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
so my saturn wont pass e check either. it is throwing a code for evap canister. it has been since i have had it. i just assumed it was going to be a large cost so i got an extension for my plates good for 6 months. i have 2 months left. i planned on having to do the $300 parts/labor thing to get the waiver but i just looked at the part on o reilly and it is only $28
i can get a cheapo obd2 scanner that can clear engine codes for about $30 as well
with that i can get this car passed for $60

i just dont know where it is

i tried looking and the only vid i found from a guy working on a saturn said it is right above the starter. that dont sound right.
a dude was working on a hyundai and his was left rear inside of some sort of box.

my car is parked in the street right now so i can not get out there and jack it up to look for it.

if anyone knows where it is on that car i would much appreciate the help

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

The air pump is located underhood, underneath the intake manifold near the starter motor. The air pump is the main component of the AIR system for California emission level vehicles only. The purpose of the AIR system is to inject air into the exhaust manifold to quickly increase the temperature of the catalytic converter. The air pump creates the pressure needed to inject air into the exhaust manifold. The air pump is controlled by the PCM through the air pump relay in the underhood fuse block (UHFB). Source

A rubber boot covers the duty cycle EVAP purge solenoid. The solenoid attaches to a bracket mounted to the right engine mount. The top of the solenoid has the word TOP on it. The solenoid will not operate unless it is installed correctly. Instructions

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

thanks.
the top is for california only
the bottom says it is by the air cleaner then lower it says it is under the vehicle.

i guess i am just going to have to look

thanks my friend

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I never worked on a Saturn so I have no clue. I looked under the hood of one once a long time ago.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I never worked on a Saturn so I have no clue. I looked under the hood of one once a long time ago.

hey thanks
ill try that

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I can check on mitchell prodemand for you and give you an exact location just need yr make and model, engine size and when i get to work in the morning ill let u know

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: neomaximus10

I can check on mitchell prodemand for you and give you an exact location just need yr make and model, engine size and when i get to work in the morning ill let u know

thanks man
2001 saturn sl1, 1.9 4cyl
appreciate it

mitchell is awesome. i used to use it in the shop like 15 years ago
loved it

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

They updated to an online version, no more 13 dvds lol, i still imaged them onto our server so we can access them 😉, since online access only allows 5 diff computers to login at a time via ip address, no more login either, ur logon is ur wan ip address.

Was it you or another person that is in ohio? Im in columbus
edit on 25-6-2017 by neomaximus10 because: Catdog!

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: neomaximus10

I'm in Elyria.
I remember the dvd' s
It was awesome though. We referenced it every day. I mostly referenced it for alignments

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

It doesnt give a location, just says lift vehicle and remove, one of the guys said its underneath next to the gas tank so i would look there, sorry, sometimes mitchell sucks lol

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: neomaximus10

Thanks man. I'll get into it today

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Usually on GM cars the evaporative canister is on drivers side near front of motor,it attaches to your gas filler,why you should never top off when fueling,the extra fuel leaks into canister,causing it to fail,it's a real cheap fix,the filters are like maybe 10 bucks,and eaay to repair,just pop top off,replace innards

join