It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump should not sign Obamacare repeal and replace

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
He should instead do his income tax reform, which I like. Healthcare is too sensitive an issue. If not done right, it would be politically disastrous. Democrats had the WH, the Senate, the House in 2009 and 2010. That's why they were able to push through Obamacare reform. The reform was not a success by any means. That's why Democrats lost the House, the Senate, the WH. Trump doesn't need to take a risk with healthcare. He can simply leave Obamacare in place for now. If Obamacare gets better, Americans win. If Obamacare gets worse, Dems will lose more seats in the 2018 election. If I were Trump, I wouldn't touch healthcare for now and simply go for tax reform.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Well, he should do the repeal part at least.

Replace I can do without.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

If Obamacare is repealed, the tens of millions who got insurance because of Obamacare's medicaid expansion will lose it. That is a no no in my books. Just let Obamacare live out its life is the best option for Trump.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

If Obamacare is repealed, the tens of millions who got insurance because of Obamacare's medicaid expansion will lose it. That is a no no in my books. Just let Obamacare live out its life is the best option for Trump.

If nobody had insurance, health Care costs would be slowly forced back to reasonable levels, as nobody would go to the doctor because it isn't affordable. That puts doctors offices and medication manufacturers in a position to either correct their pricing our go out of business.

Insurance is the problem, not the solution...

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Dump it. It will fail, why add your name to the fail?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Good point. Insurance company is not charity. They are there to make money for themselves at the expense of everyone else.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
You know what would be nice? If there could be 2 systems.

One system that is a simple cash payment for services rendered with a price menu for each medical facility. No insurance and no government involved. You can simply shop around through the different price menus and decide which facility you want to visit.

The other system can be as full of government and insurance scams as it wants to. Maybe even setup a single payer system for these people.

Then we could sit back and see which one is better (assuming the data collection methods would be honest). You would have to belong to one of the systems. If politicians/government workers wanted to go the government/insurance route, they would need to receive the same service as everyone else and not the golden plate service that they are currently receiving.

Give people a choice.

I bet the results between those 2 systems would be black and white.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

It's more about "optics" right now than preventing a catastrophe. Not enough people rely on ObamaCare for staying alive to cause a national catastrophe. But almost every Republican elected in this country since 2010, was elected by promising to Repeal ObamaCare. That was their #1, top priority promise. To not do so, when no one can stop them, would totally ruin the Republican brand for 2018.

Tax Reform won't be that easy. Lots of people and corporations pay almost no taxes, thanks to all the deductions. Remove those deductions, and they'll pay MORE in taxes..even with a lower tax rate of 15%.

edit on 6/25/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Nothing lasts forever here on planet Earth. They probably didn't have healthcare before Obamacare was crammed down America's throat in an illegal fashion, so to lose something based on lies and dirty tricks leaves them back with nothing which they had before. And the kicker is those Class A A-holes adding in the IRS penalty which infuriated me, so I hope they just flush it all right down the toilet.
If people have an emergency they can still go to the ER.
The government should regulate the system and force costs down. If 1 aspirin costs 20 cents at the local drug store, it will cost no more than 10 percent above that at the hospital, not 500 dollars. The system is completely corrupt and needs a reset.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

If nobody had insurance, health Care costs would be slowly forced back to reasonable levels, as nobody would go to the doctor because it isn't affordable. That puts doctors offices and medication manufacturers in a position to either correct their pricing our go out of business.

uh huh....so, why didn't that happen BEFORE the ACA?.....back then it was give me your life savings or your home, and we can save your relative from dying....

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Whatever replaces ACA, it will still favor the insurance industry, pharma, and for profit hospitals.

They will call it Trump care but the neo cons will still pull the strings. Many will suffer but don't bitch, it's just business as usual.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Then he loses, you can't repeal and not replace.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Then he loses, you can't repeal and not replace.

Yes, you can.

Most people never wanted Obamacare in the first place and the 2-3% of the people that actually want this scam aren't going to vote for Trump anyway.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Political suicide.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: lordcomac

uh huh....so, why didn't that happen BEFORE the ACA?.....back then it was give me your life savings or your home, and we can save your relative from dying....

Because we had too many people insurance before the ACA- the ACA only made the situation worse.

Forty-two million people were uninsured in the United States in 2013, the year before the implementation of President Obama's health care law, according to an annual report from the Census Bureau released Tuesday. The number represented 13.4 percent of the population.

source

That means that 86.6% of the population had health insurance. It really only takes about 50% for prices to spin out of control.

Then the ACA came along.
Many of us who already had insurance, now have worse insurance that costs more money- and the pool of people the healthcare industry can extort with insane high prices has grown. Once there's supposedly nobody without health insurance, they can charge as much as the insurance companies are willing to pay, then send you to collections over the remaining 25% of the bill.

Once again.... health insurance is the cause of, not the solution to, to overpriced healthcare.

edit on 25-6-2017 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2017 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
As Trump said, healthcare is so sensitive there is a very narrow path. If I were him, I certainly would do healthcare last.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It's funny, nobody even liked Obamacare till they tried to take it away. It needs to be at least seriously revamped. People should not be required to pay for coverage they will never need. Medicine and psychiatry has exploited Obamacare and it is getting too expensive, there has to be some reasonablility figured into healthcare. Otherwise we will be paying half of what we make to pay for services we really do not need or want. If you got good insurance, they will run you through every test they can find a reason to run. They will vaccinate you for unnecessary things, saying they are important when the disease is rarely a problem. They will send you through rehab even if you do not need it, just because the insurance will pay for it.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I think that was less liking Obamacare and more thinking the replacement less.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: rickymouse

I think that was less liking Obamacare and more thinking the replacement less.

We need to get real healthcare in this country, this whole healthcare system has gotten out of hand. There are doctors and hospitals all over abusing the healthcare system. With so many people in society knowing someone who works for healthcare, people are being told to go to doctors for every sniffle.

I know someone who had a small lump on her arm, the doctor saw it and took a biopsy and said it was cancerous. She had radiation for a week, then a surgery is now scheduled to dig a little deeper and is scheduled for chemo after that. That patch had not grown in over a year, the cancer cells were dormant. Cancer is defined by rapid growth, when you put a cancer cell that is not growing into a petri dish with food, there is no immune system stopping it, they give it food and take away the bodies defenses that were keeping it at bay and call it cancer when it is just a small tumor. Now, after they wiped out her immune system it might spread. Cancer is defined by rapid growth, if your body is not allowing that, it is not cancer. Half the time treatment for cancer is weakening our bodies and allowing cancer to spread.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

So.... Keep it and people like me who ARE paying for insurance can continue to NOT go to the doctor because we can't afford the fees.

Or.... Dump it (kill it dead) and people like me who ARE paying for insurance can once again afford to go to the doctor.

Hmmmm... I say kill the @$#% out of it.

There were always alternative sources for people who couldn't afford to pay for a medical visit. It's called Charity Hospitals. I used one quite often as a child growing up because my parents couldn't afford regular doctor visits.

Now... I can't afford it because of the BS situation we're in where my insurance may be affordable but my doctor visits damn sure isn't. 20% of a LOT, is still a hell of a LOT. Plus Co Pay, plus deductible....

Kill it!
edit on 25-6-2017 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join