It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democrats party will disappear like the Wig party.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

The left has become ever more extreme in their politics while the right has stayed fairly constant.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

You think it's not already divided? Has been for years.

The Democratic party will be fine, when it finally digs its collective head out of its collective asses.

This latest is push back, that's all. Clear indication that a majority of American voters think that the party has swung too far to the left. Moderate their stances, and the more moderate Dems will return to the fold. It really is that simple.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

The Democratic party will be fine, when it finally digs its collective head out of its collective asses.

This latest is push back, that's all. Clear indication that a majority of American voters think that the party has swung too far to the left. Moderate their stances, and the more moderate Dems will return to the fold. It really is that simple.
I agree, but the problem is the party as a whole has become more extreme. If they go back to being more moderate they alienate their more extreme members.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

They are a minority who have, at least in my case, chased us, the more moderates, off. We get really tired of being, literally in all too many cases, screamed at. It simply isn't worth my time and effort to attempt to reason with the unreasonable.

In many places in the Democratic party its a tyranny of the minority. Meanwhile, the more moderate or even conservative Democrats vote "other". Thus you get Trump, and GOP controlled congress and state houses. Oops.

Meanwhile, in 2020, some of us will walk into caucus meeting around the nation, and say in so many words..."We told you so." Then ask 'em if they're ready to listen. Because right now, the Midterms are going to be a bloodbath for the Dems. Unless they get their act together now, they're going to lose even more seats in all areas.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Brother, I am a union man....

Everybody in my trade voted for trump, they know that work will pick up under him, unlike our last President....where I worked 4 months in 2 years.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1
a reply to: crazyewok

Probably a real progressive party or something like Libertarians or Classical Liberalism.

As long as something replaces it.

A one party state is not a route the US wants to go down.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I could be wrong, but I really do not think they are a minority any more.

First, the researchers find that Democrats as a whole have shifted farther to the left than the Republicans have to the right, with very liberal Democrats becoming even more liberal.

www.washingtonpost.com... _term=.89784757871f

Webb: Democratic Party has moved 'very far to the left'
thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/319131-webb-dem-party-has-moved-very-far-to-the-left

Why America Is Moving Left
www.theatlantic.com...

Have Democrats Pulled Too Far Left?
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: amfirst1
a reply to: crazyewok

Probably a real progressive party or something like Libertarians or Classical Liberalism.

As long as something replaces it.

A one party state is not a route the US wants to go down.

It actually makes sense if you consider it as an early stage of the so many times predicted world government. It can be delayed but it's going to happen soon or later.
edit on 25-6-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
In other words, the members and supporters will be absorbed into new parties? (This being what happened to the Whigs) There's lots of historical precedents for party re-alignments. But then there's the way that the two-party system has got embedded into the legal structure of your electoral process (e.g. primaries governed by state laws). That must make it more difficult to break the rigidity of the current set of alignments.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I honestly don't know. The democrats I know, few if any of them, are the hard far left we see so much of on youtube and the news...

So my evidence of a minority is strictly anecdotal. I sure hope I'm right, because they seem intent upon doubling down on the stupid...

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Every party is divided for that matter and has been for years, but was not my point.

I should have used an easier term "split".

Which was based on an IF and fruition.

just clarifying.

mg

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I hope so too because the Left that I see to often are out to destroy the country and remake it in their image.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
We'll have to wait and see who the MSM and globalists decide what role they want the US to provide so they can continue to siphon off the amazing profits of Americans hard work and ingenuity.

With such pathetic and greedy leadership, supported by huge corporations and the Rothschilds, Bilderburgs etc its time Americans just give u on "freeedom" or start over.

The future should be interesting - the present is a mess.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

The name may disappear, but the core ideology and the people that follow it will remain.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

existing thread on topic

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

You must not be familiar with these forums as of late, beating dead horses is in style and allowed for some reason. Half the threads posted here could easily be combined into one giant mega-thread and the dialogue would be consistent and fluent throughout.
edit on 6/25/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

The Democrat Party dropped working class middle America for the fake diversity that is in reality organized anti-Americanism.

And, quite simply, they spin every Republican initiative into an "end of the world!" scenario. Take today for example. Bernie Sanders attends a "Protect our Healthcare" rally, where he screams to the crowd of 2,000..

""Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) was in Charleston, W.Va., Sunday for a Protect Our Health Care Rally where he urged GOP Sen. Shelley Moore Capito to vote against what he called a “barbaric and immoral” bill

This legislation will cause devastating, unprecedented harm to millions of people in my state, in your state and all across the country.”""

Source: thehill.com...

A "Barbaric and Immoral bill that will bring devastating, unprecedented harm to MILLIONS of people!" ???

Have Democrats not learned that the more they fear-monger, the more they LOSE and LOSE and LOSE? I'm embarrassed for the moderate, intelligent Democrats.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Most union jobs would be no more due to Globalism. Union workers will have to embrace Trump style nationalism if they want a job. Trump actually stole a lot of Union Workers to his side and is transforming the Republican party to embrace his ideas.

Dems have no real leader or message after Trump completely expose them and destroy their Internationalists platform. The Neocons on the right will slowly phase out because they have already been identified and a more nationalistic America First type platform would be embraced.

The Alt Right is taking over and is now more popular than establishment Republicans. The One World Conspiracy is going to fail and anyone who embraces them will go down or be exposed. People are too awake to stop the momentum.

Unless the Dems can reinvent themselves I don't see them taking over anytime soon. But for that to happen they will need new blood and no way in hell the old guard is going to let the younger generation take over.
edit on 25-6-2017 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
As long as the media is 99% Liberal Democrat the party will never die.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join