It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump should not sign Obamacare repeal and replace

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

What makes you think things will get better without something replacing it? The Insurance companies are already charging you a lot, why would they decrease it? They don't WANT you to use it, that's when it costs them.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: StallionDuck

What makes you think things will get better without something replacing it? The Insurance companies are already charging you a lot, why would they decrease it? They don't WANT you to use it, that's when it costs them.

Lets see.... umm...

Because it wasn't before this BS healthcare bill took place. When this healthcare bill took hold, my insurance at the time (Signa) totally revamped and dumped what it was paying for which caused my MULTI NATIONAL Employer to dump them and go to blue cross blue shield which totally wrecked what we were getting before.

For LESS money per month, I was paying for an insurance that gave me 15$ visits and 50$ E-room visits and paid for ALL of my hospital stay beyond that. Now, I have a 35$ visit, 1500$ deductible and a 80% coverage which means I still have to pay 20%.

HUGE difference before and after. It happened exactly when this BS bill.... no... TAX was put in place.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Because it wasn't before this BS healthcare bill took place.

That's the thing, it's easy to get the toothpaste out, you just need to unscrew the cap. Screwing the cap back on doesn't put any toothpaste back in though.

something has to come in and make the insurance companies change.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
You know what would be nice? If there could be 2 systems.

One system that is a simple cash payment for services rendered with a price menu for each medical facility. No insurance and no government involved. You can simply shop around through the different price menus and decide which facility you want to visit.

The other system can be as full of government and insurance scams as it wants to. Maybe even setup a single payer system for these people.

Then we could sit back and see which one is better (assuming the data collection methods would be honest). You would have to belong to one of the systems. If politicians/government workers wanted to go the government/insurance route, they would need to receive the same service as everyone else and not the golden plate service that they are currently receiving.

Give people a choice.

I bet the results between those 2 systems would be black and white.

France does something like that with expats living there. French pay their taxes and get free medical care. Foreigners have to get an EHIC card and their national government pays for treatments. Privately run clinics have a pre-agreed pay scale for treatments with the French government.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: allsee4eye

Well, he should do the repeal part at least.

Replace I can do without.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Trump will cater to the insurance industry, remove all regulations and allow corps to not supply insurance to their employees.

You think prices are going down and health care will be more affordable?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Under free market conditions price is always the lowest possible. Adam Smith and his invisible hand.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Under free market conditions price is always the lowest possible. Adam Smith and his invisible hand.

Trumps neo trickle down won't be anything close to a free market. It will be more like a "pay to play" kind of deal.

American style business....This isn't the 1700s, things have changed....it's called speculation now.

edit on 25-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

The less tax, the closer to free market.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Some places do have cash payment options, they just cannot accept any govt insurance... by law they are not allowed to advertise the prices... which the cash surgery option wants to do to show how much cheaper it is when you cut out the insurance company.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

The less tax, the closer to free market.

Only the very wealthy will get a tax break. That's the supposed trickle down part. The middle class will have to take it in the *** once again. Taxes went up under Reagan remember? It didn't trickle down then and it won't under Trump.

dailycaller.com...

Trumps tax plan

www.usnews.com...
edit on 25-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

The richest like George Soros and Warren Buffet back Democrats. They hardly pay any taxes. Their goal is to put the masses on welfare so they can control society. Democrats is not friends of the poor. They want to dismantle the middle class so there is only the few elites and the 99.9999% poor on welfare who have no way out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join