It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Why the Democratic party is doomed'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

You got it wrong. Trump supporters want tax breaks and deregulation. Leftist can bi17ch and moan, but the grassroots Trump supporters support all those things, so he did not abandon them like you idiots think he is doing. lol The right does not support Marxists ideology. For you to assume that the right support Marxism is called projection.
edit on 25-6-2017 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Heads we lose, tails we lose. All the while they get exactly what they want.

Maybe victory isn't possible under the current paradigm. I wonder how long it will take before people start searching for a new structure?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
If there was Russian interference in the election it happened on the Great O's watch. Why didn't the all powerful saviour act?.

really?....you don't have a clue?....by the way, he did tell the American people, and had a meeting with the leaders of congress (republicans and democrats) about what he knew at the time, and SHOCKER!!...the republican leadership didn't give a damn.....let me ask you this....would you have believed Obama if he came out more strongly, and would you have done anything about it?....your answer to that, is the answer to your posted question

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The Democratic Party isn't being run by Dems.

The party no longer aligns with or stands for what classic liberals believe in.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Look at the history of single party political systems. The Soviet Union. North Korea. Baathist Iraq. Iran. etc... Not exactly the freest, most welcoming of places are they, or in the case of the USSR was.

So be really careful about what you wish for...
You may, indeed, get it.
Just sayin'.

That's what I was thinking, mind you a two party system ain't so good either when there is no third party monkey wrench to throw in when needed.
Anyway,
Where did this tweet come from? it doesn't have a https:// twitter.com/ twitlonger address, just twitlonger.com

edit on 25-6-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Where did this tweet come from? it doesn't have a https:// twitter.com/ twitlonger address, just twitlonger.com

Below is the link to Julian Assange's specific tweet where he gives the link to his twitlonger page (refer screenshot in the OP)

twitter.com...

edit on 25-6-2017 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Yep and all the while people like the OP are too caught up in identity politics to realize they're being played.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
It almost seems like the dems are TRYING to implode their party. I wonder why?

At least some are -- that's for sure!!!

There has been a power struggle going on for some time within the Democrat party. One group in particular has done much to bleed the Democrat party's coffers dry... and set up a competing organization... and establish a data collection system for everything and everyone the likes of which we've never seen before... (blackmail anyone???)

If only more people would step out of their echo chamber of choice and see what's really going on...

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Doomed?

Doomed? Here's a warning, for y'all who seem to be cheering the possibility.

Look at the history of single party political systems. The Soviet Union. North Korea. Baathist Iraq. Iran. etc... Not exactly the freest, most welcoming of places are they, or in the case of the USSR was.

So be really careful about what you wish for...

You may, indeed, get it.

Just sayin'.

no one wants every democrat to disappear. would be nice if the existing dem party would be more open and less rigid ideologue.

if all the dems did move to Canada, the Republicans would split in two or three parties a half hour later. Tea Party (Cruz), Moderate Party (Trump), Moral Majority (Sessions). only thing holding the Repubs together is fear of the dems. just look at how the health care redo is going, can't get everyone on board. I'd rather have a party with some division than a party full of conformist sheeple.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yep and all the while people like the OP are too caught up in identity politics to realize they're being played.

I thought the information was well presented. I didn't really detect partisanship and instead I chose to view it as an attempt at education.

But ultimately I agree. It would be nice to see information that exposes the system as being corrupt and not just placing the blame on the individual actors. The actors will change as they always do but the system will continue chugging along impervious to fate of those it uses as the puppets.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

No argument from me!! Life long Democrat here...once upon a time a state level Gary Hart delegate. Young and stupid...but I sure had fun!

But it's been years since my voice, and those of my political bent, were listened to in the Democratic caucus. Either we're ignored, or shouted down, usually a combination of both. It's not a whole lot of fun, anymore.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The Democrat + Republican Party needs to dissipate like a bad fart.

That said, until this SJW insanity started tearing society to pieces my general policy was to not too much get on people for being either conservative of liberal. Except for policies are total disaster, and especially that with lunacy across the masses involved. But in general avoid "Moral Emotional Wedge Issues" (dead baby fetuses etc) which only drive people to insanity. Now that the SJW sorts have taken the main 'liberal' stage, and half the old liberal seem more or less cool with their drama, and ALL their materials are wedge issues, yeah it's been Battle Stations since i got around to noticing the trend.

And as long as the radicals are given free reign, even wide scale comfort and encouragement (and paychecks) to stormtrooper around etc, the DNC needs to suffer. Since "both" of the Two Party already warranted being shut down as the criminal racket they've been at least as long as I've been alive, for the DNC to bring in Nazi Germany modeled identity formula, and their uprising formula no less, they need to burn forever that party a stain so stank to rival the likes of only the KKK (which they also essentially founded).

Problem is the GOP having free reign no rivals would be a disaster too. They look halfway decent lately since they were out for 8 years, and how nuts the liberal + Democrat scene has gotten. Note that liberalism and the Democrat Party isn't inherently the same thing, anymore than with the 'red team'. Sure they play lip service to their crowds, but a little focused scratching & sniffing and viola: the "Republicans" are Big Business + Big Government stooges / puppets, and look at that the "Democrats" are Big Government + Big Business puppets / stooges.

So there should be by law essentially, I think 5 parties. The big profits MSM networks etc should have to give each party a fair shake the debates in particular. And all 5 party's debate winner should be at every home stretch debate. Otherwise we dont have a democracy, or hardly even a constitutional republic. Instead it's a Corporatacy with no real choice no real voice, and a crass one at that with only these 2 divided & conquer us vs. them "parties". Look where that's gotten us now. A constant game of one upsmanship that lead to the Democrat Machine go full Hitlerian social engineering retard. And WTF the Rep's + Dem's have been working together for decades now, with the MSM lock step every step of the way every time and in between, to just stomp all other potential rivals. How much has the world had to suffer as a result? People should be locked up for that collusion. Those 2 parties should be banned. It's called accountability, something which because the Two Party play the same game, despite all the stagecraft and theatrics all the time, investigations and so on, no one in DC ever faces true accountability. If there were multiple genuine parties, and they all knew they'd face accountability, war criminals and such they just wouldn't even try anymore half the stuff that goes on. Instead they know they have carte blanch and oh the other team might embarrass my evil plot etc if they get wind of it, maybe unless they have the same scam going on behind their scenes right now, but worst case scenario oh I might get embarrassed for a tick. No jail time; have you ever heard the run the stop sign saying "no cop no stop".

So I say let there be conservatives, and liberals, and others. But these dinosaur ruthlessly wicked & corrupt Republican & Democrat Party need be banned. And deliberate mass scale subversion "Hyper-Tribalist" Identity Politics / social engineering agendas need to be crucified by one and all everyone when and if a party ever tried to pull that BS again. Everyone gets the same equal rights as individuals, not because of what group they're in, and there goes the bulk of the excuses to constantly squirt diarrhea in the punch bowl that is fedeal level politcs (which should be about stuff like economics, defense (not offense), and stuff like that (not stuff like what color Naveed wants to dye heshe hair and still be considered cool).

Gary Hart?

edit on 25-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yep, that Gary Hart. Not one of my finer decisions...

In my defense, I was 20 years old...

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Very good post OP, S&F.

I completely agree with his appraisal, specially the last part, for the democratic party to even survive at this point it has to be rebuilt from the ground up by grass roots activists. Wont be easy as the white working class is completely alienated, so if there is a reboot, it will probably be comprised of identity politics centric activists and outright leftists. Neither of which will attract enough of a majority vote to be a threat to the GOP for a very long time. Also I don't see the current corporate/globalist owned and subsidized democratic party developing a platform that offers anything to the working class that doesn't disfavor their personal interests other than some kind of modified Obamacare. The only was the democratic party will be able to become an effective cohesive force is if we can heal racial divisions and get people to realize they are all in it together, and at this point that seems like a very big longshot that is a long way off. We are in for a long rough ride.

edit on 25-6-2017 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
And that is where I believe the narrative will fail. As Assange points out, the reason that the demographics who felt disenfranchised by the DNC swung toward Trump was the suggestion --- sotto-voce --- that Trump would take care of them. The Trump Cult will get their panties all bunched up over this but... they were snookered. Trump's not going to take care of them. Nor are the Republicans. The Trump/GOP regime is going to do what they always do and what they're attempting to do now --- take care of the wealthy/elite. Give them tax breaks, roll-back investment restrictions, deregulate to improve their bottom line, etc. The prevailing Trump/GOP model used to be branded trickle-down economics: give a boat-load of money to business and the wealthy and they will spend and create jobs. Problem is it doesn't work. Didn't then, won't now.

At some point people are going to figure out that neither party has any interest in their well-being and then --- maybe --- things will actually change. In the meantime, the current regime keeps pouring-out that smokescreen so they can do what they want behind-the-scenes. I know, I know... NOT Donald!! He's different. He's not one of Them.

Yea... right.
Naw...Independants and Dems didn't turn to Trump hoping he would take care of them...That was Hillary's and Bernie's promise...Trump offered good paying jobs, and affordable healthcare and the things the middle class really want...

Trickle down economics absolutely did work...But not for America...It worked for Mexico and China and Indonesia...If Trump can keep those profits in the U.S. it can work here as well...

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

OP posts essay from Julian Assange asking for comments from ATS therefore OP is caught up in identity politics???

Explain to stoopid aussie how I'm 'being played'?? (bet you can't, without looking stoopid)

So far, I have concluded that you are jealous of me, not too sure why, and don't bother denying it. Anyone who wants to review your posting history in my threads can see it plain as day.

Being jealous is a pathetic trait.

Grow up, only a loser focuses in on the messenger when they can't win the argument legitimately.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I was referring to your posting history in general.

And you're right, I'm jealous of you. You caught me! I'm so embarrassed.

I guess that means you're jealous of liberals since you constantly complain about them.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I guess that means you're jealous of liberals since you constantly complain about them.

No I don't - I focus in on libtards. Liberals are not libtards. A libtard is a retarded liberal.

Big difference.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

So you're jealous of libtards. Thanks for clarifying.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

So you're jealous of libtards. Thanks for clarifying.

No I'm not - listen, pay attention.

'Jealous' does not equal 'focusing in on'.

Unless or course you are saying that you, the entire MSM establishment and the entire DNC are JEALOUS of Trump, which is why you are focusing in on him constantly??

See, your logic bites you in the ass.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join